Harbaugh at it again...

djorange1989

All American
oh the kid should go to prep school and enroll at Michigan after that, I mean it is so clear that Harbaugh is a man of his word and would keep a scholarship open for him.... what a d**k. I hope the kid ends up at a Big 10 school and then kicks Michigan's a** everytime they play against him. hell, maybe we should take a look at the kid.

Finwad32

All American
Is this terrible for the kid? 100% without debate. Absolutely horrible situation for a young man who put in the work to get it done. But honestly, he’ll be better off.

I just wish they would create a system where these types of things don’t happen, because it happens at a lot of places.

And it’s not just scholarship football, it’s all levels where they overload the class and then leave kids hanging out when they come in over their numbers.

I’ve seen situations at lower levels where kids come to campus, anticipating playing, and then simply get ignored by staffs.

The unwritten handbook rules followed in college right now for dealing with these situations can be very ugly.

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Have rooted for Michigan my whole life against everyone but Cuse. Can't justify this in any way if the kids grades are good to go. Can understand why the team wants to do it, because they had a few guys that transferred out and a few leave early and need to fill some crucial spots with experienced guys but this definitely looks bad.

chugg21

Is this terrible for the kid? 100% without debate. Absolutely horrible situation for a young man who put in the work to get it done. But honestly, he’ll be better off.

I just wish they would create a system where these types of things don’t happen, because it happens at a lot of places.

And it’s not just scholarship football, it’s all levels where they overload the class and then leave kids hanging out when they come in over their numbers.

I’ve seen situations at lower levels where kids come to campus, anticipating playing, and then simply get ignored by staffs.

The unwritten handbook rules followed in college right now for dealing with these situations can be very ugly.
Not all that dissimilar to when Dino took over and some of the commits didn't even get calls. Happens everywhere because this is a results only business.

Finwad32

All American
Not all that dissimilar to when Dino took over and some of the commits didn't even get calls. Happens everywhere because this is a results only business.
Yup - over time, I’d imagine just about every institution has similar dealings.

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes

yes, yes it is. If he were my son I would ask him how bad do you want to go to Michigan now? Tough pill to swallow. Maybe he still goes. Most offers will still be there after a semester at prep school anyway. This stuff happens all over and people like to point out this coach or that coach but 9 out of 10 are guilty of it. You are paying phys ed meathead coaches 8 million a year for christ sake.

chugg21

yes, yes it is. If he were my son I would ask him how bad do you want to go to Michigan now? Tough pill to swallow. Maybe he still goes. Most offers will still be there after a semester at prep school anyway. This stuff happens all over and people like to point out this coach or that coach but 9 out of 10 are guilty of it. You are paying phys ed meathead coaches 8 million a year for christ sake.
P5 level football and basketball are the equivalent of high-end politics. You might start out with the right intentions and your morals intact but somewhere along the way you're going to have to give some of that up in order to climb the ladder.

Eric15

Living Legend
If he goes to prep school and then goes to Michigan next season, won't he still have four full seasons at Michigan?

chugg21

If he goes to prep school and then goes to Michigan next season, won't he still have four full seasons at Michigan?
Yep, possibly 5 if he redshirted. Could end up with a Masters from Michigan if done correctly.

An entire new coaching staff taking over and not committing to a kid that committed to an entirely different staff is similar to the team that has recruited you for two years telling you to kick rocks the week of signing day?

As someone who was part of a D3 recruiting class that was literally 80+ people deep, I might be the only one here who knows first hand how right you are. I was one of those kids who came to campus anticipating playing and got ignored by the staff.

chugg21

An entire new coaching staff taking over and not committing to a kid that committed to an entirely different staff is similar to the team that has recruited you for two years telling you to kick rocks the week of signing day?
Pretty sure that I read that you should commit to the school and not to the coach, so yeah when that school hires a new coach and you don't get called or your calls returned then yeah that's kind of a big deal too.

Finwad32

All American
As someone who was part of a D3 recruiting class that was literally 80+ people deep, I might be the only one here who knows first hand how right you are. I was one of those kids who came to campus anticipating playing and got ignored by the staff.
It’s real, as you know, unfortunately.

oldpinepoint

All Conference
I was part of one of those classes, but I played. I was always amazed at how many kids showed up every summer, most of them were gone by the end of the first semester.

Top Bottom