GoT Season 8 | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

GoT Season 8

Imagine if someone kills Dany, but turns out it's not her, just someone wearing her face.

Even though I am not a fan of this season this is beyond stupid.

Remake Star Wars episode VIII before this.

Twist: The REAL villain is Pod

he's secretly been in love with the tart from Tarth for years and now that she;s given her virtue away, he's pissed. he's also secretly been running Littlefinger's brothel network for the past 2 seasons.

after AeJon, Dany and Arya kill each other or whatever in the first 20 mins, the fun really begins...

My thoughta are he was writing notes to the lords of westeros revealing jon’s lineage in the hopes of reassuring them of continuity after Dany died of poisoning. I think the little girl was helping varys attempt to murder dany via poison as she mentioned dany wouldnt eat and the guards were becoming suspicious.

Yeah, you are correct and I had pretty much missed that. This article touches down on that, and harkens back to s1 and the death of Jon Arryn.

Well done.

Unless you pull for totalitarian utopians who don't mind breaking a few eggs or murdering millions.

And for anyone asking What was Bronn doing there, a Lannister always pays his debts.

Capt. Arya should be a show, or at least a movie.

There was some serious modern US political messages in that finale.
Oh well. While the last season for me wasn’t the best quality there is no point complaining as the series was well done and went this way.
The leaks from 3 weeks ago were correct.

Regardless of what anyone thought of season 8 I am sad to see it end. It’s going to be hard for any show to top GoT for me.

GRRM will be dead by the time the books actually get finished by Steven King or a ghost writer.

I fear the same thing, but let's hope not.

We've essentially got:

- Arya becoming a faceless man... only to become an ocean explorer

- Jon becoming the greatest leader in the world... only to join a band of leaderless men

- Bran becoming a three eyed raven... except he never really used the power to impact the story

- the Unsullied threatening what will happen to the kingdom if the rightful heir to the throne is released... but they leave the kingdom for Naath

- We've got all these stories about how power hungry houses are, then a supremely hated man from the most hated house figures everything out in 3 minutes and puts a secondary character on the throne

- And let's not forget we centered a huge portion of the story around Dany building loyal followers only to have no reaction to her death and jump right into some stupid joke about democracy.

It's ridiculously rushed for cool fight scenes.

Also the Unsullied were slitting red coat throats in the streets, but Jon kills their queen and they let him live?

Just don't think about things. The more you think, the less they make sense.

Disappointing. For no other reason than the books to date and the show prior to this season were simply spectacular. For the ending to be so ordinary was really a let down for me.

I fear the same thing, but let's hope not.

We've essentially got:

- Arya becoming a faceless man... only to become an ocean explorer

- Jon becoming the greatest leader in the world... only to join a band of leaderless men

- Bran becoming a three eyed raven... except he never really used the power to impact the story

- the Unsullied threatening what will happen to the kingdom if the rightful heir to the throne is released... but they leave the kingdom for Naath

- We've got all these stories about how power hungry houses are, then a supremely hated man from the most hated house figures everything out in 3 minutes and puts a secondary character on the throne

- And let's not forget we centered a huge portion of the story around Dany building loyal followers only to have no reaction to her death and jump right into some stupid joke about democracy.

It's ridiculously rushed for cool fight scenes.

aVJX6N5.jpg

So how does anyone besides John know that Dany is dead and that he did it? When he left the throne room did he tell the guards who let him in with weapons that BTW Drogon just flew off with her dead body? And if your answer is that the guards were there too, why the hell did they not kill John then?

Why would the other lords not want to be free as well? Why would they agree to that? Why was the first suggestion not to have the 7 Kingdoms be 7 Kingdoms? Instead they allow a Northerner to rule them while letting the North have their own Queen. Once the North is free, Bran becomes a foreigner.

Last edited:
So how does anyone besides John know that Dany is dead and that he did it? When he left the throne room did he tell the guards who let him in with weapons that BTW Drogon just flew off with her dead body? And if your answer is that the guards were there too, why the hell did they not kill John then?

Why would the other lords not want to be free as well? Why would they agree to that? Why was the first suggestion not to have the 7 Kingdoms be 7 Kingdoms?

Why do you want things to make sense when you could have really great war scenes?

Pretty soon you're gonna start asking why Ghost didn't go North of the wall with Jon after the whole "Sorry Ghost, you can't be with me, you're supposed to be in the North" scene.

Why do you want things to make sense when you could have really great war scenes?

Pretty soon you're gonna start asking why Ghost didn't go North of the wall with Jon after the whole "Sorry Ghost, you can't be with me, you're supposed to be in the North" scene.

Huh?

I have two trains of thoughts

They rushed the ending. Could have had at least 8 more episodes, but at a minimum 4 more to flesh things out.

The only reason why people say it sucks is because it's the 'cool thing' to say and because they already knew what was going on the last three to four weeks because of the damn leaks. If the leaks did not occur, there would be a much more positive response to the last episodes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom