Happy International Tuba Day | Syracusefan.com

Happy International Tuba Day

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
ACED67A5-0F84-46E8-B28A-CE48BDF8033A.jpeg

I didn't know that tuba was an acronym. Similar to scuba, which stands for self-contained underwater breathing apparatus, tuba stands for terrible underwater breathing apparatus.

(I'll show myself out)
Terribly Unappreciated Band Apparatus?

Before Tom inserted tuba counts in his commentary, I was a fan of the comic strip Bloom County. Naturally, this is what I saw in my mind when I read Tom's counts...

1588528221299.png

After reading Tom's commentary several times, I began to see the tuba as very important to the band...

1588528311271.png

Now, I fully expect a tuba count in Tom's commentary and count tubas at all football games. There are a lot of tubas in the TAMU marching band.

Before Tom inserted tuba counts in his commentary, I was a fan of the comic strip Bloom County. Naturally, this is what I saw in my mind when I read Tom's counts...

View attachment 180647

After reading Tom's commentary several times, I began to see the tuba as very important to the band...

View attachment 180648

Now, I fully expect a tuba count in Tom's commentary and count tubas at all football games. There are a lot of tubas in the TAMU marching band.
If memory serves, our tuba graduation losses were minor. I think we got up to 12 for some games. If COVID was not in play, I was thinking we were going to get in the 14 range in 2020.

Some tuba stories to honor this great day.

I think someone (maybe me, maybe not) linked this on the board years ago.

If memory serves, our tuba graduation losses were minor. I think we got up to 12 for some games. If COVID was not in play, I was thinking we were going to get in the 14 range in 2020.

Some tuba stories to honor this great day.

I think someone (maybe me, maybe not) linked this on the board years ago.

At what point do we become elite in terms of tuba numbers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom