Goodbye Aluminum seats | Syracusefan.com

Goodbye Aluminum seats

I won’t miss those benches. Will the new seats have cup holders?

Oh My God Reaction GIF by The Office

Almost Everyone will have their seats moved. Fewer seats in a row people get bumped up. Further up you go the further away your seats will be moved. Good stuff through especially with the 5G wifi.

Never had a problem with the bench seats. If we ever get consistently good 42,000 seats isn’t going to be enough, big if. I’m on the aisle, I want to stay on the aisle.

Almost Everyone will have their seats moved. Few seats in a row people get bumped up. Further up you go the further away your seats will be moved. Good stuff through especially with the 5G wifi.
Since there are some empty seats in some areas of preferred seating, I hope they try to fill in the gaps to keep people as close as possible to their seats. I assume longevity might also play a role.

Last edited:
Never had a problem with the bench seats. If we ever get consistently good 42,000 seats isn’t going to be enough, big if. I’m on the aisle, I want to stay on the aisle.
Seniority/Orange Club points? Not sure how else they will do it.

If we're starting in June they still must be planning on jamming 34 people in each row.

Which means no armrests or cupholders :(

Plastic benches with backs ??

If we're starting in June they still must be planning on jamming 34 people in each row.

Which means no armrests or cupholders :(

Plastic benches with backs ??
The seats in Manley never had arm rests.

Question regarding the new dome because unfortunately I was not able to make it this year. Is it as loud as the old dome? I have some concern that noise will continue to decrease. First with the lack of pressure in the dome and the meta benches. 2 things which increase noise.

Question regarding the new dome because unfortunately I was not able to make it this year. Is it as loud as the old dome? I have some concern that noise will continue to decrease. First with the lack of pressure in the dome and the meta benches. 2 things which increase noise.
Its louder in my opinion. Just ask Hugh Freeze lol

It's amazing that people can knit with all that noise going on.