Great scrimmage writeup from Rahme | Syracusefan.com

Great scrimmage writeup from Rahme

Reading that article about Broyld having to learn so many things to play the multiple positions they are trying him out in, I'm wondering if we aren't expecting too much in his freshmen year. The fact that he wants to play quarterback and can't get a shot at that until next year makes me wonder how well he'll learn what he needs to about positions he won't, (in his mind, anway) wind up playing after this year.

Reading that article about Broyld having to learn so many things to play the multiple positions they are trying him out in, I'm wondering if we aren't expecting too much in his freshmen year. The fact that he wants to play quarterback and can't get a shot at that until next year makes me wonder how well he'll learn what he needs to about positions he won't, (in his mind, anway) wind up playing after this year.

Well Brotld has said it is great fun and he loves it. So if he is enthusiastic about it, why would you expect him to not give everything?

Well Brotld has said it is great fun and he loves it. So if he is enthusiastic about it, why would you expect him to not give everything?

Because he's a quarterback.

Because he's a quarterback.

Maybe it will be good for him, learn everything about the offense. Let's see how it works out with NW. Their starting QB has lined up everywhere in the past because he's their best athlete. He ended up playing more QB last year because of Persa's Injury but that wasn't their plan. Broyld said in one of the articles that the coaches told him again he'll be back at QB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maybe it will be good for him, learn everything about the offense. Let's see how it works out with NW. Their starting QB has lined up everywhere in the past because he's their best athlete. He ended up playing more QB last year because of Persa's Injury but that wasn't their plan. Broyld said in one of the articles that the coaches told him again he'll be back at QB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If they told him he will be back at QB and he is learning any position but QB this year, than I have zero faith in the staff.

Keep it in context. Broyld isn't learning everything at multiple positions. He is learning a few plays/packages at QB, RB, WR and the "wildcat". They are giving him what he can handle and it is far less than if he was a full time QB. He will not be "the QB" this year (nor is he ready or capable to be) but they want to get him on the field and get him the ball in ways he can handle and be a weapon and productive.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2