Grantland-Bow Down to Your New ACC Powerhouse: Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Grantland-Bow Down to Your New ACC Powerhouse: Syracuse

Of course there's this line in the article: "But it’s worth mentioning that only three of the team’s 17 wins have come on opponents’ courts."

How many of the top 25 teams in the country have won 4 or more true road games? I'm guessing it's not that many. But obviously, the "SU never goes on the road" argument is made.

I sure do hate that article. Its like someone peeing in Mr. It's cheerios and syracuse is falsely accused.

I pity the foo

Of course there's this line in the article: "But it’s worth mentioning that only three of the team’s 17 wins have come on opponents’ courts."

How many of the top 25 teams in the country have won 4 or more true road games? I'm guessing it's not that many. But obviously, the "SU never goes on the road" argument is made.
Kansas 2-2
Wisky 3-1
Nova 4-1
Arizona 4-0
Florida 2-2
Sparty 4-0
Kentucky 1-3

Clearly out 3 wins puts us far below the most road tested teams -who have won 4.:bat:

Kansas 2-2
Wisky 3-1
Nova 4-1
Arizona 4-0
Florida 2-2
Sparty 4-0
Kentucky 1-3

Clearly out 3 wins puts us far below the most road tested teams -who have won 4.:bat:

Thank you for looking that up. I had no facts to back it up, but I was pretty sure 3 true road wins would be pretty comparable to the other top teams.

if he was smart, he would have pointed out that 1 of those road games was at MSG, so it's really only two . . . or, given the volume of the LGO chants at Conte Forum, maybe it's just one ;)

We should just put every sportswriter on notice: Syracuse does not play road games, because the Otto-man Empire has conquered the entire Northeast.

Last edited:
We need to win Saturday before we can make this claim.

Otherwise--and unbelievable as it might seem--we'd be in 2nd place in the conference standings.

We need to win Saturday before we can make this claim.

Otherwise--and unbelievable as it might seem--we'd be in 2nd place in the conference standings.
That's the problem. We didn't stake this claim some idiot did. I hate offering other ACC teams fodder.

if he was smart, he would have pointed out that 1 of those road games was at MSG, so it's really only two . . . or, given the volume of the LGO chants at Conte Forum, maybe it's just one ;)

We should just put every sportswriter on notice: Syracuse does not play road games, because the Otto-man Empire has conquered the entire Northeast.
Shhhh.
SU will think there's a T-shirt in order.
Something like: "Syracuse...where every game is a home game."

Someone else sees the TE/Andre Miller comparison. Who was it here who jumped on that one first?

Ennis is a bit like Andre Miller: persistent at getting to the cup, a tough rebounder for only standing 6-foot-2, the bearer of stoic poise.

EDIT - a quick search shows it was STEVEHOLT and SoBeCuse making that comparison, with the edge to SoBe for the earliest call.

a double-digit, foe-disemboweling scoring jag

:eek:

that's quite some fancy wordin' there, mr. detrick

Ugh.

This kid's like the PG-13 version of Bud Poliquin. Not a fan of that writing.

Also, Winston Wolf could give him some good advice about toning down the self-congratulation.

I like the comment section that points out cuse's games away from the dome.

"That's 6 thus far shooter"

Glad the writer corrected it

"The center is anchored by Rakeem Christmas and Baye Moussa Keita, a 13.5-foot platoon of sentinels who are each responsible for roughly eight boards, two blocks, five fouls, and a couple of passes clanging off their cement-block hands per 40 minutes on the hardwood."

This had me dying

This line is epic!

"Cooney is very streaky, as evidenced by his 4-for-17 performance against the Tar Heels, but is inevitably involved when Cuse rips off a double-digit, foe-disemboweling scoring jag."

A**man should read this guy's stuff. He might be able to up his own game afterward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom