Heading to Napa in October | Syracusefan.com

Heading to Napa in October

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
First time I've been there, and I would love some recommendations from folks who've been there recently for the wife and I.

Thanks!

If you get over just a tetch to the west to Sonoma, I'm fond of Kunde Family Estates. Their old vine zin is wonderful. Also Rodney Strong Vineyards, both cabs and merlots. If you go a couple of hours south of SF to Paso Robles, it's all good down there, J Lohr cab especially.

Get one of these:

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books...aign=goo-PLATest&gclid=CL7u68-B7MACMgodcS0A2Q

He's rarely off the mark

We've always like to go to the Cheese Factory on the main square in Sonoma. You can sample a goodly number of them before buying.

If you are going to go to Paso Robles and you haven't been to Hearst Castle in San Simeon, I highly, highly, highly recommend it. Place will blow you away. It's worth a day trip.

My gf and I did the SF down the coast to OC drive last year, that was one of the highlights for me.

First time I've been there, and I would love some recommendations from folks who've been there recently for the wife and I.

Thanks!

Went there last summer and stayed four nights at The Farmhouse Inn while traveling the West Coast. The Inn was gorgeous and had a fantastic restaurant.

I think that you're gonna find good wineries where ever you end up going, so I won't waste my time on that -- my suggestion is to take a day to travel the coast and if you can head up to the Eureka area for a day or two to hike the redwoods, I'd suggest that as well.

I honestly don't remember a lot of the winery names we went to. It was either the booze or that there were so many good ones that none are sticking out at the moment.

Auberge du Soleil had awesome views for lunch or dinner, but had a very upscale atmosphere that wasn't my style.

Lots of good outdoor activities in the Russian River Valley too -- hiking, biking, and kayaking. I'm sure you can find that anywhere in wine country though.

Hope that helps a little. You're gonna have a blast -- enjoy it!!!

Went there last summer and stayed four nights at The Farmhouse Inn while traveling the West Coast. The Inn was gorgeous and had a fantastic restaurant.

I think that you're gonna find good wineries where ever you end up going, so I won't waste my time on that -- my suggestion is to take a day to travel the coast and if you can head up to the Eureka area for a day or two to hike the redwoods, I'd suggest that as well.

I honestly don't remember a lot of the winery names we went to. It was either the booze or that there were so many good ones that none are sticking out at the moment.

Auberge du Soleil had awesome views for lunch or dinner, but had a very upscale atmosphere that wasn't my style.

Lots of good outdoor activities in the Russian River Valley too -- hiking, biking, and kayaking. I'm sure you can find that anywhere in wine country though.

Hope that helps a little. You're gonna have a blast -- enjoy it!!!

Very cool. thanks a ton. The farmhouse is booked, but I'll look into the restaurant there as well.

Any ideas on Eureka for staying? I have to stay the following weekend for work as well and was looking at that for a destination.

Appreciate it!

Very cool. thanks a ton. The farmhouse is booked, but I'll look into the restaurant there as well.

Any ideas on Eureka for staying? I have to stay the following weekend for work as well and was looking at that for a destination.

Appreciate it!

The Carter House in Eureka was great. I gotta say though, if you're gonna make the drive to and through the redwoods, you gotta do it in a convertible! It adds so much to the trip (though I was there in August and not in October, not sure how the weather will vary).

Thanks!
My daughter achieved the title Sommelier this past spring. Before that she was a grad of the Culinary Institute of America. She spent some time in Napa about a year ago. You interested in restaurants or wineries? I can ask her.

My daughter achieved the title Sommelier this past spring. Before that she was a grad of the Culinary Institute of America. She spent some time in Napa about a year ago. You interested in restaurants or wineries? I can ask her.

Both, please.

Made our reservations today. Staying in St. Helena for two nights and decided to hit the beach for 2 nights - Bodega Bay. Opus , if you can give me some recommendations in that area for both wine and food, I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks!

Made our reservations today. Staying in St. Helena for two nights and decided to hit the beach for 2 nights - Bodega Bay. Opus , if you can give me some recommendations in that area for both wine and food, I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks!

Hey, thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about this. Sorry about that. :)

As it is my, daughter is in Italy right now on some wine expedition (I call it a tour) for her job. She did respond this afternoon to my e-mail I sent her yesterday. It was rather short (not like her) but she is rather busy. She said if she finds time she will embellish later. She recommended any of these.

Wineries
Cakebread Cellars
Sequoia Grove
Domaine Carneros
Benziger Family Winery

Restaurants
The Restaurant at Meadowood
The French Laundry (will be hard to get a reservation on short notice)

Hope this helps.

Both, please.
Book a table at the CIA in Napa and then tour nearby Beringer Estates. Interesting trivia about Beringer Estates - it was allowed to stay open during prohibition because the owner got an agreement with the Catholic Church to produce wine for Sunday communion services in the U.S.

Mustards...great place. Auberge du Soleil, great dinner and a nice view.

Beringer is a good tour. Pine Ridge, Hess, many others. Just do some research and if you can get some private tours, go for it. Nothing like drinking from the casks.

I need to go back.

Mustards...great place. Auberge du Soleil, great dinner and a nice view.

Beringer is a good tour. Pine Ridge, Hess, many others. Just do some research and if you can get some private tours, go for it. Nothing like drinking from the casks.

I need to go back.

Leaving at break of dawn tomorrow.

Thanks for all the great recommendations guys! I really appreciate it.

Hey, thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about this. Sorry about that. :)

As it is my, daughter is in Italy right now on some wine expedition (I call it a tour) for her job. She did respond this afternoon to my e-mail I sent her yesterday. It was rather short (not like her) but she is rather busy. She said if she finds time she will embellish later. She recommended any of these.

Wineries
Cakebread Cellars
Sequoia Grove
Domaine Carneros
Benziger Family Winery

Restaurants
The Restaurant at Meadowood
The French Laundry (will be hard to get a reservation on short notice)

Hope this helps.
Heh funny my wife and I were there 10 years ago or so and went to cakebread and LOVED it. Always wondered if others did too. We liked Mondavi also. After that we were too drunk to remember

The wife and I ate here and loved it. Restaurant | Long Meadow Ranch

I'll try to add other details from the trip, maybe after this thread is moved to the Travel Forum... hint... hint... ahem!

Incorrect.
a. I've used it before.
b. It's the wrong one. Comic Sans is the correct sarcasm font.

Yes, but that was before Comic Sans became the official font. And look at that date - 2014....

Just sayin', he's an early adopter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom