Heads up for YouTube TV Subscribers! | Syracusefan.com

Heads up for YouTube TV Subscribers!

Hoo's That

Living Legend
YouTube TV's contract with Disney ends this Friday, the 17th. If they can't sign a new one before then all Disney-owned channels will be dropped until the new contract is signed. That includes all of the ESPNs, the ACC Network, and the SEC Network. As a small consolation, YouTube TV will reduce its monthly rate by $15 until service is restored.

YouTube TV's contract with Disney ends this Friday, the 17th. If they can't sign a new one before then all Disney-owned channels will be dropped until the new contract is signed. That includes all of the ESPNs, the ACC Network, and the SEC Network. As a small consolation, YouTube TV will reduce its monthly rate by $15 until service is restored.

These streamers are now becoming just as expensive as the ISPs. They get people to switch then jack up the prices. I live 10 miles from yankee stadium and I can’t even get the Yes network.

Same thing happened with NBCUniversal in late September. The contract was temporarily extended before a deal was reached without a loss of coverage. I expect the same this time around.

Thanks for the heads up. If they can't sign the deal I will be reducing my monthly rate by more then 15 bucks. More like 64.99. What other streaming services carry ACCN? I beleive the direct tv stream for 84.99 a month does and that might be the way to go. And they have YES

it you have Disney plus with espn plus and Hulu you get all espns plus abc sports content. Having said that, I expect it to go the same route as the nbc negotiations. That would have sucked more because of bravo which has top chef.

Google sucks. They send out a letter blaming Disney. They did the same with Roku. If there was a better alternative, I'd switch.

Google sucks. They send out a letter blaming Disney. They did the same with Roku. If there was a better alternative, I'd switch.
Google is fine… it’s the carriers trying to take advantage of them by making them pay carrier rights. Not sure what the story w roku was.

Thanks for the heads up. If they can't sign the deal I will be reducing my monthly rate by more then 15 bucks. More like 64.99. What other streaming services carry ACCN? I beleive the direct tv stream for 84.99 a month does and that might be the way to go. And they have YES
Spend $15 per month to get Hulu bundle w Disney and espn plus.

But what about the ACC network? I already pay 5 bucks a month for espn+. If YBTV drops Disney, I think I'll likely say goodbye, whether that be for HULU or another streaming service. That will be too bad because I like the service and love the unlimited DVR function - as well as how it automatically records anything Syracuse related.

But what about the ACC network? I already pay 5 bucks a month for espn+. If YBTV drops Disney, I think I'll likely say goodbye, whether that be for HULU or another streaming service. That will be too bad because I like the service and love the unlimited DVR function - as well as how it automatically records anything Syracuse related.
Just checking out the HULU service and there doesn't seem to be a live tv option and the whole ESPN+ is just a pain is the back side when you're trying to get the game on 2 minutes before it starts. And the DVR feature is a must. I'm never going back to paying outrageous cable prices. Streaming is a must when doing the snowbird thing.

Just checking out the HULU service and there doesn't seem to be a live tv option and the whole ESPN+ is just a pain is the back side when you're trying to get the game on 2 minutes before it starts. And the DVR feature is a must. I'm never going back to paying outrageous cable prices. Streaming is a must when doing the snowbird thing.
Hulu has a Live TV option. It's $65/month and includes the normal Hulu subscription.

Here is a great article comparing streaming services for 2022 with a handy easy to read comparison chart. I hope Youtubetv and disney get it figured out because that seems to be the best value to me.

Acc network isn’t effected… sec network is

The major advantage of YouTube TV is its unlimited DVR .. you can literally record every show on air at all times

These streamers are now becoming just as expensive as the ISPs. They get people to switch then jack up the prices. I live 10 miles from yankee stadium and I can’t even get the Yes network.
They are but I’d argue that streaming is better than corded .. no wire .. no equipment .. take your TV every where with you

I had directv for over 20 years and dumped it for YouTube tv this year .. I’m very pleased with the switch irrespective of the 200 dollar a month savings …. My ONLY beef is no local regional sports ..

Last edited: