Greensboro ... Day Two | Syracusefan.com

Greensboro ... Day Two

cto

Administrator
Let us just say that my first ACC tourney foray was not a good experience.

On the flight to Greensboro, the baby regional jet overshot the runway on the approach and had to suddenly take off again while in the process of landing. It has happened to me before so I didn't panic, but most of the other passengers (including the flight attendants and Matt Palumb) did. And the pilot never offered an apology or an explanation. Perhaps this should have been a harbinger of what was to come.

You all saw the game. The reffing was bad, but we cannot blame that for the loss. Our offense was horrid...exemplified by six failed put-backs on the final possession. Nothing to blame for that but ourselves.

Trevor came back in after his ankle mishap, but the coach I spoke with predicted it will be seriously sore tomorrow and a few successive days

Duke got some outrageous calls at end of their game. Consensus by some who I never thought would say it was that they really are held to a different standard

SU had a surprisingly large and enthusiastic turnout. Too.bad the team did not match the fans' intensity.

Just spent an hour changing my flight home from Monday to tomorrow. I am on an 8 am flight. I cannot get out of here quickly enough, even though it means just three hours of sleep.

Onto buffalo (yes, I still think we will be podded there). And, yes, I still think we can turn this around.

Last edited:
Does the reffing ever suck when we win or do we not care. And yes, since Coach K stood up to Dean Smith during one of their games, long time ACC fans would agree that the calls do seem to favor Duke down the stretch, but again, this would come from the losers. Even Duke fans bitched about the call on Keita's block at the Dome, but again, they lost

Best that you were able to get out of Dodge as quick as possible. Traditionally JAB has been pretty ambivalent about these conf tourneys so hopefully Cooney is ok and everyone else rests up for hopefully six more wins. Crazy thing with the way the landscape is anything is possible.

Thanks Joyce. I avoid coming to this board after a bad loss...but seeing your post of reason helps me. Hopefully your right and they can turn it around. I'd hate for the guys to end up the season on bad games...for us fans...and definitely for the team!

Two successive "highly questionable" calls against Clemson at the very end. You just knew it would happen. If that Clemson kid was wearing a Duke jersey on that last play he would have been awarded 2 free throws. SU has had one decent shooting game in the last 6 weeks...this what the team is. It's not going to change.

Does the reffing ever suck when we win or do we not care. And yes, since Coach K stood up to Dean Smith during one of their games, long time ACC fans would agree that the calls do seem to favor Duke down the stretch, but again, this would come from the losers. Even Duke fans bitched about the call on Keita's block at the Dome, but again, they lost

Sometimes, and it sucks in a lot of games that don't involve SU as well. I get sick of seeing 2 halves being called differently or how much time remaining in the half dictates a foul call. If it's a foul 2 mins into the half, it's a foul with 20 seconds left in the half, same goes for if it's not.

Good to see you. Will hit the Cuse event today and have my mark set on reselling my tickets.

We had a great turnout, but our guys gave them nothing to cheer for.

This tournament is too big for Greensboro, and too big for their stupid parking setup.

On the flight to Greensboro, the baby regional jet overshot the runway on the approach and had to suddenly take off again while in the process of landing. It has happened to me before so I didn't panic, but most of the other passengers (including the flight attendants and Matt Palumb) did. And the pilot never offered an apology or an explanation. Perhaps this should have been a harbinger of what was to come.

You all saw the game. The reffing was bad, but we cannot blame that for the loss. Our offense was horrid...exemplified by six failed put-backs on the final possession. Nothing to blame for that but ourselves.

Trevor came back in after his ankle mishap, but the coach I spoke with predicted it will be seriously sore tomorrow and a few successive days

Duke got some outrageous calls at end of their game. Consensus by some who I never thought would say it was that they really are held to a different standard

SU had a surprisingly large and enthusiastic turnout. Too.bad the team did not match the fans' intensity.

Just spent an hour changing my flight home from Monday to tomorrow. I am on an 8 am flight. I cannot get out of here quickly enough, even though it means just three hours of sleep.

Onto buffalo (yes, I still think we will be podded there). And, yes, I still think we can turn this around.

For once I was glad I had a job that prohibited me from traveling to the conference tourney...hard to watch on TV let alone in person. I still have a bottle of wine waiting for Buffalo, see you there.

For once I was glad I had a job that prohibited me from traveling to the conference tourney...hard to watch on TV let alone in person. I still have a bottle of wine waiting for Buffalo, see you there.

I have a plane reservation to arrive there on Wednesday. All we need is confirmation that the team will be there!

Good to see you. Will hit the Cuse event today and have my mark set on reselling my tickets.

We had a great turnout, but our guys gave them nothing to cheer for.

This tournament is too big for Greensboro, and too big for their stupid parking setup.

I went the last three days and think the huge parking area at the Coliseum complex is fantastic. I got there 45 before tipoff today and only had a short walk to the arena. You must have arrived late and ended up in one of the parking lots outside arena area.

In my opinion, the parking setup is far superior to SU, DC or New York City.

Reactions: cto
cto said:

Not many here mentioned the refs but it was clearly slated in favor of NC State.

Not many here mentioned the refs but it was clearly slated in favor of NC State.

How do you figure that? They got called for three more fouls than we did and we went to the line 8 more times. JB called the charges at the end "bad plays", not bad calls. Stats can be misleading sometimes, especially with fouls but I don't think there were in this game.

I went the last three days and think the huge parking area at the Coliseum complex is fantastic. I got there 45 before tipoff today and only had a short walk to the arena. You must have arrived late and ended up in one of the parking lots outside arena area.

In my opinion, the parking setup is far superior to SU, DC or New York City.

Yesterday I got there during the UNC game. Parking was horrific. Today got there early and it was a piece of cake.

Yesterday I got there during the UNC game. Parking was horrific. Today got there early and it was a piece of cake.

The parking situation at Greensboro is really great. Other than the Cuse loss, I have a lot of positives feelings about the Coliseum and the ACC fans I met this weekend. And you can't beat being able to drink beer right outside the arena in warm weather.

The parking situation at Greensboro is really great. Other than the Cuse loss, I have a lot of positives feelings about the Coliseum and the ACC fans I met this weekend. And you can't beat being able to drink beer right outside the arena in warm weather.
I take it you didn't meet many UNC OR NC State fans. I agree the rest of the Acc fans were just fine. The 2 I mentioned should not be allowed in a basketball arena.

SWC75 said:
How do you figure that? They got called for three more fouls than we did and we went to the line 8 more times. JB called the charges at the end "bad plays", not bad calls. Stats can be misleading sometimes, especially with fouls but I don't think there were in this game.

A lot of phantom calls on our bigs IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom