Hackett Email | Syracusefan.com

Hackett Email

Crusty

Living Legend
Just received a very nice email from Coach Hackett.

Having been critical of Coach Hackett in the past, I felt it was only fair to give him the credit he was due for the changes to the offense this year. Back on September 2nd (day after the NW game) I created a thread "I said I would apologize to Hackett..." http://syracusefan.com/threads/i-said-i-would-apologize-to-hackett.31065/

I also sent an email to Coach Hackett.
"Coach,​
I have been a vocal critic of your offense in the past, and was skeptical of the rumored changes for this season. I said that I hoped I was wrong and would be happy to apologize to you if I was wrong. I wanted to do it publicly as well as to you personally.​
This is the best offensive scheme we have seen at SU since the McNabb era. Congratulations indeed for a job well done and best of luck in the future.​
I have inserted a copy of my post on Syracusefan.com.​
Crusty""​

I did not expect a reply from Coach Hackett even though I am sure he rarely gets email apologies from fans! I am pleased he got it and hope he read it with a smile on his face.

Many have said he is pretty cool guy - I guess they were right.

Based on his comments, I think we have just seen the beginning of exciting football at SU. They are having a ball with the new system (and he said it was a completely new system) and that they just need a cool name for it!

Kudos to you for manningup and keeping your word.

I would be curous what his exact reply was if it was anymore than you indicated prior.

Just received a very nice email from Coach Hackett.

Having been critical of Coach Hackett in the past, I felt it was only fair to give him the credit he was due for the changes to the offense this year. Back on September 2nd (day after the NW game) I created a thread "I said I would apologize to Hackett..." http://syracusefan.com/threads/i-said-i-would-apologize-to-hackett.31065/

I also sent an email to Coach Hackett.
"Coach,​
I have been a vocal critic of your offense in the past, and was skeptical of the rumored changes for this season. I said that I hoped I was wrong and would be happy to apologize to you if I was wrong. I wanted to do it publicly as well as to you personally.​
This is the best offensive scheme we have seen at SU since the McNabb era. Congratulations indeed for a job well done and best of luck in the future.​
I have inserted a copy of my post on Syracusefan.com.​
Crusty""​

I did not expect a reply from Coach Hackett even though I am sure he rarely gets email apologies from fans! I am pleased he got it and hope he read it with a smile on his face.

Many have said he is pretty cool guy - I guess they were right.

Based on his comments, I think we have just seen the beginning of exciting football at SU. They are having a ball with the new system (and he said it was a completely new system) and that they just need a cool name for it!

"Orange Express" comes to mind. A nod to our Heismann winner. I know, too long, but "Orange Brown" didn't sound right.

He had some interesting comments.
He said he had not read any email or anything written about the team since the season started, which is probably a smart practice.
He said the season was better than he thought it would be.
Basically, he said that he came to the conclusion that it was time to get out of his comfort zone and to try something new. He called the offense a completely new system that everyone helped to create and "can hang their hat on and say they created".
He has a new comfort zone and could never go back to the old one. Everyone is having more fun with this system. They are working very hard to produce a good product. They are all obviously very proud of what they have built and I get the sense that they intend to build on it "year in and year out".
I don't want to overstate it but he sounds to me like a guy that has had an epiphany and is having a hell of a lot of fun. Also, sounds like he is here for awhile.

Must be very satisfying for him as a new OC. I was very impressed with his self-evaluation and willingness to venture into new territory. This staff is impresses me more and more with its intelligence and hard work.

He had some interesting comments.
He said he had not read any email or anything written about the team since the season started, which is probably a smart practice.
He said the season was better than he thought it would be.
Basically, he said that he came to the conclusion that it was time to get out of his comfort zone and to try something new. He called the offense a completely new system that everyone helped to create and "can hang their hat on and say they created".
He has a new comfort zone and could never go back to the old one. Everyone is having more fun with this system. They are working very hard to produce a good product. They are all obviously very proud of what they have built and I get the sense that they intend to build on it "year in and year out".
I don't want to overstate it but he sounds to me like a guy that has had an epiphany and is having a hell of a lot of fun. Also, sounds like he is here for awhile.

Must be very satisfying for him as a new OC. I was very impressed with his self-evaluation and willingness to venture into new territory. This staff is impresses me more and more with its intelligence and hard work.

Good news for Orange fans!

Besides the pace, using the QB as a running threat has been huge. Even if he's not giving you 40-yard runs, he has to be accounted for and that puts more pressure on the D (as we see with our D)

Hackett's response: "Go. Pound. Salt.

BE co-champs. Dominated down the stretch.

Doug and I will enjoy the balogne. F all of the naysayers."

Amen. ;)

Eh. Doug had it in the binder to come up with a new system in year 4.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Hackett's response: "Go. Pound. Salt.

BE co-champs. Dominated down the stretch.

Doug and I will enjoy the balogne. F all of the naysayers."

"And did you see Northwestern's record? And their bowl invite? B!tch?"

Ryan's Express, after the WWII movie with Frank Sinatra. Hack attack would get my vote too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom