Good perception | Syracusefan.com

Good perception

MadNY3

All American
After today’s game:
  • A number of Tweets pointing to the refs as MVP from non- Syracuse fans
  • Chryon scrolling on other games saying “Clemson (4) rallies down 11 in 4th quarter to beat Syracuse (14).”
I suspect Syracuse is nationally respected more after this game than before.

It still hurts. I’m more in the pissed camp because of what we did (or didn’t do.) But a part of me is giddy to be pissed why we lost because we might be a good program again.

Ditto. As I've been saying for weeks, Syracuse football is fun again.

And I'm so heartbroken, because we had a chance to win today's game, on the road, despite how his poor the second half was. Despite everything, we had a chance to win in the end on the final drive, which I think everyone would have signed up for before the game.

Disappointed, but far from angry. They played hard, made plays, got beat by a better team. They did what they needed to to put themselves in a position to win, but didn’t score when they had a chance to extend.

The defense is excellent, the offense is good enough to win against just about anybody but a handful of teams.

Disappointed, but far from angry. They played hard, made plays, got beat by a better team. They did what they needed to to put themselves in a position to win, but didn’t score when they had a chance to extend.

The defense is excellent, the offense is good enough to win against just about anybody but a handful of teams.
... Just need to bounce back next weekend, and the ship will be 100% righted.

And that's exactly what we're going to do, whip Notre Dame next weekend.

In spite of it all, on essentially the final play, we had a shot to win

We looked like we belonged against the #5 team and with all our injuries. What more could you ask for. Great game to be able to watch. It meant something and we were right there.

Yep. Sucks that we didn't close. But we looked like a top 10 team, and I think we are.

I was upset we lost and if we won imagine the impact. But let’s put our big boy pants on. This is what being a real team is about. Every week a good SEC team loses to another ranked higher. So what. It was exciting and we looked pretty good against a very good team.

And I agree, there’s no reason we aren’t at least right in that top 10 area. If recruiting continues to improve, then comes depth and we hold on to the coaching staff for a little while longer. We’ve got something happening

We're back to where we were in 2018.

We're a good team, can we build and sustain unlike what happened 2019- preseason 2022?

I think the difference is the coaches we have, the depth coming back, and the uptick in recruiting and potential for some real recruiting wins. I think there is a difference even though this team feels very similar

I think the difference is the coaches we have, the depth coming back, and the uptick in recruiting and potential for some real recruiting wins. I think there is a difference even though this team feels very similar

What worries me is everyone knows we have a good coaching staff, which makes them more likely to be poached.

And it's not losing Anae or even Dino that worries me, but White and Beck, though more the latter than the former.

Result of the game withstanding, there's lots of good things happening both on and off the field that'll help SU make its case to belong in the next round of realignment.

What worries me is everyone knows we have a good coaching staff, which makes them more likely to be poached.

And it's not losing Anae or even Dino that worries me, but White and Beck, though more the latter than the former.

Result of the game withstanding, there's lots of good things happening both on and off the field that'll help SU make its case to belong in the next round of realignment.

I don’t disagree. I think we’re going to have to step up and pay White some $ b/c he’s being noticed. I think we at least keep Anae and Beck for a little while.

“Chance to extend” is the real killer. Get the ball to our 43 after the first 3rd quarter takeaway and we go backwards. Ball on the 50 after the second takeaway and we go 3 and out.

Find a way to get 10 points on those drives and we win going away. Get 6 and we still might have pulled it out.

If we can avoid more crippling injuries I’m very optimistic for our last 5 games.

For f**** sake, just enjoy the ride.

Oh, and pay the coaches so that the core nucleus stays intact for a few years...

For f**** sake, just enjoy the ride.

Oh, and pay the coaches so that the core nucleus stays intact for a few years...

I'm enjoying the ride, and FYI I think we'll have a great season next year,

I just hope for sustained success so SU can get out of this never ending tidal.

You'd never thought SU was top 15 four years ago based on how the pregame talk went. And sure it's #not theirfault but I just want some sustained success is all.

I don’t disagree. I think we’re going to have to step up and pay White some $ b/c he’s being noticed. I think we at least keep Anae and Beck for a little while.

If I am White I am only leaving for a HC job or a great fit big time DC job. Most big time jobs are schools playing a 4-3 and have fans with zero patience. I won't make that move if I were him. It would have to be a team that already plays a 3-3-5 or has a new HC that is all in on a 3-3-5 D. The former would allow for more transition time. Otherwise I would stay at SU.

If I am White I am only leaving for a HC job or a great fit big time DC job. Most big time jobs are schools playing a 4-3 and have fans with zero patience. I won't make that move if I were him. It would have to be a team that already plays a 3-3-5 or has a new HC that is all in on a 3-3-5 D. The former would allow for more transition time. Otherwise I would stay at SU.
I said it on another post, can’t blame a guy for taking a HC job but you can’t lose any assistants to “lateral” jobs. Pay them what the want(obviously within reason) it will save you money in the long run.

Yes, this. The DL is running on fumes and the d backfield didn’t have its best player.

I’m not angry, but I’m bummed. I figured this was exactly the kind of heart wrenching loss we’d have (even thought so after we stopped their opening 2nd half drive), but it still stinks.

The only ref call that really bothers me is the non call on the Shrader hit. It’s inconsistent bull**** and deserves a league review, but won’t get one. They don’t care.

This could still be an 11-1 team.

Two more years and a 500k bump immediately.

Yes, this. The DL is running on fumes and the d backfield didn’t have its best player.

I’m not angry, but I’m bummed. I figured this was exactly the kind of heart wrenching loss we’d have (even thought so after we stopped their opening 2nd half drive), but it still stinks.

The only ref call that really bothers me is the non call on the Shrader hit. It’s inconsistent bull**** and deserves a league review, but won’t get one. They don’t care.

This could still be an 11-1 team.
*12-1

Just hold this group together for 1 more season. That's all I ask.

We're back to where we were in 2018.

We're a good team, can we build and sustain unlike what happened 2019- preseason 2022?
The underbelly of this team is built better than 2018. 2018 relied on so many seniors having their best seasons without enough behind them when they left. This team has underclassmen that contribute every week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom