Hall of Fame board? | Syracusefan.com

Hall of Fame board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
Does it make sense to have a "Hall of Fame board" where some of the greatest threads/posts of all time get archived and can be viewed in one location? I've seen some other boards do this and it's a nice thing to browse during the slow season.

Also, this board is "locked" and you can't post to it, only admins can move threads or posts to that board.

Wonder if any admins archived the witch doctor post from a couple boards ago... This year, the RandygoDuke thread was a good one.

Does it make sense to have a "Hall of Fame board" where some of the greatest threads/posts of all time get archived and can be viewed in one location? I've seen some other boards do this and it's a nice thing to browse during the slow season.

Also, this board is "locked" and you can't post to it, only admins can move threads or posts to that board.

You just want your Jimmy Dykes thread memorialized for all time.

Great idea though.

There cant be a HOF board without the love potion thread. Until that bad boy rears its ugly head everything else is #2 IMO.
All these thread ideas are great but nothing even comes close to that one.

There cant be a HOF board without the love potion thread. Until that bad boy rears its ugly head everything else is #2 IMO.
Yep - that's what I was referencing above with the witch doctor post. That was where he got the love potion, right? Or was it just a witch?

Yep - that's what I was referencing above with the witch doctor post. That was where he got the love potion, right? Or was it just a witch?

Ha, it was a love potion he purchased to "woo" some chick. when it didnt work (shocking I know) he asked wanted to know if there were any attorneys on the board so he could file a lawsuit against this wizard or person who sold him this. It really was gold.

You seem to remember a lot about that Marsh. If memory serves, the poster's name was 10hsraM. Very mysterious character. One of these days I'm going to discover his real identity.

A lot of the tomeseli posts were pretty damn good. I remember a few days of nothing but comedy

I'll go through tomorrow during work and see if I can pull some of the good ones on the new board. I hope you guess can figure out how to get the old ones, I've never seen the love potion one

You seem to remember a lot about that Marsh. If memory serves, the poster's name was 10hsraM. Very mysterious character. One of these days I'm going to discover his real identity.

Wow good memory dude. I would have never guessed that handle. It was such a classic thread and I wish someone could dig it up.

I'll go through tomorrow during work and see if I can pull some of the good ones on the new board. I hope you guess can figure out how to get the old ones, I've never seen the love potion one

Ill tell you a good one right now... Is I think pages 3 to 14 on the Jermaine lawerance thread where Nerlo Rangel ranted on and on and on...that was a good one. Check that out.

Wow good memory dude. I would have never guessed that handle. It was such a classic thread and I wish someone could dig it up.

It was really "heim4prez." I was just unsuccessfully with you.

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

It was really "heim4prez." I was just unsuccessfully with you.

Ha! I didnt even catch it. I'm a little slow today. (I hadnt had my coffee yet and was trying to get ready for a meeting).

Well done!

Ill tell you a good one right now... Is I think pages 3 to 14 on the Jermaine lawerance thread where Nerlo Rangel ranted on and on and on...that was a good one. Check that out.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/jermaine-lawrence.25853/page-3

At first I didnt think this was anything special...

Then he announced that there was "a new sherriff in town" lol. Nerlo hasent posted since the day after this thread. Too bad lol

Then he announced that there was "a new sherriff in town" lol. Nerlo hasent posted since the day after this thread. Too bad lol

How the did I miss that sh1tshow????? I actually had to go look at my calendar and see if I was in a coma for these couple of days (I wasnt I was on a cruise). Wow...that is pure gold Jerry. Just unbelievable.

Someone has to find the thread where bjorn went on the "I'm better than Reese," rant, I'd like to see that again. I can't even remember how that even went down...

So I was over on the graveyard...I mean boneyard and I found this

"Love potion thread: a poster came on the board asking for help. He had just spent a lot of money on a love potion that was supposed to make a girl love him. Apparently it did not work and he was looking for a Boneyard lawyer or someone to help him find a way to get his money back. Boneyard posters were surprisingly restrained in responding to this. It went on for some time and it was pretty clear that this guy had spent a lot of money...I forget how much, $1500? Someone help me here. Anyway, he was in a pretty desperate place. The next day, he posted that he was drunk and had just made the whole thing up as a joke. Yeah, right. You had to be there to see it develop and play out...the Boneyard was pretty well stunned and the self-control was admirable.
"

Sound similar to the one you witnessed?
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/ot-boneyard-jokes-i-dont-follow.28995/page-4

So I was over on the graveyard...I mean boneyard and I found this

"Love potion thread: a poster came on the board asking for help. He had just spent a lot of money on a love potion that was supposed to make a girl love him. Apparently it did not work and he was looking for a Boneyard lawyer or someone to help him find a way to get his money back. Boneyard posters were surprisingly restrained in responding to this. It went on for some time and it was pretty clear that this guy had spent a lot of money...I forget how much, $1500? Someone help me here. Anyway, he was in a pretty desperate place. The next day, he posted that he was drunk and had just made the whole thing up as a joke. Yeah, right. You had to be there to see it develop and play out...the Boneyard was pretty well stunned and the self-control was admirable.
"

Sound similar to the one you witnessed?
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/ot-boneyard-jokes-i-dont-follow.28995/page-4

Yep that was it. I really wish the original thread would come alive. It was just so bizarre and hysterical at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom