Guerrier a first round pick 2020? | Syracusefan.com

Guerrier a first round pick 2020?

That’s the same thing I said about Donte Greene.

True. With that said, Guerrier is not the showboat dynasty sign Gunner that Donte was. Other than having an NBA body, Quincy is a solid at everything vs great at one thing player. If he raises his game he does more than just score like Donte did and thus likely helps make.the entire team better and win more games overall.

I hate this stuff, from the media. Let the kid play a game first.

Paul Harris was “one and done” and the “next Carmelo” before he even played a game.
the media is part of the entertainment business that is college basketball. it doesn't hurt anyone for them to speculate. most early predictions are not accurate, but who really cares? I can't imagine it is anything but positive for QG to get some early buzz about his potential.

So I guess it would be better then if he is just so so?

counting hampton & lamelo, goodman has 19 freshman in the first round.

that means, if he was ranking them as recruits, he likely would have quincy as one of his top 20 freshmen, therefore a 5 star in this class. for those of you who care about such things

and also one of the 5 best freshman in the acc. which will prove to be correct, i think.

quincy is in a great spot to stand out. he will be no better than the 3rd option on offense; everything will go first through eli & then buddy. defenses will key on them. that should give quincy the opportunity to put up both strong counting stats and quality efficiency numbers. and on defense, the zone gives guys like him the chance to shine as help side shot blockers and to accumulate steals. i remember when wes johnson was drafted, some analysts pointed to his average of 3.5 blocks+steals per game as a great indicator of his defensive prowess. i'm not predicting quincy will meet that lofty number, but he's in a good position to come close

I hate this stuff, from the media. Let the kid play a game first.
I agree.

Having said that, at this point in time he is probably our best opportunity to make it to the NBA which could be the reason for this report (unless some super heroics show up from the rest of the kids). Not being critical of this particular reporter, but I think some of them have more time on their hands than I do.

True. With that said, Guerrier is not the showboat dynasty sign Gunner that Donte was. Other than having an NBA body, Quincy is a solid at everything vs great at one thing player. If he raises his game he does more than just score like Donte did and thus likely helps make.the entire team better and win more games overall.
That characterization of Donate has always been off. Our 3 point shooting was decimated by injury. He needed to shoot, and he was our only deep threat.
If everyone was healthy, he would have settled into a more traditional role for a freshman.

That characterization of Donate has always been off. Our 3 point shooting was decimated by injury. He needed to shoot, and he was our only deep threat.
If everyone was healthy, he would have settled into a more traditional role for a freshman.
Did you not see him chuck for Boeheim's Army?

Quincy is a solid at everything vs great at one thing player.

come on ...a guy who has never played a game in college is “solid at everything ?”

Can we see him play a few real games first ?

come on ...a guy who has never played a game in college is “solid at everything ?”

Can we see him play a few real games first ?

Seriously? I didn't say anything about in an SU uniform. The thread was about projection based on current knowledge so what is wrong with following that? Sheesh...

"The athletic wing definitely helped himself in Toronto as one of the more intriguing long-term prospects in attendance. "

What happened in Toronto?

This makes me want to bang my head against the wall. Hes not a top 10/20 recruit. Thats how many freshmen get drafted every year the rest go unpicked. He hasn't dribbled a ball. I hate this garbage so much.

the media is part of the entertainment business that is college basketball. it doesn't hurt anyone for them to speculate. most early predictions are not accurate, but who really cares? I can't imagine it is anything but positive for QG to get some early buzz about his potential.
Seeing as we're not getting any preseason accolades or hype, I'll take any kind of positive buzz at this stage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom