Haven't heard this mentioned yet in regards to the T's | Syracusefan.com

Haven't heard this mentioned yet in regards to the T's

OburgCuse

Starter
This may have been discussed in another thread, but I've been on only a little bit today and haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet.

Does anybody know when the first T was called? Based on the TV I only saw the T when JB was obviously out in the middle of the court and that was the 2nd one that tossed him (unless they decided to give him 2 at same time). Lots of people including national media are getting on him about the tantrum and such but if they had already given him the initial T for saying bullshite or something the rest of it is a moot point and game over after 2 shots and the ball to Duke. Even Vitale and Bilas thought it was only one T that they saw initially and were a little surprised that he had been tossed. So I guess I'm just wondering if they gave him a quick T at end of game and that fueled him exploding (even though he hadn't mentioned that) and thus giving them his full mind.

I interpreted it as the first T and then the ejection signal was indicative of the second T. That's what I thought because I didn't see the first T (if there was one). :noidea:

I interpreted it as the first T and then the ejection signal was indicative of the second T. That's what I thought because I didn't see the first T (if there was one). :noidea:

Yeah I wondered if this was the case and is probably correct otherwise I would have thought there would have been a bigger deal about it. If that was it then they were pretty close to each other, but I guess being out in the middle of the court does that to ya

Yeah I wondered if this was the case and is probably correct otherwise I would have thought there would have been a bigger deal about it. If that was it then they were pretty close to each other, but I guess being out in the middle of the court does that to ya

I wasn't counting the foul shots during the last few seconds of the game, but this article quotes C. J. Fair as saying that Duke made 3 of 4 free throws after the technical fouls were called. Here's my question -- if JB was called for two technical fouls, and C. J. was called for a charge, shouldn't Duke have gotten six free throws, rather than four?

OburgCuse said:
This may have been discussed in another thread, but I've been on only a little bit today and haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet. Does anybody know when the first T was called? Based on the TV I only saw the T when JB was obviously out in the middle of the court and that was the 2nd one that tossed him (unless they decided to give him 2 at same time). Lots of people including national media are getting on him about the tantrum and such but if they had already given him the initial T for saying bullshite or something the rest of it is a moot point and game over after 2 shots and the ball to Duke. Even Vitale and Bilas thought it was only one T that they saw initially and were a little surprised that he had been tossed. So I guess I'm just wondering if they gave him a quick T at end of game and that fueled him exploding (even though he hadn't mentioned that) and thus giving them his full mind.
It was either the first second third or fourth BULLSHAT

I wasn't counting the foul shots during the last few seconds of the game, but this article quotes C. J. Fair as saying that Duke made 3 of 4 free throws after the technical fouls were called. Here's my question -- if JB was called for two technical fouls, and C. J. was called for a charge, shouldn't Duke have gotten six free throws, rather than four?
Charges aren't FTs.

I think coming onto the floor like that is an automatic tech, but I'm not sure.

No... In the Syracuse U highlights you see the 1st T and Matt Park makes reference of it.

It was quick IMO... but he didnt appear to be slowing down at that point... so he was getting it either way. I'll post link in a few.

I thought... technical was called due to incessant swearing/running onto the court... Boeheim argued more continued to swear because of technical, therefore, other technical/ejection was called.

I thought... technical was called due to incessant swearing/running onto the court... Boeheim argued more continued to swear because of technical, therefore, other technical/ejection was called.

probably correct... but TV didn't show or make mention of the 1st tech. That was the OP's question/point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom