Gonzaga to the Big East? | Syracusefan.com

Gonzaga to the Big East?

Why not creighton is already there. Just have the big East west and east.

Sounds imminent, with 2 other programs.
It would be a big loss for ESPN and a chance for Fox to finally stop bleeding cash with that awful deal they signed with the New Big East, Would really screw the teams Gonzaga leaves behind. I wonder if any of them would ever play them out of conference again?

Sounds imminent, with 2 other programs.
Curious about the other two programs.

Would they be from out West? LMU? USF? Univ. of San Diego. All are Catholic colleges. -- If they do this right, could be sort of like when the Dodgers and Giants moved to California in the late 50s.

St. Louis Univ.? (another Catholic school, they've had some moderate success through the years)
Univ. of Richmond fits the BE profile pretty well, a smidge more than VCU, which is a state school.

Much less likely: Duquesne, Univ. of Detroit (both Catholic Schools), Davidson (if they wanted to push a bit further south)

Curious about the other two programs.

Would they be from out West? LMU? USF? Univ. of San Diego. All are Catholic colleges. -- If they do this right, could be sort of like when the Dodgers and Giants moved to California in the late 50s.

St. Louis Univ.? (another Catholic school, they've had some moderate success through the years)
Univ. of Richmond fits the BE profile pretty well, a smidge more than VCU, which is a state school.

Much less likely: Duquesne, Univ. of Detroit (both Catholic Schools), Davidson (if they wanted to push a bit further south)
Several weeks ago on a message board I read the 3 teams that the BE were going to add were St Louis, Dayton and UMASS. I'm guessing Gonzaga decided they didn't want to be left in the WCC and went all in. That would mean one of the other teams gets shut out, probably St Louis.

It would be a big loss for ESPN and a chance for Fox to finally stop bleeding cash with that awful deal they signed with the New Big East, Would really screw the teams Gonzaga leaves behind. I wonder if any of them would ever play them out of conference again?
It makes no sense for Gonzaga to be in the East. None at all. They’re doing fine where they are.

Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it. Plus, once again, what does adding UMass bring to the Big East that they don't already have?

Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it. Plus, once again, what does adding UMass bring to the Big East that they don't already have?
And why would Nova and Gtown want Gonzaga in their conference? Georgetown administrators should focus on fixing their basketball program. These athletic administrators have no idea what they’re doing most of the time. They only look at the dollar signs and don’t ever look at the big picture and what’s best for their programs in the long term, and that’s not always what they think it is.

Last edited:
I’m

why would Nova and Gtown want Gonzaga in their conference? Georgetown should focus on fixing their basketball program.
More viewers and more money.

More viewers??? For UMass? They can't keep a coach. They don't win. I live near Mullins. There are a ton of empty seats at every game. They add neither.
I kind of scratched my head when Frank Martin took the job there, it makes sense now.

More viewers??? For UMass? They can't keep a coach. They don't win. I live near Mullins. There are a ton of empty seats at every game. They add neither.
Dasher you are my internet grandpa and it’s upsetting to see you say mean things about alma mater because an outsider fans the UMass flames on this website.

They aren’t going to the Big East probably ever but people will fill the Mullins if they have a winning team.

The Big East can really screw up their conference and damage what they have going.
Letting a big state school (UConn) back in with bigger resources than all the other small private schools made no sense. You would think they would have learned that lesson in the past.

Dasher you are my internet grandpa and it’s upsetting to see you say mean things about alma mater because an outsider fans the UMass flames on this website.

They aren’t going to the Big East probably ever but people will fill the Mullins if they have a winning team.
Keep in mind, my high school baseball coach was a guy named Bill Mullins. as in Mullins the home of Umass basketball. I rooted for Umass long before you guys were born. Then they got good and the abuse I took from new Umass fans was brutal. I have never forgot it.

Keep in mind, my high school baseball coach was a guy named Bill Mullins. as in Mullins the home of Umass basketball. I rooted for Umass long before you guys were born. Then they got good and the abuse I took from new Umass fans was brutal. I have never forgot it.
I am just saying that if the basketball (and football) programs were even competent, people would 100000% show up for the games. People giving you chit kind of speaks to that, no?

My best friend from UMass has turned into a legit Syracuse fan because I’m a psychopath. He and our other roommate from college watch every game and they went without me when we played at BC this year. I always tell him that he needs Syracuse football and basketball fandom in his life because it will make him appreciate what the Boston pro teams have given us in our lifetimes. It took me one week at that school to understand why everyone hates Boston sports fans.

So much for the Catholic-only schools conference, sounds like the Mormons are coming with...

edit correction: BYU is going to the Big 12...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom