Have to get Benny easy buckets | Syracusefan.com

Have to get Benny easy buckets

Cuse_NYC

Starter
Listen, I know many have already given up on him… the dude is massive and athletic. He has confidence issues. Why can’t we run the slip screens that we run for Jesse for Benny? Get him going and who knows.

You can't give up on your best athlete. He contributes enough with rebounding he's not going to disappear but Brown can certainly cut into his minutes. I have no explanation for why Benny has not been able to figure things out. If he's going to work from the perimeter then he will lose even more minutes and clog things up for people that can actually score from the perimeter. I can't wait for him to figure things out. Until then, depth is good.

This might sound nuts, but Benny might develop into our starting center next season.

He's got the height. Put on a little more muscle, work on his big man skills... maybe he's really a 5?
He’s only 6’8?

I just want to see him get his man off-balanced, or get a step on his man more. He gets contested a lot. Other than that I'm still happy with the rebounding Tyler Roberson type.
I think the biggest thing missing outside dribbling today, was the occasional explosive burst.
Some guys play like there isnt a defender on them at times, I get the feeling thats not Bennys game, Yet atleast.

Last edited:
I just want to see him get his man off-balanced, or get a step on his man more. He gets contested a lot. Other than that I'm still happy with the rebounding Tyler Roberson type.
I think the biggest thing missing outside dribbling today, was the occasional explosive burst.
Some guys play like there isnt a defender on them at times, I get the feeling thats not Bennys game, Yet atleast.
Agree as long as he gives up his long jumper for now. He may figure it out later, but if he keeps shooting it he will spend a lot of minutes on the bench.

He’s had plenty of time to figure it out. He had 3 travels tonight. 3. That’s elementary level basketball mistakes. I was expecting bad just bc of his relationship with coach and how up and down that truly is, but he looked terrible tonight and showed no improvement from last year. I can’t blame JB anymore. He needs to get better quickly. Sure it’s one game, but that game against that opponent, there were zero positives

He’s had plenty of time to figure it out. He had 3 travels tonight. 3. That’s elementary level basketball mistakes. I was expecting bad just bc of his relationship with coach and how up and down that truly is, but he looked terrible tonight and showed no improvement from last year. I can’t blame JB anymore. He needs to get better quickly. Sure it’s one game, but that game against that opponent, there were zero positives
He looked good against IUP, who honestly may be a better team than Lehigh.

Listen, I know many have already given up on him… the dude is massive and athletic. He has confidence issues. Why can’t we run the slip screens that we run for Jesse for Benny? Get him going and who knows.
Being athletic doesn’t equate to being a great basketball player, he has no basketball IQ.

He’s clearly overthinking it but I see Brown as a way more capable player and if Benny doesn’t get his act together I see him transferring by mid year. Benny is idk I just don’t know if this kid is really all that good and I think he’s a really nice kid but an air ball three? Idk

The guy had zero chance to prove himself last season. Can we give him a little time?

Brown seems to be figuring out in one game..sometimes it’s not a good fit

He’s clearly overthinking it but I see Brown as a way more capable player and if Benny doesn’t get his act together I see him transferring by mid year. Benny is idk I just don’t know if this kid is really all that good and I think he’s a really nice kid but an air ball three? Idk
Look, Brown may be fine down the road, but he is just laying the ball in, in fortunate situations.

Look, Brown may be fine down the road, but he is just laying the ball in, in fortunate situations.

Benny is airballing shots he has no business shooting. I like Benny but he will be given time now to prove if he is capable or not

Were you asleep last season. He had plenty of chances and, with the exception of Duke, came up empty.
Yes, I was asleep. I guess playing about 5 min in ACC games was a monster opportunity! Wake up yourself

Good post. Imo, the title says it all. Huge difference shooting 0-4 with a defender all over you, versus 3-7 with 5 boards from three effortless out-of-body buckets and an extra blocked shot. I think the latter is a solid foundation to build upon. Three simple words that need to change, "Nothing comes easy".

Also, this is new territory for this years Soph's., We were missing the speedster type last year to grow with. I remember how hard Brass, Griffin, Marek, and Guerrier were pushed the year before.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom