Has Gary Gait ever coached a team with a losing record? | Syracusefan.com

Has Gary Gait ever coached a team with a losing record?

SkyTopBus44

Starter
Has Gary ever coached a losing team? Have to admit I don’t follow womens lacrosse as closely but as I recall he had success there right away in his first season. The coaching bios they have tend to focus on winning records so it is hard to tell if he has had a season like this one before. Does anyone know?

hate to say it but dont think he is a coach more a manager, cant hide behind a suit and tie…at this level coaches never have time to play around with sticks

Has Gary ever coached a losing team? Have to admit I don’t follow womens lacrosse as closely but as I recall he had success there right away in his first season. The coaching bios they have tend to focus on winning records so it is hard to tell if he has had a season like this one before. Does anyone know?
I think he did in Hawryshuks first year. But other than that he's always been a winner. That's prob why he's been struggling with this year. And why his responses to questions have been so blah.

I think he did in Hawryshuks first year. But other than that he's always been a winner. That's prob why he's been struggling with this year. And why his responses to questions have been so blah.
Nothing he can say will make any difference to make people happy. He just has to take it this year and get things going next year. I thought with his deep connection to the program and bringing in Petro, he could of got it going from day 1, but changing coaches is full of difficulties, especially when the previous coach was an all timer.

I’m not even sure he coached THIS team. I can’t think of a time his hands were out of his pockets.

sorry but girl's lacrosse is not lacrosse. it's a no contact game . what ? basically field hockey without the skirts.
I think you are missing the point...His breadth of experience spanning indoor and outdoor men's/women's and his demeanor is the same.

I think Desko and Rogers also struggled last year after some lopsided losses - they had never really experienced much of it.

The talent is certainly the weakest this team has had in a long time BUT other teams are playing half decent defense with similar or lesser talent IMO.

I think what you are saying is they are among the best at what they do, but the sport still makes no sense.
Not at all. To those who think it's a non-contact sport, they have no clue. Maybe it's "supposed" to be non-contact, but that is not the case in reality. To your point, it is, in some ways, a different game that places a MUCH greater emphasis on stick skills (anybody can shoot behind the back with that fishing net the mens game calls a stick).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom