Hallmark Channel Holiday Movies | Syracusefan.com

Hallmark Channel Holiday Movies

moqui

generational talent
a drinking game

HallmarkChristmasDrinkingGame.jpg

Brilliant as I have a wife who watches all of them.

I love this time of year and enjoy Christmas movies. But that drinking game pretty much encompasses all the themes. Not all of them have to be about falling in love.

My wife is straight addicted to these things and there are seemingly hundreds of them. They missed an entire sub genre with the prince, king, royal family of hilariously named small Eurpoean country goes slumming in NYC for a new queen/duchess/etc and then such person is brought to the central Eurpoean version of Zamunda to be the nanny/governess/gardener/sous chef/etc with their sassy bronx self and ultimately becomes queen.

My girlfriend loves them. They are actually kind of fun to hate watch.

Don't forget the cute little kid with the annoyingly sweet voice.

My wife is straight addicted to these things and there are seemingly hundreds of them. They missed an entire sub genre with the prince, king, royal family of hilariously named small Eurpoean country goes slumming in NYC for a new queen/duchess/etc and then such person is brought to the central Eurpoean version of Zamunda to be the nanny/governess/gardener/sous chef/etc with their sassy bronx self and ultimately becomes queen.
What's funny is that a lot of the same people must be part of the Hallmark stable and are in more than one of them. One looks like one of my fraternity brothers so I feel a connection to him every time he pops up.

most of the HALLMARK movies are filmed in or around Vancouver Canada. fact.

What's funny is that a lot of the same people must be part of the Hallmark stable and are in more than one of them. One looks like one of my fraternity brothers so I feel a connection to him every time he pops up.
One of my law school housemates is in "Risky Business". It was shot in his hometown one summer. He is the kid getting out of the car to go to the party.
After he went back to school, there was a call to his house. The director wanted him to come back and shoot some scenes to be more features. His mother said no, he would not be interested.

Hallmark has started their 24 hour Christmas movies so figured I would bump the ol drinking game.

Hallmark has started their 24 hour Christmas movies so figured I would bump the ol drinking game.
Saw that yesterday while watching Gameday and scanning the guide.

I’d like to rip Hallmark or Lifetime or whoever for doing it, but really it isn’t their fault; the muppets who can’t get enough of watching the same Christmas movies in October, just with different actors and a slightly altered script, over and over and over again... that’s where the problem lies. The networks are just catering to a really weird part of the population.

These “movies” are so laughably terrible. And they are all essentially a different variation of the same plot.

My wife has been binge watching the one from a few years ago that has Harry Connick Jr, Willie Nelson, and Lyle Lovitt. Goodness. The funy part is, that Willie Nelson plays this Santa/Guardian Angel type character, but the way I watch it, it is basically a Twilight Zone episode and he is Satan. They give every indication that he kills Harry Connick's father because of his refusal to drape the house in christmas lights. They further strongly imply that his son is next if he doesn't get in line!!

The only time I watch Hallmark is when the Golden Girls are on. I hate that these Christmas movies preempt the Girls. I am serious.

So y’all planning on dying after 2-3 movies?

Ah I can play this too.

Key positions are $200/day flat and catering is from Panera or Pollo Loco.

Just trust me when I say working on Hallmark Movies are worse than watching them.

That's good. Here are a couple to add: 1) passes up promotion/new job in said big city. 2) runs into old boyfriend back in small town. 3) old boyfriend wins the heart back because new boyfriend is a workaholic and isn't fun. Bonus: military or dog or both involved in plot.
You apparently only own one TV.

You apparently only own one TV.
Nah. You only have to watch the first ten minutes and the last five. I'm on my own in between to watch my games and I earn a lot of brownie points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom