Haven't been excited about football in January for a long, long time... | Syracusefan.com

Haven't been excited about football in January for a long, long time...

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
How great is it to be excited about Syracuse football in January? I know there was a post recently that stated the same thing, but it really is something how there is so much activity on this board this close to the end of the year.

Usually, after a season there is a dormancy period until spring practice starts. People tend to focus on basketball, then lacrosse and then towards the end of the summer things start to pick up.

Haven't had this feeling since the McNabb years. So pumped to be back and relevant again.

I can’t remember the last time a player has entered a season with as great of expectations as Tommy DeVito or Alton Robinson.

Tommy’s helped by the immortal reverence Cuse Nation will always have for Dungey, it’s hard to imagine not having some major hiccups replacing him.

Wow! I'm curious, did Dana lose more hair after the 6th time viewing than the other previous? ;):)
IKR. He's a mess the whole game - profanity, teeth-gnashing, tantrums ... total Schadenfreude experience watching him. I get that he missed his QB. But the announcers spent way too much time apologizing for WVU.

Last edited:
I can’t remember the last time a player has entered a season with as great of expectations as Tommy DeVito or Alton Robinson.

Tommy’s helped by the immortal reverence Cuse Nation will always have for Dungey, it’s hard to imagine not having some major hiccups replacing him.
Tommy had 4 wisdom teeth out today hope it doesn’t make him dumber !!! Lol he recovering well. He has trained his whole life for this he will be fine on the field as well

Tommy had 4 wisdom teeth out today hope it doesn’t make him dumber !!! Lol he recovering well. He has trained his whole life for this he will be fine on the field as well
I have no doubt! Im not trying to pile on pressure. I made my comment more to add to the unusual, no longer cautious, optimism heading into the off season. Anyone who watched the 4th quarter vs UNC saw what they needed to. Feel as if we’re about to see a team full of “Dino’s guys” for the first time now, outside of Moe.

I have no doubt! Im not trying to pile on pressure. I made my comment more to add to the unusual, no longer cautious, optimism heading into the off season. Anyone who watched the 4th quarter vs UNC saw what they needed to. Feel as if we’re about to see a team full of “Dino’s guys” for the first time now, outside of Moe.

I stay on this board to share football stuff , I can’t give away things or talk about players or coaches . Everyone is entitled to there opinions I don’t sweat them because most are wrong due to not knowing inside stuff and that’s ok . Also I’m not thin skinned or offended by criticism it comes with the territory. It’s gonna b a long off season, I need this stuff .

I stay on this board to share football stuff , I can’t give away things or talk about players or coaches . Everyone is entitled to there opinions I don’t sweat them because most are wrong due to not knowing inside stuff and that’s ok . Also I’m not thin skinned or offended by criticism it comes with the territory. It’s gonna b a long off season, I need this stuff .

Any thoughts you’re able to share on the redshirted freshmen WR’s from the 2018 class?

If Tommy says anything crazy coming out of anesthesia, could you post a video of it here? That'd be great.;)

Definitely more good times ahead... and it's a good thing. Time for some younger generations to experience a fun football product in the dome. Seeing that wave circle the dome like the the old days was sure fun for my son. Putting a good product on the field has multiple ripple effects.

It's a bit crazy how excited I STILL am about football, even with the season over and the spring game even being 15 weeks or so away (even the February signing day is over a month away). Like Bees, I too haven't left cloud 9. I keep checking back in to see about offseason news, new commits, transfers, coaching departures (whether among conference rivals or programs which are a threat to take Dino), I don't want to wish 8 months of my life away but I cannot wait for the 2019 football season to begin!

i will be more excited once they actually tell us what the parking situation will be next year

If Tommy says anything crazy coming out of anesthesia, could you post a video of it here? That'd be great.;)
My wife was there she said it was hillarious but didn’t Video it