Hard to believe the season is really over | Syracusefan.com

Hard to believe the season is really over

RF2044

Living Legend
Watching the selection show last night, it really sunk in.

In some ways, the season went by in a blur. In others, it was one of the most frustrating basketball seasons I can remember.

Between the way the football season ended [post VT], posting the first losing record in hoops in 50+ years, and the rough start to the lax season, its been a rough 5 months to be an SU fan.

It's just so odd to be faced with a situation where there are no games left, during a time of year I usually look forward to the most from a sports perspective.

Watching the selection show last night, it really sunk in.

In some ways, the season went by in a blur. In others, it was one of the most frustrating basketball seasons I can remember.

Between the way the football season ended [post VT], posting the first losing record in hoops in 50+ years, and the rough start to the lax season, its been a rough 5 months to be an SU fan.

It's just so odd to be faced with a situation where there are no games left, during a time of year I usually look forward to the most from a sports perspective.
I feel your pain we must cleanse this stain and get on board the winning train !!!

I love the selection show no matter what.
It just confirmed we were irrelevant in the scope of college hoops this season.
JNcuse pointing out we were 0-10 againsy quad 1 teams was crazy. We were truly a bad team this year. We played in a conference that prevented us from going 13-18 or worse.

This season showed their is a clvil divide within the Syracuse fanbase. Those that will never question the HC at anything short of real bad stuff and those that care more about the team winning than JB just continuing as HC for as long as he wants.

This season was just so bad when its analyzed and it was entirely predictable.

I have no confidence we will go into selection Sunday as a top 6 seed until we have a new HC. I will hope to be wrong I just won’t believe it till i see it.

It just confirmed we were irrelevant in the scope of college hoops this season.
JNcuse pointing out we were 0-10 againsy quad 1 teams was crazy. We were truly a bad team this year. We played in a conference that prevented us from going 13-18 or worse.

This season showed their is a clvil divide within the Syracuse fanbase. Those that will never question the HC at anything short of real bad stuff and those that care more about the team winning than JB just continuing as HC for as long as he wants.

This season was just so bad when its analyzed and it was entirely predictable.

I have no confidence we will go into selection Sunday as a top 6 seed until we have a new HC. I will hope to be wrong I just won’t believe it till i see it.
The problem with Syracuse Basketball and Syracuse sports is that Syracuse has no power of association. In the ACC conference, Syracuse has little to no standing. The officiating is just consistently biased toward the old members. If Syracuse was a Catholic school, you get all those connections and sympathies, but they aren't and so they are on an island. Just as Dino has experienced in football, a new basketball coach would get the same treatment.

The problem with Syracuse Basketball and Syracuse sports is that Syracuse has no power of association. In the ACC conference, Syracuse has little to no standing. The officiating is just consistently biased toward the old members. If Syracuse was a Catholic school, you get all those connections and sympathies, but they aren't and so they are on an island. Just as Dino has experienced in football, a new basketball coach would get the same treatment.
Baylor has no standing in the Big XII.
Officiating isn’t our problem.
Talent matters a lot.
Coaching matters a lot.

Officials are awful all around.

Comin in hot? More like Going Out Cold.

Talent matters a lot.
Coaching matters a lot.

Baylor has been a rival and member with the Big12 schools forever and it is a religious based school that is deeply embedded in the cultural fabric of that region. A case in point of officiating was the FSU game in football. It was clear that FSU was not going to lose that game and go to 0-5 or 0-4. That loss cost Dino a bowl game.

Baylor has been a rival and member with the Big12 schools forever and it is a religious based school that is deeply embedded in the cultural fabric of that region. A case in point of officiating was the FSU game in football. It was clear that FSU was not going to lose that game and go to 0-5 or 0-4. That loss cost Dino a bowl game.
Dino going for 2 in the second quarter cost the team a point. That played a factor In that loss.

The officials make bad calls throughout all games.
This is a seriously mentally crazy take that officials have it out for us.
Please don’t go full Alex Jones on the board. You can joke about this but officials aren’t actively trying to screw us.

You can't realistically believe any of this matters, right?

You and Kirbivore should start your own web site based on perceived conference conspiracy theories.

You'd probably get a bunch of non-Duke/Kansas/UCLA/Alabama fans flocking there.

You can't realistically believe any of this matters, right?

You and Kirbivore should start your own web site based on perceived conference conspiracy theories.

You'd probably get a bunch of non-Duke/Kansas/UCLA/Alabama fans flocking there.
SU lax plays at UVA and UVA taunts our goalie twice and no call. Why. I never feel like the ACC is treating SU as a full partner. maybe I'm wrong.

Arguing about game officials is a losing game. And it's a bunch of BS in my opinion. Sorry.

You want me take believe that human nature what it is, there are no biases involved.
You are not implying bias.

You are implying full-blown conspiracy theories in smoke-filled back rooms where "the powers that be" decide who wins and who loses, and how best to screw any team besides the original ACC schools.

The real world doesn't work this way.

I have traveled for work to Texas for years. I have family in Texas. I rarely hear folks talking about or sporting Baylor gear. UT, TTU and TCU sure. Baylor? It's rare. So as for them being woven into the cultural fabric...

Baylor is 21st in total Hoops revenue. SU is 4th.

Also for football- per 2018 (wsj), Cuse is #48 and Baylor #50.

Talent matters a lot.
Coaching matters a lot.

Good post. What mattered this year was the poor use of our bench, Benny not doing well for many reasons, injuries and JB not having his best year coaching.
This is the worst season other than the probation seasons i have experienced.

I have traveled for work to Texas for years. I have family in Texas. I rarely hear folks talking about or sporting Baylor gear. UT, TTU and TCU sure. Baylor? It's rare. So as for them being woven into the cultural fabric...

Baylor is 21st in total Hoops revenue. SU is 4th.

Also for football- per 2018 (wsj), Cuse is #48 and Baylor #50.
But they don't look at Baylor as some invading outsider. They look at Baylor as their nutcase cousins from Waco.

Selection Sunday is my favorite show.
Must see TV.
I generally wait for it all day.
This time I didn't even watch.

It just underscores how far SU has fallen and how bad this year really was.
The Orange nowhere to be found...and rightly so.

The fact they were close in so many games just makes it worse.
Complete embarrassment of a season.
And it may be a long road back.

But they don't look at Baylor as some invading outsider. They look at Baylor as their nutcase cousins from Waco.

We are not treated as an ACC outsider. We don't always get great officiating but honestly it's mostly vs UNC or Duke who has gotten that treatment against everyone in the league for many years.

My goodness. Who is "they"? The ACC *invited* Syracuse to join. They could have invited many other schools. Your take is either awful trolling or brain dead.

-----

To the topic of this thread (before CousCuse went full Q-Anon), I HATE not being in the tourney. I didn't watch a second of the selection show. I'll watch the tourney, because its a fantastic event, but it suck that SU isn't involved. I really believed we'd be pretty good this year. Joke was on me.

We are not treated as an ACC outsider. We don't always get great officiating but honestly it's mostly vs UNC or Duke who has gotten that treatment against everyone in the league for many years.

The first year we were in the ACC tournament, happened to sit next to a Clemson fan and a GT fan. Both of them warned me to get ready -- that we'd never get a fair shake, that no teams outside of NC do. Laughed it off at the time, but it always stuck with me.

The first year we were in the ACC tournament, happened to sit next to a Clemson fan and a GT fan. Both of them warned me to get ready -- that we'd never get a fair shake, that no teams outside of NC do. Laughed it off at the time, but it always stuck with me.
No team outside of NC let alone a team from New York.

Yeah- I mean we have seen a few things here and there for sure. That said when we had the talent without drama we expect, like in 2014 when we finished second in conference, we do just fine. It's been an easy out to blame our Yankee status at times, I'm guilty as charged but it's most just been our own issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom