Good Music | Syracusefan.com

Good Music

You realize your going to get everything from Springsteen to DMB to Stones to Smashing Pumpkins, to Pearl Jam to Barry Manilow, etc etc

I'll start.
King Diamond
Maybe we should go Canadian. Neil Young's always good. I like the After the Gold Rush album.:)

You realize your going to get everything from Springsteen to DMB to Stones to Smashing Pumpkins, to Pearl Jam to Barry Manilow, etc etc

I'll start.
King Diamond

That is my music interest, I could go on all day. Dmb is probably my all time favorite band. I love Billy Joel, Sinatra, 90's alternative. I love punk, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, New Found Glory.

That is my music interest, I could go on all day. Dmb is probably my all time favorite band. I love Billy Joel, Sinatra, 90's alternative. I love punk, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, New Found Glory.
Might not be totally your thing but as far as punk goes try Rise Against.

I'm a fan of bands/musicians that write their own music, play instruments, and write their own lyrics. So I need to exclude nearly all pop acts. Mostly over produced "fluff" that's easy to digest, and designed to move units. Someone like Beyonce has a team of about 50 producers telling her what to write lyrically, writing music for her, and telling her how to dress.
Give me a musician that puts on paper, what came from his own brain.

Anything Chris Cornell is involved in.
Solo Work (except for the "Scream" album)
Soundgarden
Temple of the Dog (Vedder is great, but only sang 1 line on the whole album. This was Cornells work)
Audioslave
Pearl Jam
Nirvana
Alice in Chains
21 Pilots (Tyler Joseph is a genius)
Zeppelin
Avett Brothers
Ben Folds
Ben Folds Five
Skynard
The Beatles
Blind Mellon (hugely under-rated)
Rush
Beastie Boys

Too many to list. Those are at the forefront of my brain.
[HD] Chris Cornell - "Misery Chain" (Feat. Joy Williams) 12/16/13 David Letterman - YouTube
Soundgarden - Fell On Black Days - YouTube
twenty one pilots: Lane Boy [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

as a fellow canadien you no doubt are aware of bobby bazini. great voice. i'd also recommend lisa hannigan AT SWIM . lovely vocals.

favorite albums king crimson
discipline.jpg

talking heads

remain_in_light.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if this is really the audience, given the tracks being posted, but The Weeknd's new album "Starboy" (with the Daft Punk influence) is crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom