Guerrier has gone from All-ACC to D3 player | Syracusefan.com

Guerrier has gone from All-ACC to D3 player

He doesn’t go hero to zero overnight. He’ll be ok

Or, he isn't really that good. He has good games, he has bad games. That is who he is. It isn't about checking out. He has shown he has trouble against bigger players down low. I really hope he comes back. I think putting him with Benny would be real good for both.

What I'm tried with is everbody blaming everything on Buddy. He is not the center of all the woes. Plus if that was close to being true it is still on Guerrier to man up! Sulking NEVER helps anyone.
1000x true. But he is the whipping boy for the board along with Joe. The problem is everywhere on this team. When we have real good teams, we have a guy at every position that actual plays that position. On this team, only Buddy plays his position. In my mind, Joe is a #2 Griff, sorry jb, has to be a #2, QG really should be a #3 and Marek is either a #3 or a #4. How can you expect to win like that unless you shoot out of your butt. And that is what happened in the first half. Griff made the difference in the first half. He couldn't in the second half and no one else stepped up to do what he did in the first half.

People can say what they want, but not everyone on this team is treated equal. It’s hard to build team chemistry when consequences aren’t the same for everyone.

I get that it is magnified lately because one of our players is the coach’s son, but when hasn’t this been true for almost any team sport? Players are always treated differently for a variety of reasons.

and I am certainly not excusing our issues or record, just think we are all frustrated and looking for reasons

Glad Rak wasn’t asked to do as much his sophomore year and was allowed to develop

Q was 6-12 for 13 points and 5 rebounds behind eddy's 8 with only one turnover while going up against their bigs. For someone who belongs at SF that's not bad, 0 assists though.

Problem was the guards going 8 for 27 (who aren't playing out of position), and giving up 15 assists in the second half with 5 to go. On top of giving up 16 offensive boards on 50% shooting. 14 assists for their forward centers, one for ours.

Last edited:
I get that it is magnified lately because one of our players is the coach’s son, but when hasn’t this been true for almost any team sport? Players are always treated differently for a variety of reasons.

and I am certainly not excusing our issues or record, just think we are all frustrated and looking for reasons
Maybe. But something doesn't exactly feel right of late based on both effort and player demeanor... But maybe I am reading too much into it and a portion of the lockeroom is not lost.

Worrying about an exodus with transfer portal this year, however...

Maybe. But something doesn't exactly feel right of late based on both effort and player demeanor... But maybe I am reading too much into it and a portion of the lockeroom is not lost.

Worrying about an exodus with transfer portal this year, however...

I don’t disagree that things are off, not sure if we can pinpoint it to players being held to different standards. Think there are many factors at play. I don’t want to make it seem like I am happy or enjoying the results.

Or, he isn't really that good. He has good games, he has bad games. That is who he is. It isn't about checking out. He has shown he has trouble against bigger players down low. I really hope he comes back. I think putting him with Benny would be real good for both.
But up until the last few games, he was great. It’s one thing to miss shots etc, but the lack of effort is what’s standing out.

But up until the last few games, he was great. It’s one thing to miss shots etc, but the lack of effort is what’s standing out.
He hasn't checked out. He is an up and down player at this stage. He is not a star that gives it to you every game. We don't have one of those. and so far this year, we have got much different efforts at home vs the road.

I don't know if Boeheim keeps telling him to post up but he should be only posting up smaller players and then trying to space out the floor vs bigs by shooting the 3 or attacking them. Defense has been average... it took him a while to figure out the zone last year.

What the heck is going on? He was our “pro”...

It’s hyperbole like this that renders it damn near impossible to offer legit criticism without being labeled a hater

i still believe Q is a player. i'm not sure he knows what his role is. quel est mon rôle

And the past few games he's been guarded by a much bigger player. Yesterday he had the center on him all game. Plus he used the same move from the elbow every time like 5 times in a row. Hard to get open when the opponent knows exactly what you're going to do.

And the past few games he's been guarded by a much bigger player. Yesterday he had the center on him all game. Plus he used the same move from the elbow every time like 5 times in a row. Hard to get open when the opponent knows exactly what you're going to do.
Is that the coaches job to game plan for.
If all it takes to shut one of our players down is to actually not be lazy and prepare your team.
Then our coaches should be ready to counter that.

Instead we are the most predictable team in the nation and never adapt.
Except to press when we are down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom