Governor Allows Bills to Sell Tickets to Playoff Game | Syracusefan.com

Governor Allows Bills to Sell Tickets to Playoff Game

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
If there is a thread on this, I missed it. Apologize if that is the case.
Highlights: Only 6772 tickets can be sold. Ticket buyers must test negative to be allowed in.

Andrew Cuomo is talking about it as a pilot program. If it works, could there be fan in the stands for some SU home games this season?

Looks Ike they are selling a little over 9% of capacity. Since the dome has almost exactly half the capacity of Buffalo’s stadium, if they use the same approach, I think we are looking at around 3,200 tickets sold. I would guess that is a best case scenario...they might reduce capacity further given that the dome has a roof and presumably less air flow.

Hope it happens. Watching the games on TV is just not the same. Especially when they don’t play the games...

3,200 fans in the dome isn’t going to change my viewing experience. Minimal impact.

bills tickets are sold out for the game next week

basketball season i doubt it with centra ny headed for red zone status

so people have bought the tickets.. no idea if they can get the first test in time.. then have to get a rapid test before entry.. still wondering did they make people say who the tickets are for , how are people proving they have a test?

what's the turnaround time on getting a test done? Do you have to show a negative test within 72 hours of arriving at the gate?

And how does one in NY go about getting a rapid test done? I'm under the impression NY labs and test centers are limiting rapid tests to only those who are showing symptoms?

Last edited:
the state is doing the testing at the game as a test for other things being done like this.. as for the 72 hr test thats not really being explained how people get that done or prove it was.

what's the turnaround time on getting a test done? Do you have to show a negatige test within 72 hours of arriving at the gate?

And how does one in NY go about getting a rapid test done? I'm under the impression NY labs and test centers are limiting rapid tests to only those who are showing symptoms?

All your testing questions are answered in the Bills Ticket link in Tom's OP.

I just don't see how this pilot in an open air stadium translates to an indoor one like the dome. Has anyone addressed that yet? I haven't seen it.

I would assume that will be addressed after what happens after the playoff game. I wonder if SU will charge fans for the testing ($63.00) similar to what Buffalo is doing.

Cuse will not see fans until the fall
Of 2021 at the earliest.
Not sure why you think this.

Cuomo says the Bills playoff game will be a pilot. If it goes well, the plan is to use the same process for other events. I know the SUAD has been in regular communication with the county and state about opening the dome for attendance to athletic events.

A lot can go wrong, a lot depends on COIVD infection rates in the county and on campus but I think there is a real chance there might be some fans for some games this year.

Cuomo says the Bills playoff game will be a pilot. If it goes well, the plan is to use the same process for other events. I know the SUAD has been in regular communication with the county and state about opening the dome for attendance to athletic events.

A lot can go wrong, a lot depends on COIVD infection rates in the county and on campus but I think there is a real chance there might be some fans for some games this year.

I am holding out hope that we can have a few lax games at The Stadium. If not, I bet they opt for C-NS's field if playing indoors is not feasible.

I just don't see how this pilot in an open air stadium translates to an indoor one like the dome. Has anyone addressed that yet? I haven't seen it.
I think the focus for now has just been on getting this one pilot game set up and run.

I believe the governor required malls to have their AC upgrade to use hepa filters before they could open. These are high efficiency particle filters that are capable of reducing the presence of the COVID virus in the air. DestinyUSA did this for instance.

With AC still not completed in the dome, Cuomo might well say opening the dome to crowds is not possible until the pandemic eases or the AC is completed (and the filters used are hepa grade).

Not sure where the AC install stands today. Last I heard, workers were working feverishly to try and get it done ASAP, taking advantage of all of the time available. Thought Pete might have said it might be ready as soon as March?

I would assume if it is possible to get the AC done in the next month or so, and it is a prereq for hosting crowds in the dome, it will be made a huge priority. It would be great to get some men's and women's basketball and lacrosse games this year with crowds in the stands. And some fans in the stands for the spring game.
It will be interesting to see how things develop on this.

so that explains the testing if they are doing it twice at the stadium.

One is outdoors and one is indoors.

what's the turnaround time on getting a test done? Do you have to show a negative test within 72 hours of arriving at the gate?

Not true , my daughter lives in Ossining and not far from Bear Mountain she has been able to get rapid tests. She got one before she came home for holidays.

Not true , my daughter lives in Ossining and not far from Bear Mountain she has been able to get rapid tests. She got one before she came home for holidays.

I think in NY it varies wildly depending on where you get your test done.

My daughter has had 2 rapid tests done, both at her pediatricians office. Easy peasy.

Meanwhile, my wife and I, my partner at work and his boys, and our employee and her family have all had to wait several days for our test results, at various locations in Ulster, Putnam & Westchester
Her husband is FDNY, so he gets tested regularly, and they’re always the rapid ones.

So - there’s not really any rhyme or reason to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom