Great Expectations... | Syracusefan.com

Great Expectations...

roll eyes robert downey jr.gif

We kept it a game into the second half my expecations were met. I also expected Clemsons D to win the battle with our OL.

I thought Devito was good considering how bad the line was. UNTIL THAT PICK. Hes not the reason we lost either Clemson or MD at all I'm sure they would have pulled it out eventually last night but the blowouts are on him. The team had fought hard to be in the game and got their biggest break of the night when he threw that. We were toast emotionally after that garbage ass play that hes done before. And against MD when the games over and the other D is easing up you gotta put in some easy points and get a respectable score. 2 blowouts is a bad look.

The bottom line is that we need to recruit better players that don’t take three years to play.

Hardest part of the schedule is behind us. Nobody expected the a$$ beating from MD but we hung with Clemson a majority of the game. IF, they can get some traction this weekend there is no reason this season can't be successful.

Oline will likely be a challenge all season. This will be good learning experience for TD in the long run. To my eye it looks like he has the accuracy, when given time. He can't be blamed for quite of few of the drops or bonehead penalties. He's played mop up duty for 2 years, outside of some silly throws he's looking better each game; I think this is particularly true when you consider the challenges he has with the Oline. Could he be a more vocal leader? Maybe, but he's not going to be Dungey.0. Hopefully, he's learning to lead in his way and improve his play execution in the process.

Does this mean games like FSU, NCST, Duke, Pitt all just got a bit more difficult? Probably, but this team can put together success. Next three games are very very winnable. LGO!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom