Grade Brent Axe for the radio | Syracusefan.com

Grade Brent Axe for the radio

20plus

2nd String
I think he has a decent voice and radio experience. However, the content, pace and overall feel of his show (over the last several years for me) is really something I can’t stand anymore! What about you?

My grade for him is a C -.

I truly miss Chris McManus and STEVE Neikham I gave them an A-

A lot of repeat words and subjects over the course of a week. I hate Springsteen. I hate “hijinks and tomfoolery”. But there is good too.
I’d say B-

I listen to him every day. I'v meant him just once , but it seemed like I've known for a long time .Great guy

I think he’s good. He’s also, to me, embraced using Twitter and new media pretty well for a local media person.

I’ve been following him since I attended Cuse (‘02, G ‘04). He once took a segment on his radio show to go through a way too long email I wrote regarding the football program. Pretty sure I skipped a class when I heard him teeing it up for after the break.

I don’t follow a tremendous amount of Syracuse media people, but he’s definitely one of them.

His voice is horrible but I think he does good interviews.
Overall B
I’ve got Arnie Spanier up here. He lives here and does local in addition to his national show. You want to hear a bad voice...

Hes also the hot take king. And he’s terrible at basketball.

I think Brent gets a lot of heat locally because in their opinion he doesn’t criticize the fans whipping boys and he’s too soft on JB.

He seems a bit inconsistent with his opinions. Granted being out of market I don;t get a chance to listen to him often. And sometimes tries to hard to be critical of SU without digging for all of the information but I'd give him a B-.

Got spoiled by Adam Schein.

We don’t have enough radio in my opinion, or podcasts I feel like I’m always searching for more quality content

I hated him for a long time because of how unprofessional and over the top his was as a struggling radio guy whose sole mission was to get Coach P fired.

He talks way too much about the Bills and the Red Sox. Should stick to topics his audience cares about. His personal issues are itrelevant.

I also can never respect someone who is supposed to be covering Syracuse sports and knows nothing about recruiting.

That said, i don’t listen to local radio much and maybe he has improved. He is a nice guy in person. Probably would have been a great plumber.

I hated him for a long time because of how unprofessional and over the top his was as a struggling radio guy whose sole mission was to get Coach P fired.

He talks way too much about the Bills and the Red Sox. Should stick to topics his audience cares about. His personal issues are itrelevant.

I also can never respect someone who is supposed to be covering Syracuse sports and knows nothing about recruiting.

That said, i don’t listen to local radio much and maybe he has improved. He is a nice guy in person. Probably would have been a great plumber.

I started listening to the daytime shows when i retired in 2009 so i don't know what B rent was like in the Coach P Era. he seems very well balanced on everything these days. When he has a "hot take", it's generally a good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom