HCSS on WFAN with Francesa | Syracusefan.com

HCSS on WFAN with Francesa

iommi

Living Legend
Just caught a great interview with HCSS with Mike Francesa. I started listening a few seconds late so I missed the beginning but knew it was our guy when he was giving Francesa his résumé.

He talked about his coaching stops and Mike asked him a lot about Stanford. Mike asked him about the ACC challenge ahead and playing in places like Death Valley and at FSU and HCSS brought up the Dome and said his, "we're gonna lock the door behind them and try to beat the hell out of them."

Mike talked a little about Pugh and Nassib and of course HCSS sung their praises as athletes and players.

Mike asked if we had a qb and Shafer said that we have a couple of guys who will be competing.

He also talked about being very proud of the Pinstripe win and repping NY State. He said beating Geno a third time was a challenge but he said the defense's motto was "three strikes and you're out"-- meaning three downs and out.

He really emphasized SU's football and academic tradition, as did Mike.

He also said that he was intimidated by JB but he's found him to be a great guy and golfed with him recently.

He plugged the Penn State game and hyped it up.

He mentioned his new coaches and said that he's going to let his coaches coach.

I'd be more detailed but iPad typing sucks.

----

EDIT: I'm off the iPad now...so I can add that he did a great job emphasizing the program and the school without seeming like he memorized talking points. His plug of the PSU game was great, pointing out that it's an old school rivalry being renewed and how some of his coaches like Rob Moore played against Penn State and really want to win this game badly.

He also talked about how getting players who can run is important and a big emphasis...just noticed that Orange79 added a podcast link, so I'm not sure why I'm typing this...
:)

Just caught a great interview with HCSS with Mike Francesa. I started listening a few seconds late so I missed the beginning but knew it was our guy when Francesa was giving his résumé.

He talked about his coaching stops and Mike asked him a lot about Stanford. Mike asked him about the ACC challenge ahead and playing in places like Death Valley and at FSU and HCSS brought up the Dome and said his, "we're gonna lock the door behind them and try to beat the hell out of them."

Mike talked a little about Pugh and Nassib and of course HCSS sung their praises as athletes and players.

Mike asked if we had a qb and Shafer said that we have a couple of guys who will be competing.

He also talked about being very proud of the Pinstripe win and repping NY State. He said beating Geno a third time was a challenge but he said the defense's motto was "three strikes and you're out"-- meaning three downs and out.

He really emphasized SU's football and academic tradition, as did Mike.

He also said that he was intimidated by JB but he's found him to be a great guy and golfed with him recently.

He plugged the Penn State game and hyped it up.

He mentioned his new coaches and said that he's going to let his coaches coach.

I'd be more detailed but iPad typing sucks.
Thanks for the recap. I looked on the WFAN page, They used to post interviews, but all I could find was Listen Live links.

I looked on the WFAN page, They used to post interviews, but all I could find was Listen Live links.

Well, then I think you've lost the right to call yourself Internet Sleuth.

Well, then I think you've lost the right to call yourself Internet Sleuth.
Unless, of course, they don't post them anymore. Then, I can claim I have searched to the end of the internet, without finding them. Internet Sleuth lives! ;)

Thanks for the re-cap, iommi.

"Three strikes and your out" motto, I think, referred to the fact that SU was going to beat this team for the 3rd time in a row, all as an underdog. Three strikes, you're out - we are the better team. Sounds just like something SS would come up with.

I think SS being himself - is going to get us a lot of very good press over the next few years. The guy is an impressive interview. He knows his Cuse too.

i think Mike enjoyed talking to him. if Syracuse was smart, somebody is asking Mike if he can come on again, maybe right after the Ft Drum trip (is there one?) and again during the week of ped st.

2 appearances right before the game would be nice PR.

HS kids likely dont listen, but this is about selling tickets and letting HS 'Coaches' know, Syracuse is active in NYC/NJ/LI/CT.

Oh Lord

The thing about Scott is he loves what he is doing, and you can tell that every-time he speaks. His father being a High School coach all those years, kept him grounded so he understands how to interact with coaches, and respects them, which will help in recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom