Have we ever played Wake Forest? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Have we ever played Wake Forest?

Virginia is definitely a very dangerous team. They are 5-1 in ACC, and have convincingly won every ACC game so far... with the exception of a solid 4 point loss at Duke.

And we should beat Florida St and Maryland, but those are not gimmes on the road like BC and Virginia Tech.

My guess is we lose 3 the rest of the way. Which is perfectly fine - still gets us that #1. I think its great that we are getting our best ACC tests at the end of the year rather than the beginning.
I can't remember a team getting so much press having beaten no one. I'd love to see their "marquee" win. Dangerous, please...UVA/fsu/md blow. I'll grant you they're not as craptastic as vtech...

The site actually predicts us to go 7-5 over our remaining 12 games. I'd be really disappointed if that happens.

Those computer programs don't measure game management; they can't simulate control of a game and the ability / aptitude for making plays in the clutch. They can only measure the final score and the final statistics. We are not blowing people out - therefore we must not be that great. But over the years, the ability of Boeheim teams to win games with margins of 6 or less points is way above average.

We beat MSU 69-58 on 11/21/01 and Wake Forest 74-67 on 11/23 to with the Preseason NIT. I remember Craig Forth, as a freshman, having a great game passing the ball, a skill we didn't see that much of the rest of his career.

I can't remember a team getting so much press having beaten no one. I'd love to see their "marquee" win. Dangerous, please...UVA/fsu/md blow. I'll grant you they're not as craptastic as vtech...

Who cares if they have a "marquee win" that fits your standards They have played very well for the entire ACC season, and will be a test on the road.

Was Pitt not considered a test last week? They beat nobody as well, and gave us a good run for the money. And we Ennis'd it out. Heck, Pitt still does not have a "marquee" win. Using your logic, why is the Pitt game on the road difficult? It should be pretty easy as well right.

What about Miami - they have no marquee win, but gave us a nice little run today (and last time). And they are not nearly as good as Virginia.

I am not saying Virginia is better than us. No we are clearly better. But they can certainly test us in one game on their home court.

Last edited:
The acc is garbage. Wake/UVA are laughable.

I have to disagree with this. While I think we'll win these games, the ACC is not garbage. Sure UNC is really bad this year, Pitt/Duke/UVA/Wake/Clemson are likely tournament teams...I wouldn't be surprised to see 6 ACC teams in the tournament. Very similar to the Big East where the top of the league is clearly better than the middle and bottom.

I could see 8-4. One reason. Road Games.
I'll be disappointed if we go 11-1.
I'm in a conundrum here :-/

Are you kidding me?

What is it with SU fans and the tendency to lack confidence. 12-0, 11-1 at worse.

Are you kidding me?

What is it with SU fans and the tendency to lack confidence. 12-0, 11-1 at worse.

Duke/Pitt/UVA on the road scare me. The rest really don't. 12-0 is not impossible. I think we win at UVA. But I'm not sure about Cameron and PEC. On the other hand, this team seems to know how to win close games. I think the glass is more full than empty!

Who cares if they have a "marquee win" that fits your standards They have played very well for the entire ACC season, and will be a test on the road.

Was Pitt not considered a test last week? They beat nobody as well, and gave us a good run for the money. And we Ennis'd it out. Heck, Pitt still does not have a "marquee" win. Using your logic, why is the Pitt game on the road difficult? It should be pretty easy as well right.

What about Miami - they have no marquee win, but gave us a nice little run today (and last time). And they are not nearly as good as Virginia.

I am not saying Virginia is better than us. No we are clearly better. But they can certainly test us in one game on their home court.
I watch enough basketball to be able to determine Pitt is better than UVA. Although as I noted in the game thread Pitt isn't very good either. Don't look lie a second weekend team.

It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.
Seriously road game, WF has some size, these yahoos don't get a rep picking favorites.
JD's Tyler Cavanaugh is starting for Wake now.

There is no column in the RPI tables that has a heading of "Ennis quotient"

To who? Duke and Pitt maybe...who else?
Virginia and "one random out of nowhere how the hell did that happen Road game", i.e. Rutgers 2003. Only because of the Road game. Perfect storm, crap refs, hostile crowd, we have a bullseye on our back. We really haven't had that combo yet strong enuf to take us down. Has nothing to do with our ability. It's kind of nature of the beast.

I tried to forget about his tenure. :) So does Otto.
Tell ya though, that Daily Orange article about him after his tenure was incredible reading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom