Harry Potter resurrection | Syracusefan.com

Harry Potter resurrection

Dave85

Living Legend
I just finish watching all the Harry Potter movies. I'm trying to wrap my head around by what magic was it that Harry Potter was able to come back to life. I've read a lot of web commentary but it's still a little confusing. I was wonder if any of the Orange minds have ever thought about this?

He had the resurrection stone right?

He had the resurrection stone right?

The resurrection stone just allowed him to talk to dead people.

The resurrection stone, along with owning all the deathly hallows just means he has mastered death. I think mastering death means he's aware that his own death is not something to be afraid of experiencing.

I think the best explanation is the Elder wand's allegiance prevented it from killing Harry. He was just unconscious the whole time, But the Elder wand did kill the piece of Voldemort's horcrux living inside Harry. It was Narcissa Malfoy lying about Harry being dead that really saved him. When Nagini was killed by Neville Longbottom with Godric Gryffindor's Sword then with all the horcruxes destroyed Voldermort had nothing keeping him tethered to life.

As stated, Harry was a Horcrux. Harry never actually died. That's why he had the choice to go "on" or not. It was Voldemort who was slain by his own killing curse.

I just finish watching all the Harry Potter movies. I'm trying to wrap my head around by what magic was it that Harry Potter was able to come back to life. I've read a lot of web commentary but it's still a little confusing. I was wonder if any of the Orange minds have ever thought about this?

I recommend the books over the movies. Its easier to follow, because there is more detail. Over the span of 8 books, I don't think she had a misstep with what impacted what.

As stated, Harry was a Horcrux. Harry never actually died. That's why he had the choice to go "on" or not. It was Voldemort who was slain by his own killing curse.
Yes but there were other things "helping" him...including that Voldemort had the elder wand and he used Harry's blood to resurrect himself

I recommend the books over the movies. Its easier to follow, because there is more detail. Over the span of 8 books, I don't think she had a misstep with what impacted what.
Quidditch, I've always felt she screwed up the rules on that or just didn't fully think about how games would play out. Catching the snitch gives a team 150 points and ends the game. If a team is losing by 160 or more points they should purposefully not catch the snitch and instead try to get back within striking distance while preventing the opposition from catching the snitch. But there are a couple of instances in the books where people are idiots and catch the stupid thing while their team is behind by 160 points, most notably Viktor Krum in the freakin' World Cup. And yes, this has bugged me for years...

Quidditch, I've always felt she screwed up the rules on that or just didn't fully think about how games would play out. Catching the snitch gives a team 150 points and ends the game. If a team is losing by 160 or more points they should purposefully not catch the snitch and instead try to get back within striking distance while preventing the opposition from catching the snitch. But there are a couple of instances in the books where people are idiots and catch the stupid thing while their team is behind by 160 points, most notably Viktor Krum in the freakin' World Cup. And yes, this has bugged me for years...
the Irish were pounding the Bulgarians and said they were never going to be able to come back, which is a lame excuse but it also must've meant the Irish were nearly unstoppable

the killing curse only killed the horecrux harry not the real harry

Yes but there were other things "helping" him...including that Voldemort had the elder wand and he used Harry's blood to resurrect himself
I am actually listening to Deathly Hallows on CD right now, having started it on a road trip. Your post got me thinking. In addition to the other reasons listed on here, the Elder wand could not kill Harry, because it "belonged" to Harry.

I am actually listening to Deathly Hallows on CD right now, having started it on a road trip. Your post got me thinking. In addition to the other reasons listed on here, the Elder wand could not kill Harry, because it "belonged" to Harry.

Are all of the books on audiobooks? I read like 4 (I think) of the books, not in any logical sequence. Not really sure why. I think it's worth going back and reading all of them 1-7.

GoHamSU said:
Are all of the books on audiobooks? I read like 4 (I think) of the books, not in any logical sequence. Not really sure why. I think it's worth going back and reading all of them 1-7.

They are all available as audiobooks. And are all read by the same actor (Jim Dale) who is pretty awesome. Fun to listen to even if you've already read the books.

I'm glad I'm not the only Harry Potter head here. You guys are great!

What I like best about Joanne's writing is I find it just amazing how she can create a place, a feeling, and atmosphere using just a few words and few sentences. It's just amazing. She's a really good writer.

They are all available as audiobooks. And are all read by the same actor (Jim Dale) who is pretty awesome. Fun to listen to even if you've already read the books.
wonder how much they are. Ive never used one before.

I have read the series about 3 times.

GoHamSU said:
wonder how much they are. Ive never used one before.

Most local libraries have the potter audiobooks in their inventory.

Capt. Tuttle said:
I have read the series about 3 times.

My wife and I read the books with each of our kids as they got to the appropriate age. We'd each read a chapter to switch up who would read a chapter out loud each night. It was a very cool way of sharing with our kids, getting them to enjoy reading, and engaging them in conversations that we might not have had otherwise. And it was a lot of fun.

Yes, I'm a geek...

Capt. Tuttle said:
right that was my point with the wand. He lived for multiple reasons

right that was my point with the wand. He lived for multiple reasons
Agreed. I actually just listened to the Kings Cross portion of the CD today.
The reasons are far too intricate and intertwined to get into on here.

what is this library?? lol. does it come on like a cd?

Yup. In Syracuse if you have an Onondaga County Library Account you can download it to an app as well.

My wife and I read the books with each of our kids as they got to the appropriate age. We'd each read a chapter to switch up who would read a chapter out loud each night. It was a very cool way of sharing with our kids, getting them to enjoy reading, and engaging them in conversations that we might not have had otherwise. And it was a lot of fun.

Yes, I'm a geek...
Our whole family, 17 in total, were traveling to Ireland when book 7 came out. We have a UK version

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom