Hand Checking? | Syracusefan.com

Hand Checking?

Shermthegeneral

Starter
So, was it me or was Tyler hand checked all night? The call at the end was a bang bang call and it really should have been a no call but I'm more disappointed with how the refs let the game get physical and not in our favor. When that happens, the whole game is altered.

Honestly, I am, but am not because of the location, surprised that Ennis didn't draw a foul on half of his shot attempts because of the hand checking. 5 of Ennis' 6 free throw attempts were from being fouled on jumpshots. What about his drives?

Last edited:
Honestly, I am, but am not because of the location, surprised that Ennis didn't draw a foul on half of his shot attempts because of the hand checking. 5 of Ennis' 6 free throw attempts were from being fouled on jumpshots. What about his drives?
Agreed. Virtually every time a Syracuse player dribbled, a Duke player was giving him a forearm shiver, and "giving him the business".

It's not even the physical play the upsets me, but the handful of touch fouls that get called during physical games. If refs would just be consistent with their calls it wouldn't be so bad. The refs can't allow hand checking 90% of the time the call a weak cheap foul.

It's not even the physical play the upsets me, but the handful of touch fouls that get called during physical games. If refs would just be consistent with their calls it wouldn't be so bad. The refs can't allow hand checking 90% of the time the call a weak cheap foul.

Yeah, I can deal with consistently good or bad refs. I just don't appreciate when they're all over the place. Duke is getting away with plenty of contact in the lane - we're not.

Still, just call the foul early and put a stop to it. I guess if the rule is you can't have your hands on the ballhandlers hip, than Duke committed North of 200 fouls tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom