Hardwood Club dinner | Syracusefan.com

Hardwood Club dinner

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
I'm sure Tomcat will have a complete run down telling the story only like he can. So I'll just keep my recap to some highlights. Cherie already did a great job in another thread.

First, thanks so much to CTO for inviting me and my kids. Wife couldn't go but CTO found a way for me to bring along both kids. They had a BLAST.

As always, the players and coaches were very accommodating to everyone wanting pictures, autographs etc.

Thanks again to CTO, we had the great opportunity to have Baye and Silent G sit at our table. Two great kids who truly represent SU at it's finest. Others have already posted about the award made in Baye's name. He had no idea and was truly surprised.

Marrone was in the house. He was there to present an award to Rob Edson's family and did a great job and you could tell had a hard time holding back tears. His speech followed by one by Robs son were very touching. JB introduced Marrone with an impassioned speech about how much of an SU guy he was.

JB introduced each coach and player by first roasting each a bit, then getting serious about each. Very funny stuff. Won't say what he said about Cooney in the serious moment. It would upset some.

It was announced that Ennis made first team All ACC defensive team. JB was shocked, pleased, then shocked some more. Again, funny stuff from JB.

Was great sitting with CTO, Tomcat, Jake and his wife, Cherihoop and her husband, a friend if CTO's and if course my kids and the 2 players. It was a great time.

Last edited:
I wanted to attend tonight but work prevented and I followed along on twitter as best I could. It was great what they did for Baye. Seems like there are "once every 10 years" players like Melo and "once every 10 years" players like Keita. Totally different reasons, but both so important to a program.

You've got to tell us what JB said about Cooney!

Any Roberson sightings? I saw a bunch of pictures on twitter of the team, but TRob wasn't in any.

Ok, I have to know what he said about Cooney. My aunt and uncle usually attend but not sure if they did this year, so I'm unsure if I can ask them, so spill it Bees.

ROCuse said:
I wanted to attend tonight but work prevented and I followed along on twitter as best I could. It was great what they did for Baye. Seems like there are "once every 10 years" players like Melo and "once every 10 years" players like Keita. Totally different reasons, but both so important to a program. You've got to tell us what JB said about Cooney! Any Roberson sightings? I saw a bunch of pictures on twitter of the team, but TRob wasn't in any.

Not a big deal. JB just talked about Cooney's value to the offense even when his shots aren't falling.

He was all over G-mac teaching Cooney how to shoot. I believe he said he was still waiting. He also said that Trevor's mom was one of two women he was afraid of. Trevor sit at the table next to me, he shook his head the whole time. Very funny stuff. This was my first time attending and was an awesome event. Will be back next year. Roberson was sitting with Trevor.

We invited JB to our wedding.

Me: "We are getting married. We've gone to every one of your home games for the last 3 years...the least you can do is come to our wedding!"

JB (looking a little confused and stunned): "When is it? Oh...I'm gonna be in Spain. Good Luck!"

Any Roberson sightings? I saw a bunch of pictures on twitter of the team, but TRob wasn't in any.
attachment.php

Even Tyler Ennis, who leads the ACC in steals and was just voted a member of the All-ACC Defensive Team, was a target

"A lot of those steals were suspect," Boeheim said. "Wow, that might have been the best coaching maneuvering of my career. Didn't Trevor wonder why he was left off? These three (assistant coaches) didn't get a single vote between them to be all-defense at Syracuse. And they're way, way better than both of you guys."

I wanted to attend tonight but work prevented and I followed along on twitter as best I could. It was great what they did for Baye. Seems like there are "once every 10 years" players like Melo and "once every 10 years" players like Keita. Totally different reasons, but both so important to a program.

You've got to tell us what JB said about Cooney!

I was thinking that too... I have absolutely no inside information, but it always makes me wonder when I see the team out in pictures and TROB is never with them... That and his sad disposition on the bench at times and I'm wondering where his head is at...

Nolan Hart had the line of the night. "I'd like to thank the coaches for helping me improve my game. I'm ten times better than I was when I got here and on the Coach Boeheim scale that means I went from a 0.01 to a 1.

Even JB cracked up at that line.

I was thinking that too... I have absolutely no inside information, but it always makes me wonder when I see the team out in pictures and TROB is never with them... That and his sad disposition on the bench at times and I'm wondering where his head is at...
Joaquin-Phoenix-source_IGN.com_.jpg

jr4750 said:

Roberson was definitely there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom