Grant on History channel | Syracusefan.com

Grant on History channel

upperdeck

Living Legend
I wouldn't say its Band of Brothers film quality, but there have been a bunch of things thru the first 2 episodes that I never knew about him that have been interesting.. And I always like the history discussions on how battles went down and how often things flip on mistakes more than good planning.

He had an interesting life

Haven't been able to watch it yet but am looking forward to it. DiCaprio did a really good job with The Frontiersmen last year also.

yeah it was low budget which was fine. But I know alot of civil war stuff but it did a good job showing tactics and mistakes and I have never read books on Grant so some new stuff to me was nice. The post war stuff was new to me since no one ever talks much about his Presidential yrs.

Chernow's book is excellent and sadly the mini-series just didn't have time to fit it all in. His Presidency and post oval office life ending at his days at a cabin near Toga is a movie in itself. Well worth the tour if ever in that area - place has been preserved right down to the flowers (think there was an ad in the series for it).

Very interesting documentary. Just an fwiw my great great grandfather was at appatamatox courthouse for the surrender.

Very interesting documentary. Just an fwiw my great great grandfather was at appatamatox courthouse for the surrender.
Just imagine Grant and Lee seeing each other for the first time since the Mexican war. Very dramatic moment, would love to have witnessed it but I’ll take the 21st century instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom