Grading the Orange: Kris Joseph | Syracusefan.com

Grading the Orange: Kris Joseph

I wish I could celebrate Kris' great regular season career more..but, to me he is just Ryan Blackwell redux. A guy I expected a lot more from, which may have been unfair. Not everyone is wired to be a go-to guy. The world needs 2nd fiddles too.

One of those kids I hate to bag on, but he didn't show up when it mattered for us. If I had to give him a grade it would be a C+. Basically he is what he is, not what many expected him to be.

I honestly think without him, we lose to UNCA in the first round. He was the guy that got the rest of the team to start attacking in the first two games of the tournament. His jumpshot wasn't falling, but he was one of the keys to us reaching the Sweet 16 in my opinion.

I think his knees are semi shot, kid played very well all year until the tailend

I think the problem w Kris's career was that during his first two years it looked like he had pretty close to elite athleticism. After he got hurt as a junior his physicality never seemed to have returned, so consequently the bona fide stardom many thought he would achieve as an upper classman never happened.

That was really a shame - Kris is a great kid and a real credit to the program. WO the injury he probably could have been a mid-first round pick & who knows, maybe have even gotten us to the FF even wo the unfabulous one.

I think the problem w Kris's career was that during his first two years it looked like he had pretty close to elite athleticism. After he got hurt as a junior his physicality never seemed to have returned, so consequently the bona fide stardom many thought he would achieve as an upper classman never happened.

That was really a shame - Kris is a great kid and a real credit to the program. WO the injury he probably could have been a mid-first round pick & who knows, maybe have even gotten us to the FF even wo the unfabulous one.

I think the injury definitely effected his aggressiveness, if not his athleticism. He never went back to the rim with the same reckless abandon after that.

after his breakout game against Gtown, I give him an F, but he was a solid B before that