GoT Season 8 | Syracusefan.com

GoT Season 8

Alsacs

Living Legend
So there are 2 theories for who the NK actually is?
Either one is he is Bram or the other I heard is the NK is the original Jon Snow of Winterfall. Being the son of Bael the Bard and a Stark girl.
Meaning the NK was a commander of the Night’s Watch like Jon and was betrayed like Jon because he fell in love with a wilding.
The thinking being the origins of House of Stark are from a wilding.
Thus, House Stark is really from a Wilding origin and they rewrote the history books and that is what Bran’s mission has been about.

Season 8 can’t come fast enough but the NK stuff is the most interesting to me.

So there are 2 theories for who the NK actually is?
Either one is he is Bram or the other I heard is the NK is the original Jon Snow of Winterfall. Being the son of Bael the Bard and a Stark girl.
Meaning the NK was a commander of the Night’s Watch like Jon and was betrayed like Jon because he fell in love with a wilding.
The thinking being the origins of House of Stark are from a wilding.
Thus, House Stark is really from a Wilding origin and they rewrote the history books and that is what Bran’s mission has been about.

Season 8 can’t come fast enough but the NK stuff is the most interesting to me.
Problem is the show hasn’t really delved into much of the backstory enough... have a feeling it’ll be either unexplained or a really dumb show explanation

Problem is the show hasn’t really delved into much of the backstory enough... have a feeling it’ll be either unexplained or a really dumb show explanation

With longer episodes and superior writing, they could do it in bite-sized pieces over a few episodes giving viewers a chance to process and put pieces together. I share the concern that it will be muddy, but I have faith in the writers of this show to not let that happen. It will (likely) be central to how the story plays out and the resolution of the series, so it HAS to be done well or risk becoming like Lost (or other multiple series with disappointing, "What" endings).
Can't wait for Season 8!!!

...or a new series at some point down the road delving into the back story.

...or a new series at some point down the road delving into the back story.
I read somewhere a “green light” has been given to a prequel of some sort on hbo
Can’t remember the details

Given Bran can travel through space and time I think it could be both theories and be right. I get the sense that Bran has been all people.

Any predictions for season 8?
I have no idea how the NK will eventually being killed but I think one of Jon Snow or Daenerys will be killed in the battle.
I think Winterfell will fall.
I think Jamie will leave Cersei and will ride to Winterfell and admit to what he did to Bran and help fight there.
He will die in this battle.
I think it is going to end up the Mountain is already dead and is in fact a Whitewalker who can be controlled by the NK. He will be killed by his brother the Hound
I think Cersei will die giving birth to a "dwarf" a la her mother.
I think Bran and Sam will be the MVPs of the battle the NK is defeated in. Bran will die.
Red Woman will be killed trying to sacrafice to Sam Jr. by Sam.
All the dragons will die.
Arya and Sansa will survive.

The new trailer dropped. Pretty awesome stuff.

My only expectation of the coming season is Cersei simply has to die. If she survives I will view the entire series with disdain.
I just don't want Sansa to end up on the Iron Throne. Watching the series completely again she is my most disliked member of the Stark family.

Also. Viserion vs. Drogon & Rhaegal is going to awesome.

I just don't want Sansa to end up on the Iron Throne. Watching the series completely again she is my most disliked member of the Stark family.

Also. Viserion vs. Drogon & Rhaegal is going to awesome.

Agreed on Sansa.

Can’t wait to see Jaime’s trickery regarding the Golden Company (my thoughts are he somehow outbids Euron/cersei for their services) and the crushed look on Cersei’s eyes when Jaime chooses the realm of the living over family and name.

Started the rewatch of S7 tonight. E1 openening scene was epic.

We are almost there, folks. Just around the corner now...

Rewatching the series for the fifth time as I have introduced the series to my family members one at a time and am now up to S6E5 "The Door" and it is amazing how much I get choked up each time I rewatch it (the series). Obviously the shock of the more devastating events is gone, but I tear up in anticipation for both the sad and happy moments and I appreciate the music even more with every viewing. I also enjoy watching others' initial reactions to the major events of the series (Blackwater, Red Wedding, Purple Wedding, Hardhome, The Door, BoB) and all the other death, deception, dialogue, and dragons that come with it. What a wonderful series and I still catch things I missed in prior viewings--although very few at this point.

I've grabbed the set of Ommegang brews to have one to crack for each of the 1st 4 eps. Not really into scotch so haven't grabbed the white walker yet though it'll probably occur anyway.

I hear the first episode has more humor than most, a lot of reunions (mostly good, some...awkward), and one very uncomfortable scene (don't know if it results in a death or not). I don't think these constitute spoilers, per se, or I would have warned you (or just not posted).

I hear the first episode has more humor than most, a lot of reunions (mostly good, some...awkward), and one very uncomfortable scene (don't know if it results in a death or not). I don't think these constitute spoilers, per se, or I would have warned you (or just not posted).
Ive heard the same, and that it’s not a stage setter boring episode like many ep 1’s have been

Ive heard the same, and that it’s not a stage setter boring episode like many ep 1’s have been

With 2 friggin years there better be zero “stage setter” episodes this season.

Not sayin every episode needs to be a monumental Red Wedding but I’ll be pissed if they waste a full hour plus on moving tangential storylines of lesser characters (e.g Sam, Bronn, Gendry, etc.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom