Grant gone according to inside source. | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Grant gone according to inside source.

He gone.
While I'm sad that this statement has had reason to become popular, I'm happy to see it's picking up some traction. It really sums up everything in two words that don't even make a grammatically correct sentence.

SoBeCuse said:
Oh man to be a fly on the wall in the room of the conversation between Grant's pops and Boeheim.
I wonder if what happened to Jerian plays into this at all. Also isn't there a younger bro that's really good?

OttoinGrotto said:
While I'm sad that this statement has had reason to become popular, I'm happy to see it's picking up some traction. It really sums up everything in two words that don't even make a grammatically correct sentence.
I love it's conciseity.

I wonder if what happened to Jerian plays into this at all. Also isn't there a younger bro that's really good?

Yeah, I didn't think about those things. I was thinking more of the Grant's injury handling and maybe some other two cents from his pops about how the season went down. It's not like the guy doesn't know basketball.

Maybe he wants to beat his brother in to the Association? Maybe Ennis does too?

Grant's older brother isn't the NBA prospect Jerami is because of his athleticism. If you combined the 2 Grant brothers skills you would have the perfect NBA prospect. Jerami is 6'6" with elite defensive skills, and elite athleticism. Jerian can dribble and shoot the ball, but isn't the athlete that Jerami is.

Jerami will be picked in the high teens of the first round I believe.

http://www.und.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/122213aad.html

Jerian is returning to ND to get his degree because "my parents have always stressed the importance of a great education..."

So, Mr and Mrs Grant want Jerian to get a degree, and at the same time they want Jerami to bolt.

Grant's older brother isn't the NBA prospect Jerami is because of his athleticism. If you combined the 2 Grant brothers skills you would have the perfect NBA prospect. Jerami is 6'6" with elite defensive skills, and elite athleticism. Jerian can dribble and shoot the ball, but isn't the athlete that Jerami is.

Jerami will be picked in the high teens of the first round I believe.

Jerami is 6'6" if you amputate from the knee down.

SoBeCuse said:
Yeah, I didn't think about those things. I was thinking more of the Grant's injury handling and maybe some other two cents from his pops about how the season went down. It's not like the guy doesn't know basketball.
I don't really buy the injury angle thing being espoused on here. We have one of the best SC groups in the country.

OrangeXtreme said:
http://www.und.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/122213aad.html Jerian is returning to ND to get his degree because "my parents have always stressed the importance of a great education..." So, Mr and Mrs Grant want Jerian to get a degree, and at the same time they want Jerami to bolt.
The problem jerami has is that of he doesn't improve next year he's exposed. Does he take the bird in the hand?

Maybe he wants to beat his brother in to the Association? Maybe Ennis does too?

Tyler doesn't have to worry about that, his brother has a long way to go to catch up to him.

The problem jerami has is that of he doesn't improve next year he's exposed. Does he take the bird in the hand?

If he leaves now, he's a late 1st round pick.

If he comes back for one more season, his college stats will improve (because he'll be the go-to guy), and I don't think he'll be any worse than a late 1st round pick ... with the opportunity to move up if his play improves in 2015.

Unless he's worried about getting reinjured before he gets paid, I think he's better off staying.

OrangeXtreme said:
If he leaves now, he's a late 1st round pick. If he comes back for one more season, his college stats will improve (because he'll be the go-to guy), and I don't think he'll be any worse than a late 1st round pick ... with the opportunity to move up if his play improves in 2015. Unless he's worried about getting reinjured before he gets paid, I think he's better off staying.
Maybe true. Or maybe his jumper gets worse. I mean I think arguably cj got exposed a bit as the main man. Maybe grants fear that. All Harvey has to do is convince 1 team.

Maybe true. Or maybe his jumper gets worse. I mean I think arguably cj got exposed a bit as the main man. Maybe grants fear that. All Harvey has to do is convince 1 team.
Fair didn't get "exposed." He is the player everyone thought he was. Not like scouts thought he was someone he wasn't going into his senior season and proved that he wasn't that player.

Fair didn't get "exposed." He is the player everyone thought he was. Not like scouts thought he was someone he wasn't going into his senior season and proved that he wasn't that player.

Exactly, an amazing role player but not your go-to, run your offense through him type of player.

Exactly, an amazing role player but not your go-to, run your offense through him type of player.
Yeah. Too bad you weren't allowed to insist that was the case before the season.

orangenirvana said:
i disagree. He made a substantial leap soph to junior year and I think lots of people expected him to assume the lead role

Fair isn't the athlete that Grant is.

Briancuse said:
Fair isn't the athlete that Grant is.
Yes obviously. But grant doesnt have the skillset of CJ either. He may have underperformed in the lead role but cj has skill. Grant is just athletic at this point. I "think" he could fix his jumper. But he has virtually nothing that translates in the league. Look how hard it is for Wes Johnson..,

Yes obviously. But grant doesnt have the skillset of CJ either. He may have underperformed in the lead role but cj has skill. Grant is just athletic at this point. I "think" he could fix his jumper. But he has virtually nothing that translates in the league. Look how hard it is for Wes Johnson..,

Fair is two years older than Grant.

As far as getting an education. They can still do that if they go to the NBA. Just not in the order we all did it in!! Plus Jerian has to go back and prove some maturity given his situation, and also he fell off the charts by not playing. So the "education" is just an excuse.

So Gilardino is Spears source?

Eight pages in this thread yet the alleged tweet originating it has yet to be posted. Is gilardino hibernating, or perhaps on vacation? Maybe we all misread, and his source is a guy named Harold Twitter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom