HE GONE...... | Syracusefan.com

HE GONE......

well-i-do-declare.jpg

a little mouse with clogs on...
who saw that coming ?

I'm amazed it took this long.

I thought he'd be gone three weeks ago.

Up next?

Mike Riley of Nebraska and Brett Beilma of Arkansas?

Those firings should be announced within the next few hours - it would seem.

Neal Brown Troy football coach is my guess. 36 and an offensive minded coach and knows the South, beat LSU this year and is 8-2 right now

Clawson could do big things at Tennessee. I don't like the guy but there is no question that he has built a solid team at Wake using the Scott Shafer plan. Find the under valued recruits and coach them up. Something Shafer aspired to but couldn't deliver.

Clawson could do big things at Tennessee. I don't like the guy but there is no question that he has built a solid team at Wake using the Scott Shafer plan. Find the under valued recruits and coach them up. Something Shafer aspired to but couldn't deliver.
Shafer wishes he could have recruited as well as Clawson.

Clawson has gotten a couple of 4 star commits and has had a clear majority 3 star recruits.

I wish Shafer could have delivered Clawson recruiting classes.

I'm amazed it took this long.

I thought he'd be gone three weeks ago.

Up next?

Mike Riley of Nebraska and Brett Beilma of Arkansas?

Those firings should be announced within the next few hours - it would seem.

Riley is toast his team has quit on him, not sure about Beilma, could get another year.

Clawson has gotten a couple of 4 star commits and has had a clear majority 3 star recruits.

Yeah but Shafer always recruited team captains

Irv, Ish, Dungey... Weren't they Shafer recruits?

Greg Robinson got Nassib, Chandler Jones, Pugh, Lemon.

Your point? The depth of his classes were 2 star kids. Shafer admited he preferred 2 star kids who were tough over 4 star talent.

I think my point was pretty clear.

Irv, Ish, Dungey... Weren't they Shafer recruits?

This isn’t college basketball you need a hell of a lot more than a handful of good recruits. There is little upperclass talent overall and very little NFL talent.

Greg Robinson got Nassib, Chandler Jones, Pugh, Lemon.

Your point? The depth of his classes were 2 star kids. Shafer admited he preferred 2 star kids who were tough over 4 star talent.

He admitted that once he figured out 4 Star kids who could qualify would laugh at him when he tried

If you want to claim Shafer’s recruiting was good be my guest to die on that hill.

You're putting words in my mouth. I merely responded to the comment above implying that Shafer couldn't recruit. His classes were improving, and were it not for the fact that he was being run out of town, that would have continued in my opinion. Not a Shafer apologist, and I'm not looking to debate whether he was a good head coach (he wasn't), but he did bring in some playmakers.

You're putting words in my mouth. I merely responded to the comment above implying that Shafer couldn't recruit. His classes were improving, and were it not for the fact that he was being run out of town, that would have continued in my opinion. Not a Shafer apologist, and I'm not looking to debate whether he was a good head coach (he wasn't), but he did bring in some playmakers.
Scott Shafer was not a good recruiter.
If you want to cite 3 players fine. The fact is our entire classes were not filled with quality P5 talent.

Yes he did. I looove DINO and his offensive staff and hope they are here til the end of time!!! Thing is , dino needs to replace ish and Erv. 2 non recruits. And tell you the truth, i dont see the 2 receivers in Dinos 2 years of recruiting that are gonna replace these guys. Thought butler had a chance but not after that alligator arm performance last night. We are waaaaayyyyy too casual on this board about replacing ish and Erv as well as zaire and parris on D. All previous staff recruits. I know DINO has recruited lb talent , problem is that talent needs to hit home immediately next year.

Scott Shafer was not a good recruiter.
If you want to cite 3 players fine. The fact is our entire classes were not filled with quality P5 talent.

I'm not sure if you cannot follow what I said or if you simply refuse to. Either way, I'm finished with you.

Fine by me you proved nothing but showed 3 players that don’t make a coach a good recruiter.

I know I said I was done, but your lack of ability to comprehend leaves me no choice. Tell me please. WHERE DID I SAY HE WAS A GOOD RECRUITER???????? Are you a syracuse.com poster? You seem like it. Looking to pick fights with anyone and everyone. A little research on your activity clearly proves that. That said, Dungey, Cordy. Custis, Zaire, Paris... Now run along and pick a fight with someone else young man.

I'm not sure if you cannot follow what I said or if you simply refuse to. Either way, I'm finished with you.

Don't try, its futile. There is a faction of homers on here that dont tolerate any dino criticism. In their eyes, DINO criticism = Shafer supporter. Yup, not fair and makes no sense. I LOVE dino and most of his staff, but he needs to take heat with in game scheming as fact of the matter is, he and his staff got wiped off the map by Clawson at the half. But, all the homers here who hated Shafer, won't go there.

I know I said I was done, but your lack of ability to comprehend leaves me no choice. Tell me please. WHERE DID I SAY HE WAS A GOOD RECRUITER???????? Are you a syracuse.com poster? You seem like it. Looking to pick fights with anyone and everyone. A little research on your activity clearly proves that. That said, Dungey, Cordy. Custis, Zaire, Paris... Now run along and pick a fight with someone else young man.
Have a good night not going to bother to respond beyond saying the premise of your first post was listing 3 recruits to dispute the point I made.
If that wasn’t defending Shafer’s recruiting then your post had no point.

I'm sensing that Scott Shafer is going to get a G5 head coaching job this off season. Maybe UCF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom