Grad Transfers 2018 | Syracusefan.com

Grad Transfers 2018

Awesome news. I think top three positions for me if they do this would be:

DB
WR
TE

I would replace DB with DL.
I disagree. We're returning everyone from the D-Line, with the exception of Samuels. Need more young guys to be ready for 2019.

I disagree. We're returning everyone from the D-Line, with the exception of Samuels. Need more young guys to be ready for 2019.

Same thoughts for me. Don't need one-year guy, three four-year players on DL.

Next year we only have 6 interior DL
1 rs Senior 5 juniors. We need 2 minimum this year.

Next year we only have 6 interior DL
1 rs Senior 5 juniors. We need 2 minimum this year.
Yes, 2 or 3 freshmen. What good will a player who can play in 2018 only do when we have depth concerns for 2019?

Yes, 2 or 3 freshmen. What good will a player who can play in 2018 only do when we have depth concerns for 2019?
Ideally, yes. But what if we can't get them or the guys we get need a redshirt year before they're ready?

Ideally, yes. But what if we can't get them or the guys we get need a redshirt year before they're ready?
Then we worry about grad transfers / JUCO players before the 2019 season.

Then we worry about grad transfers / JUCO players before the 2019 season.
I wouldn't think we're gonna take transfers before the February signing period. I'm sure we're going to try to get 4 year guys. If we don't, grad transfers give us depth while leaving spots available for class of '19 guys and a couple quality JUCO guys would help us through '19 while whatever young guys we get this year and next mature.

I wouldn't think we're gonna take transfers before the February signing period. I'm sure we're going to try to get 4 year guys. If we don't, grad transfers give us depth while leaving spots available for class of '19 guys and a couple quality JUCO guys would help us through '19 while whatever young guys we get this year and next mature.
Of the 12 defensive linemen on the roster, 7 are upperclassmen. This doesn't include Ryan Guthrie, who I still have listed as a LB. The depth on the line for this season and next is fine. It's after that that gets hairy.

Of the 12 defensive linemen on the roster, 7 are upperclassmen. This doesn't include Ryan Guthrie, who I still have listed as a LB. The depth on the line for this season and next is fine. It's after that that gets hairy.
We have numbers. Do we have quality?

Ok. I thought it pertained to the discussion of the need for transfers. Does it not?
Depth and needs yes. But quality of depth becomes more of a subjective discussion based on fans opinions not necessarily the true quality/ability of players.

Personally I'd love to see us grab a safety and maybe someone who can push to start at Right Tackle.

Be advised that most guys I know of on the market right now are role players who either never locked down a starting job or lost it. It was awesome with AET, but it's as much of a crap shoot as anything else.

Absolutely true. Gotta trust the staff. Butler and Valdez were meh but I liked Martin when healthy and obviously AET.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom