Have we ever played Wake Forest? | Syracusefan.com

Have we ever played Wake Forest?

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
I honestly can't recall SU ever playing Wake Forest. It's the only team on our schedule that I'm unsure of playing in the past. Have the two teams met in the last 30 years?

Yes we beat them in the big apple nit probably 11-12 years ago

I honestly can't recall SU ever playing Wake Forest. It's the only team on our schedule that I'm unsure of playing in the past. Have the two teams met in the last 30 years?
Off the top of my head, weren't we in an NYC thanksgiving tourney with them, Michigan state and Fresno state in 2001? Was there but sadly have no recall of who played who.

We played them Hak's freshman year, in the championship game of a preseason tournament. Game was at MSG. Pretty good team that year as I recall [they had Darius Songalia, who was a senior]. What I remember is that their strategy was to double team with Hak's man, which left Warrick wide open for about 4 dunks in the first two minutes, before they abandoned that defensive strategy.

Was MeShaun Williams on that team or am I way off?

We beat sparty and wake to win the title that season

I tried to forget about his tenure. :) So does Otto.

haha, I walked by the old 44's after the Pitt game, and I said to my buddy "hey, that was where Otto got his ass kicked"

haha, I walked by the old 44's after the Pitt game, and I said to my buddy "hey, that was where Otto got his ass kicked"

Got HER ass kicked! :eek::eek::rolling:couchburn:oops::rolleyes::bang:

I remember Shumpert having a big game, Wake had Josh Howard I believe.

JarHeadJim said:
Wake is a good team at home. It's going to a huge test for us on Wednesday night!
The acc is garbage. Wake/UVA are laughable.

Realtimerpi predicts us to lose @Wake.
It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.
Seriously road game, WF has some size, these yahoos don't get a rep picking favorites.

It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.
Seriously road game, WF has some size, these yahoos don't get a rep picking favorites.
The site actually predicts us to go 7-5 over our remaining 12 games. I'd be really disappointed if that happens.

Wake is a good team at home. It's going to a huge test for us on Wednesday night!
They have size. Whether its "good" size or not who knows. Their 3's potential doesn't appear to be as high as others we've played, but neither was Miami's. I think WF is a team we want attempting 3's, we pack the zone.

I could see 8-4. One reason. Road Games.
I'll be disappointed if we go 11-1.
I'm in a conundrum here :-/
We haven't lost on the road yet, what would give you any indication we are capable of losing on the road in the future? ;)

LennX6 said:
I could see 8-4. One reason. Road Games. I'll be disappointed if we go 11-1. I'm in a conundrum here :-/
To who? Duke and Pitt maybe...who else?

To who? Duke and Pitt maybe...who else?

Virginia is definitely a very dangerous team. They are 5-1 in ACC, and have convincingly won every ACC game so far... with the exception of a solid 4 point loss at Duke.

And we should beat Florida St and Maryland, but those are not gimmes on the road like BC and Virginia Tech.

My guess is we lose 3 the rest of the way. Which is perfectly fine - still gets us that #1. I think its great that we are getting our best ACC tests at the end of the year rather than the beginning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom