Harbaugh at it again...

Cuse#1

Scout Team
Michigan and harbargh are perfect for each other. Both have this huge ego and make it so easy for everyone else to HATE THEM! I didn't even read the article, I hate them regardless. but whatever he did I'm sure he embarrassed everybody and made himself look stupid and I love every time he
does it

bevosu

All American
P5 level football and basketball are the equivalent of high-end politics. You might start out with the right intentions and your morals intact but somewhere along the way you're going to have to give some of that up in order to climb the ladder.

The business world can be like that as well.

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
Very Sabanesque. He pulled this crap a few times 4-7 years ago to some Georgia kids. The old last-minute gray shirt routine.
Kids commit to their dream school, ignore other offers and then get the rug pulled at the last second.

Advice to kids... never blow off other schools. Remind them that you’re committed but am open to staying connected “just in case”.

Advice to Dino & Co., don’t give on kids that you’d really like to see in the program, especially those that may need a bit of development.

Last edited:

OttoMets

Living Legend
Everyone keep this in mind the next time a kid decommits and people howl about “loyalty”.
Eh, two wrongs not making a right, blah blah blah.

But this is unacceptable, no doubt about it.

And it's difficult to ignore the extent to which university leadership, trustees, and of course the fans enable this unethical behavior.

OttoMets

Living Legend
Advice to Dino & Co., don’t give on kids that you’d really like to see in the program, especially those that may need a bit of development.
Advice to Dino & Co.:

Regardless of the prevailing lack of values in your field, don't pull this crap under Syracuse University's name. We're better than this and you've got a responsibility to uphold some standards.

Scooch

Hall of Fame
Eh, two wrongs not making a right, blah blah blah.

But this is unacceptable, no doubt about it.

And it's difficult to ignore the extent to which university leadership, trustees, and of course the fans enable this unethical behavior.
If a recruit knows a coach will cut bait on him at any time for any reason then there is no reason to be “loyal”. It’s a silly concept in this day and age of big business college sports. Everyone goes and gets theirs.

MGDCuse

Scout Team
oh the kid should go to prep school and enroll at Michigan after that, I mean it is so clear that Harbaugh is a man of his word and would keep a scholarship open for him... what a d**k. I hope the kid ends up at a Big 10 school and then kicks Michigan's a** everytime they play against him. hell, maybe we should take a look at the kid.
If he's still there. Most Michigan fans up here that I know are a) Tired of his antics as well and b) Think he'll be gone soon. Back to the NFL.

I could go on for days and days about this subject. Had I known that the school I chose (who had gone to the NCAA tournament the year before, had a long winning tradition, etc) was literally bringing in 8 other freshman defensive tackles I would’ve gone to the school who they beat out. That school was in a league which I can see looking back was more suited to my talent level (you think the difference between the SEC and Sun Belt is enormous, go look at the talent disparities in D3 conferences).

Unfortunately D3 football is a racket that these schools use to drive enrollment, and the coaches seem to have almost zero incentive to NOT recruit you. When a coach calls you every day for weeks on end you kind of assume they see you as a key potential part of the program. Now I wonder if these guys were getting Randy Edsall style bonuses for inflating the class as much as possible.

I was part of one of those classes, but I played. I was always amazed at how many kids showed up every summer, most of them were gone by the end of the first semester.

Top Bottom