Have a real sinking feeling... | Syracusefan.com

Have a real sinking feeling...

orange03

Starter
that UK will land both Noel and Bazz come April 11. I know Noel has stated that he doesn't want to be the next Davis and it's like family here and whatever else, and Bazz more than likely thinks the same of MKG, but for the life of me I can't picture them not choosing UK.

As if the guy needed any more momentum, the national title along with having the probable 1 and 2 picks of the draft will be too much to beat him out for these guys. I know most don't like him, but the coaching job he did this year was utterly fantastic--I don't care how he got the kids there, the job he did when they arrived was superb. To have all that talent play as one and as hard as they do is an indictment of him.

Cal COULD be on the verge of turning UK into a dynasty. Noel and Bazz could easily step into the position of Davis and MKG w/o missing much of a beat. I know they'll lose other pieces, but I think Cal has proven he can replace 'stars' better than anybody else.

I hate that I just typed that.

I think deep down we are all very nervous about the prospect of noel landing at uk with bazz or even worse, noel landing at gtown.

I would comment on your stupidity, but I'm impressed you almost formed a proper sentence. Just have to work on your run ons.
He did up, its glass half empty. Not half glass . The kid is the poster child for stupid.

I think deep down we are all very nervous about the prospect of noel landing at uk with bazz or even worse, noel landing at gtown.
I used to be. But I feel at peace with the trees we have returning, and dajuan.

these 8 days might drive bjorn up a wall

regardless with or without Noel we are still top 10 any way you slice it. With Noel we're top 3 IMO

I would rather Noel go to UK than Gtown. That being said, I still trust Jake's opinion when he stated it was Cuse then Gtown...then UK. Havent heard from him in a while though so hopefully things didnt change.

Noel's comments seem more specific and impressive when he mentions us in comparison to UK and Gtown. Gtown he talks about their Bigs, UK he talks about them and the NBA. With us he mentions Boeheim and Hop specifically, MCW specifically and calls it a "family" thing which he has said is important to him in almost every interview he has done. Also, Gtown and UK fans want to rip us because we might use him at the 4, but I would tell Noel, you're going to be a 4 in the NBA. What better way to develop your game than by playing the position you will translate to in the NBA?

that UK will land both Noel and Bazz come April 11. I know Noel has stated that he doesn't want to be the next Davis and it's like family here and whatever else, and Bazz more than likely thinks the same of MKG, but for the life of me I can't picture them not choosing UK.

As if the guy needed any more momentum, the national title along with having the probable 1 and 2 picks of the draft will be too much to beat him out for these guys. I know most don't like him, but the coaching job he did this year was utterly fantastic--I don't care how he got the kids there, the job he did when they arrived was superb. To have all that talent play as one and as hard as they do is an indictment of him.

Cal COULD be on the verge of turning UK into a dynasty. Noel and Bazz could easily step into the position of Davis and MKG w/o missing much of a beat. I know they'll lose other pieces, but I think Cal has proven he can replace 'stars' better than anybody else.

I hate that I just typed that.

Well, that certainly would be worst case scenario [i.e., UK landing both]. However, I do think that it is pretty unlikely.

I'm thinking that Shabazz will almost certainly end up at UCLA. Following in the footsteps of a team that just won the NC is probably less desirable than going there to help the team get over the hump, and UCLA offers a lot of amenities for a prospective one-and-done.

They're probably in better shape with Noel. And everything we've heard recently suggests that in actuality, they really might not be in that good of shape with Noel.

Nothing would surprise me at this point--and while it is possible that they could land both of those kids, I think a more likely scenario is that they don't land either, they're recruiting class they're bringing in is still pretty good [but not elite], and they drop off next season.

And we haven't even discussed the possibility of what happens if Cal jumps ship.

How bout you have a glass of whatever, then have a glass half empty of the samething then go kick some ricks on a bridge. Then go jump off that bridge

Lastly, proofread. You should be more humble and thank the board for the free education you're getting here as opposed to the prior institutions you've attended. ;)

How bout you have a glass of whatever, then have a glass half empty of the samething then go kick some ricks on a bridge. Then go jump off that bridge
Okay. I will do all of these things.

Getting Noel gives us a defensive juggernaut to anchor the zone ... but trades DJC's offensive threats & manly rebounds to get it. (unless you're wishfully banking on DJC handling the 4 because you're dreaming if you think Noel will play anything but the 5 on D)

Noel wouldn't be as much of a loss as people are thinking it would be because what we would lose in one area we would gain in another, and it's always impossible to know in April what your teams' strengths & weaknesses will be in December-March. Don't base your conclusions on the hollow recruit rankings.

Take hope in the other possibility, that neither Noel nor Bazz go to UK. They would be in kind of unfamiliar territory. I think without either they would take a big step backward.

I think Cal may want to avoid the whole drop back scenario and take off while the gettin' is good. This way when the one and done recruiting drawback shows its ugly head, Cal will be able to say it wasn't on his watch.

The risk of the whole one and done recruiting could blow up on him next year. It's a risky approach that may not be in the cards for UK next year. And Cal may well know it, and add to their woes by bolting.

I would comment on your stupidity, but I'm impressed you almost formed a proper sentence. Just have to work on your run ons.

"To have all that talent play as one and as hard as they do is an indictment of him."

indictment?

A scumbag recruiter got access to a program that sells itself. This was bound to happen, and will continue to until the NCAA steps in again, which isn't going to happen to a blueblood like UK.

I would rather Noel go to UK than Gtown. That being said, I still trust Jake's opinion when he stated it was Cuse then Gtown...then UK. Havent heard from him in a while though so hopefully things didnt change.

I'd rather Jake say we were first than not, but unless Jake is Noel, I have a hard time putting much stock in it.

A scumbag recruiter got access to a program that sells itself. This was bound to happen, and will continue to until the NCAA steps in again, which isn't going to happen to a blueblood like UK.

It wouldn't be the first time for Kentucky. Programs generally report themselves to avoid severe NCAA penalties. That may happen if there is enough "noise" out there. The NCAA probably won't investigate on their own though, based on rumors. It would have to be something that is pretty iron clad for either Kentucky to self report or the NCAA to step in.

Getting Noel gives us a defensive juggernaut to anchor the zone ... but trades DJC's offensive threats & manly rebounds to get it. (unless you're wishfully banking on DJC handling the 4 because you're dreaming if you think Noel will play anything but the 5 on D)

Noel wouldn't be as much of a loss as people are thinking it would be because what we would lose in one area we would gain in another, and it's always impossible to know in April what your teams' strengths & weaknesses will be in December-March. Don't base your conclusions on the hollow recruit rankings.
It does seem like a contrast in styles. Get Noel and mimic the '11-'12 Fab like defensive anchor style, or have DC2 and go '09-'10 AO like.

But it may not be either/or. JB would have to be flexible. First off, Noel did line up with DC2 at that all-star game and played the 4, so don't dismiss that possibility.
Secondly, in the AO days, a beefed up RJ played at the 4, so it's not out of realm of possibility that DC2 might be able to provide some minutes at the 4 in a similar fashion. True, DC2 might struggle a little on the D end, but with MCW, BT, and NN the rest of the D would be amazing.

The team will be fine without Noel. But getting Noel offers JB an additional excellent player to use.

Who pays Worl Wide Wes? Is he an agent, handler? Never understood his job description...

It wouldn't be the first time for Kentucky. Programs generally report themselves to avoid severe NCAA penalties. That may happen if there is enough "noise" out there. The NCAA probably won't investigate on their own though, based on rumors. It would have to be something that is pretty iron clad for either Kentucky to self report or the NCAA to step in.
Where are the Yahoo Sports on exposing this? Guess they're not interested in a real story. Of course there's so much $$$ involved in this maybe they're afraid of waking up dead.