Orange&Blue44

Recruiting Nerlens Noel never stops
in.gif

April, 2, 2012
Apr 2
2:26
PM ET
By Dave Telep
NEW ORLEANS – Even on Bourbon Street it’s hard to hide the flat top.

Nerlens Noel (Everett, Mass./Tilton) towered above the crowd as he walked down one of America’s most famous strolling streets. The Kentucky Wildcats exercised their collective recruiting powers as a fanbase. As soon as one person recognized Noel, the chants, cheers and pleads for his signature began. I’m sure he’s in hundreds of pictures and he’ll be in family albums for the next generation of Wildcats fans, should he pick John Calipari’s program.

Most certainly, the Kentucky Wildcats were recruiting Noel this weekend. However, it wasn’t Calipari doing the heavy lifting; it was his assistant coaches – male and female – decked out in blue trying to sway the replacement for Anthony Davis to Lexington.

Syracuse could have enjoyed the same opportunity had it not been for Ohio State. Ironically, the year before, the Buckeyes and Orange watched UK win out for Davis. This time around, Ohio State popped the ‘Cuse in the regional finals, preventing the Orange fan base from joining the UK fans in the streets to serenade Noel. Although, there were two loyal Syracuse supporters who showed up to support Noel at Sunday’s All-American Championship. The two middle-aged men brought with them the Nerlens flat-top headgear that was used at the Carrier Dome during Nerlens’ official visit.:cool:

Also in Syracuse’s favor was the fact that Orange signees DaJuan Coleman (Syracuse, N.Y./Jamesville-DeWitt) and Jerami Grant (Hyattsville, Md./DeMatha) played on Nerlens’ team at the All-American Championship. We’ll see how persuasive those guys really are on April 11 when Nerlens announces on “Recruiting Nation"

I think he already has his mind made up :noidea:

Here is a pic I took on my brothers camera at the game. He was kind enough to forward it so I could post it here ...

P1010070 (640 x 480).jpg

Imagining these three in our frontcourt makes me deliriously happy !

Here is a pic I took on my brothers camera at the game. He was kind enough to forward it so I could post it here ...

View attachment 749
Imagining these three in our frontcourt makes me deliriously happy !
Wow, Grant looks a lot taller than I thought in that picture, unless it's just the angle skewing things.

Agree and that bodes well for us.

Rak and Noel are going to be awesome out there defensively. then Insert DC2 and Noel for offense and look out.

And thats not counting MCW, Triche, Fair and Southerland out there with them. Look out for the Cuse!

You may have already mentioned this, but did NN see/acknowledge you guys in the "high top fades"?

I said the same thing yesterday. No doubt his decision has been made and he is now just waiting to announce. If it wasnt for the big splash ESPN makes on the 11th he would have announced already.

I said the same thing yesterday. No doubt his decision has been made and he is now just waiting to announce. If it wasnt for the big splash ESPN makes on the 11th he would have announced already.

The only big splash I think of with ESPN is when it forces a bathroom sojourn. I get better info on this board, and better humor too. I LOLed at "two middle-aged men"!

OK, the fact that you announced you'd be doing this before you even attended that game makes this awesome.

Wow, Grant looks a lot taller than I thought in that picture, unless it's just the angle skewing things.

When I saw DeMatha play JD this year, I was probably 10 feet away from them and Coleman and Grant looked to be the same height to me when they were talking in the backcourt during a stoppage in play before a free throw.

photo.JPG

looked to me like 6'10', 6'8", 6'8" but Grant's wingspan might be the longest of all 3