hbo max | Syracusefan.com

hbo max

upperdeck

Living Legend
interesting content but the ability to watch TCM is pretty cool. some real classics like Casablanca and Citizen Cane but also charlie chaplan, a bunch of the Godzilla movies, a bunch of foreign classics like The Hidden Fortress, osake ELegy
some movies like Safety Last that are hard to find.

just a really good list of classics

interesting content but the ability to watch TCM is pretty cool. some real classics like Casablanca and Citizen Cane but also charlie chaplan, a bunch of the Godzilla movies, a bunch of foreign classics like The Hidden Fortress, osake ELegy
some movies like Safety Last that are hard to find.

just a really good list of classics

Yeah I'm pleasantly surprised with the content increase. Not just the quantity but the variety.

Unfortunately it doesn't work with Amazon & Roku yet because they are still in negotiations on revenue sharing. So I can watch on my iPad but not on TV.

Is it worth the 14.99 a month? I just finished rewatching the Sopranos. Is hbo max better than Netflix?

Last edited:
Is it worth the 14.99 a month? I just finished researching the Sopranos. Is hbo max better than Netflix?

I would say yes to worth it. Some of the best series’ ever, with super high production values.

Not better or worse, just different. Netflix updates their content weekly, much more than HBO. I’ve been surprised at how much I enjoyed some Netflix produced series and movies. Lower budget but lots of variety.

I would say yes to worth it. Some of the best series’ ever, with super high production values.

Not better or worse, just different. Netflix updates their content weekly, much more than HBO. I’ve been surprised at how much I enjoyed some Netflix produced series and movies. Lower budget but lots of variety.
Other than the Sopranos what shows would you recommend?

Other than the Sopranos what shows would you recommend?

On HBO?

Boardwalk Empire
Westworld
Newsroom
Watchmen
Game of Thrones
Chernobyl
True Blood
The Wire
Big Little Lies
His Dark Materials
Deadwood
Avenue 5
Band of Brothers
Catherine the Great
Arli$$
Entourage
Olive Kitteridge
True Detective

So many more that I haven’t watched yet. And I haven’t watched The Sopranos...yet.

Last edited:
On HBO?

Boardwalk Empire
Westworld
Newsroom
Watchmen
Game of Thrones
Chernobyl
True Blood
The Wire
Big Little Lies
His Dark Materials
Deadwood
Avenue 5
Band of Brothers
Catherine the Great
Arli$$
Entourage
Olive Kitteridge
True Detective

So many more that I haven’t watched yet. And I haven
I just finished Chernobyl very good miniseries.

free if you have some HBO thru other means.. my Directv acct makes it free for me at least for the first yr. once they get the thing on a firestick or Roku its a wash, $15 on directv or streaming.

On HBO?

Boardwalk Empire
Westworld
Newsroom
Watchmen
Game of Thrones
Chernobyl
True Blood
The Wire
Big Little Lies
His Dark Materials
Deadwood
Avenue 5
Band of Brothers
Catherine the Great
Arli$$
Entourage
Olive Kitteridge
True Detective

So many more that I haven’t watched yet. And I haven’t watched The Sopranos...yet.
Can you also still get
Eastbound & Down
Flight of the Conchords
Bored to Death
Barry
?

What about much older shows like The Mind of the Married Man?

Can you also still get
Eastbound & Down
Flight of the Conchords
Bored to Death
Barry
?

What about much older shows like The Mind of the Married Man?

Yes to the first four. Didn’t see the last one on their listings. A small number of shows or movies aren’t available because they are in contract to other streaming services. Not sure what the story is on Minf of the Married Man.

Again, I was surprised at the increase in content.

For those of you who are Spectrum Silver package subscribers, HBO Max is part of that package. I didn't realize that until today but I got an email from Spectrum about it and was able to log in using my Spectrum account.

On HBO?

Boardwalk Empire
Westworld
Newsroom
Watchmen
Game of Thrones
Chernobyl
True Blood
The Wire
Big Little Lies
His Dark Materials
Deadwood
Avenue 5
Band of Brothers
Catherine the Great
Arli$$
Entourage
Olive Kitteridge
True Detective

I'd recommend Sopranos... for you.

From HBO I'd also recommend:

Curb your Enthusiasm
Veep (funniest show I think I've ever seen)
Barry
Silicon Valley (at least the TJ Miller years).
Six Feet Under
Vice Principals (season 1)
and, I'm probably not supposed to say this as a male, but Sex & The City is very good. Kinda started it all.

For those of you who are Spectrum Silver package subscribers, HBO Max is part of that package. I didn't realize that until today but I got an email from Spectrum about it and was able to log in using my Spectrum account.

They still don't have an HBOMAX app for the Firestick, so I'm stuck watching on a laptop.

I'd recommend Sopranos... for you.

From HBO I'd also recommend:

Curb your Enthusiasm
Veep (funniest show I think I've ever seen)
Barry
Silicon Valley (at least the TJ Miller years).
Six Feet Under
Vice Principals (season 1)
and, I'm probably not supposed to say this as a male, but s e x & The City is very good. Kinda started it all.

Does Millhouse know about Sex and the City?

I got same email. So I feel dumb asking this question but when I go to the Spectrum icon on my TV why don't I see anything that says HBO Max.

I got same email. So I feel dumb asking this question but when I go to the Spectrum icon on my TV why don't I see anything that says HBO Max.

Streaming only.

Streaming only.

Obviously not catering to the Spectrum Silver level customers who probably just want to watch TV and don't want to deal with streaming. I have one TV with a box, one I watch through Roku and one Sharp Smart TV that says it is a Roku TV and operares pretty close to the one I watch through Roku. Needless to say I won't be watching HBO Max even though I get it free.

not catering to anyone who wants to stream it easily, still a fight over money

The Wire, Curb, The Sopranos, and I’m sure many others, aren’t included on Amazon Prime Video anymore. I’m assuming this is why?

The Wire, Curb, The Sopranos, and I’m sure many others, aren’t included on Amazon Prime Video anymore. I’m assuming this is why?

Yes all those are included on HBO Max.