Have we ever had a QB end a game at 100% completion percentage? | Syracusefan.com

Have we ever had a QB end a game at 100% completion percentage?

Shrader's 17/17 is pretty impressive. Threw for a good number of yards too.
Today was a good outing for him in preparation for NC State. Good for him. He's been so clutch. Hopefully the coaches learned something that will help with the OL and running game as well. Tucker is too good a runner not to get the ball to in the open field. Hope he's ok.

I believe I saw that it was the first. I think I saw that McPherson had the previous record at 10/11 or something like that.

Those were with a minimum of 10 attempts.
Somebody could have had a 9 for 9 game, or fewer completions than that.

If you look back at the Schwarzwalder Era, there could have been a handful of games like that, where the QB went 7 for 7, etc.

I tried to look up the ncaa records for perfect passing games to see where last night night ranked. I’d like to know what the highest number of passes are to see how it compares. Can’t find anything except really great games with minimal incompletions.
I’m probably not asking google the right thing.

1664718067176.png

I hate playing what ifs (jk I love playing what ifs on a fan board) but I can't help but imagine how scary of a team we would be if combined with our much improved passing game, our running game was even 80% of what last year's was. We'd be a legit top 10 team.

I tried to look up the ncaa records for perfect passing games to see where last night night ranked. I’d like to know what the highest number of passes are to see how it compares. Can’t find anything except really great games with minimal incompletions.
I’m probably not asking google the right thing.
I know Zach Wilson had a game that was like 16/16 when he was at BYU.

In 2014, the Notre Dame QB had 25 consecutive completions against SU.
That was pretty impressive. My brain was bleeding at the time, but eight years later I can admit that it was impressive.

In 2014, the Notre Dame QB had 25 consecutive completions against SU.
That was pretty impressive. My brain was bleeding at the time, but eight years later I can admit that it was impressive.
I know Zach Wilson had a game that was like 16/16 when he was at BYU.
But did he eventually have an incompletion? And the Wilson stat proves my initial thought, what IS the most passes/completions in a perfect game?

But did he eventually have an incompletion? And the Wilson stat proves my initial thought, what IS the most passes/completions in a perfect game?
I found this, Wilson was actually 18 for 18 and holds the bowl pass completion percentage record now, taking it from Wake's immortal Riley Skinner who was once 11-11.

Doesn't say anything about who has ever been better than 18-18.

Didn't our qb go 15 for 15 against ucla back in 1967. Gary Beban the ucla qb had won the Heisman and people joked that the award should have gone to the Syracuse qb.

Didn't our qb go 15 for 15 against ucla back in 1967. Gary Beban the ucla qb had won the Heisman and people joked that the award should have gone to the Syracuse qb.
My memory doesn't go that far back.

Well, Little was gone by 1967, but Csonka was still there, so it's hard to imagine Ol' Ben would let Rick Cassata throw it 15 times. But that's a long time ago, so my personal memory does not recollect.

Well, Little was gone by 1967, but Csonka was still there, so it's hard to imagine Ol' Ben would let Rick Cassata throw it 15 times. But that's a long time ago, so my personal memory does not recollect.
The box score has to be out there somewhere. All I can find is that he out played Beban in the Hula Bowl. I can't find a box score.

Last edited:
1967 Hula Bowl Box Score: Bob Griese 14 of 21 for the North, Steve Spurrier 17 of 32, both for about 280 yards and a couple scores. Griese kicked a FG (!) for good measure.

On October 15th 1938, Wilmeth Sidat Singh went 7-8 for 187 yards and 3 touchdowns in the incredible come from behind victory over rival Cornell. A game that Syracuse super fan Don Waful called the greatest game he had ever seen. Singh did it all in the 4th quarter too. They had 0 passing yards through the first 3 quarters.

Didn’t find anything on completions, but came across a couple crazy other records.
Nebraska did not give up a sack in 1995.
Barry Sanders averaged 238 yards rushing a game for an entire season.
Some guy had a 99 yard punt.
Sanders had 4 games over 300 in 88… damn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom