great having a crowd again | Syracusefan.com

great having a crowd again

upperdeck

Living Legend
sad so few were actually there for the game. around me it was all drinking/selfies/changing seats 20 times and standing up to talk but never really watching any of the game. and I am all for going to get food, but dont be leaving during big moments of the game. we get more then enough timeouts during a game to leave and not distract from the game

baby steps

sad so few were actually there for the game. around me it was all drinking/selfies/changing seats 20 times and standing up to talk but never really watching any of the game. and I am all for going to get food, but dont be leaving during big moments of the game. we get more then enough timeouts during a game to leave and not distract from the game

baby steps
yup - baby steps

You will NEVER get 40,000+ of die hard fans who are "there for the game"

You want it to be a fun party atmosphere so the "selfie types" are there for the overpriced booze and to put their selfies up on social media. It is what it is, the days of "die hard football fans" filling a stadium are over.

I have been on this message board for years saying and pounding the table that to bring in fans and fill the place up you need to make it an "event" that is more than a game. Make it a "party" before and during the game...last night that is what SU did for the most part. Gave away cheap tickets, brought in the non-football fan who was there to party, dance to baby shark, and oh yeah a football game broke out. Like for basketball every game I go to early in the year the first thing you hear is, "we getting taco's tonight" as they could care less what happens some people just hope SU hits 70 or whatever it is now to get a free taco. Some people just wanna have fun and get something free that's why they go.

Moving forward SU must do that EVERY Game, especially when the weather is good. They might as well do the 50% off food not just up till kickoff but for the entire FIRST HALF! You will get people going to the game to just eat cheap...lol. Give away the nosebleed seats for $20 for every game. You will fill the place even when we play Holy Cross

baby steps

For those who were at both, what atmosphere was better: NC State or Louisville?

I love attendance threads.

Half the fans in this forum spend the game counting people in the crowd. The other half spend the game evaluating fan behavior.

I feel like I’m in school, and I half expect to get a report card (and yes, there are points for attendance!).

Last edited:
its liking going to a movie and people talking any not watching the movie.

you can party and have a good time, drink all you want, go crazy, but still its a game first. if its a party first then watch it in a bar.

you can party and have a good time, drink all you want, go crazy, but still its a game first. if its a party first then watch it in a bar.
Don’t say that. The school just spent a week bending over backwards to literally keep these same people from watching the game in a bar.

Last edited:
Let's just be happy that the fans showed up. Getting them there is the most important thing. I don't care if they're into the game or not, it looks 100% better on TV when that Dome is jammed full. On TV a few times, you could really hear the crowd getting into it. You have a closer game and it's deafening.

Rejoice that we have people willing to pile into the Dome on a rainy, freezing cold November night. Add in the traffic conundrums and it makes it even more powerful.

Real close. The NCSt game had more long passes which gets a crowd up but yesterdays game had more students which make a lot of noise. If push came to shove, I’d say NCSt because yesterday there was an air of confidence we’d win. NCSt we weren’t convinced who we were yet and were nervous.

No it's not like a movie. It would only be like a movie if that movie was 4.5 hours long, half the attendees showed up soused, and every couple of seconds the projector broke down and we had to wait for the guy to get it running again. You can't expect the level of attention that you get at a theater in a stadium. I haven't been to a game of any kind in any stadium where everyone was glued to the action from beginning to end. Maybe (and I stress maybe) it happens in European club soccer where there are limited stoppages in play and the game is over in 2 hours but you can't expect that with football.

If it isn’t one thing it’s another.

We can’t get fans to the game.

Now we can’t get them to focus solely on the game.
Next it will be either leaving early or fan uniforms (for the record, I’m a fan of the classic fan uniform: orange shirts + jeans).

If it isn’t one thing it’s another.

We can’t get fans to the game.

Now we can’t get them to focus solely on the game.
This^^
1541874080144.jpeg

i get they dont want to pay attention.. but this was from 30 secs in until the end.. and i dont care if the dont want to watch the game.. but screwing the game up 20 times to do stupid things and making other fans move around just to watch is not worth having them there.

i mean the 3rd or 4th time you get beer dumped on you by people it kind sucks.

so i guess society is about not being polite just because they dont have to.

not paying attention and being rude are completely different actions.

i have a hard enough time getting the wife to attend without having to move her around 10 seats away multiple times so she could even see the game

how about people just sitting in their own section on occasion , by games end i bet 20 different people sat in the 3-4 seats in front of me.

Easily Louisville.

I will say there was a lot of movement last night of fans but many seemed really into it. Game was fun.

i get they dont want to pay attention.. but this was from 30 secs in until the end.. and i dont care if the dont want to watch the game.. but screwing the game up 20 times to do stupid things and making other fans move around just to watch is not worth having them there.

i mean the 3rd or 4th time you get beer dumped on you by people it kind sucks.

so i guess society is about not being polite just because they dont have to.

not paying attention and being rude are completely different actions.

i have a hard enough time getting the wife to attend without having to move her around 10 seats away multiple times so she could even see the game

how about people just sitting in their own section on occasion , by games end i bet 20 different people sat in the 3-4 seats in front of me.

You must sit in a weird section. I’m in 302 and nobody around us that I can see was doing anything except cheering and being into the game like they do all games.

I understand what Upperdeck is saying and agree with him it is annoying. However, give me nearly 43K in the Dome any day. I just hope a significant portion of the casuals that came will actually commit to coming to more games next year or even buy season tickets.

You must sit in a weird section. I’m in 302 and nobody around us that I can see was doing anything except cheering and being into the game like they do all games.
311 was the same, everyone is into the game and cheering the whole time. No seat movement or any of those shenanigans.

baby steps
Never understood going to a game and not paying attention to the game. It's nothing new though. When I had season tickets in the early 2000's I'd see the same things, minus the smart phone stuff.

It's no different at other events either. I went to a concert a few years ago and a group of ladies in their late 30's early 40's were too busy taking selfies and posting to social media to pay attention to the concert. In our current culture it's more important to show people you are at an event than it is to enjoy it.

You are always going to have X amount of diehards, Y who waited for them to win/be exciting and Z who are there because it's fun or the like. When the Dome has XYZ is when Coach is happy and like it or not...and yes it can be annoying with some...some of those that annoy you and me of the Y and Z will hopefully become the X needed to help shape this program into what we all want it to be.

You are always going to have X amount of diehards, Y who waited for them to win/be exciting and Z who are there because it's fun or the like. When the Dome has XYZ is when Coach is happy and like it or not...and yes it can be annoying with some...some of those that annoy you and me of the Y and Z will hopefully become the X needed to help shape this program into what we all want it to be.

Nice use of algebra.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom