heavy is the head that wears the crown | Syracusefan.com

heavy is the head that wears the crown

orangehomer

All American
feels like we are playing against the entire acc every night. one game at a time, regardless of uva's bogus schedule, we still control our destiny.

additionally, we need to stop worrying about an acc "regular season" title, I read it on the duke board that nothing matters besides the tourney winner, there is no such thing as regular season winner. I love how they are setting the table to give themselves outs for anyone winning the conference besides Syracuse.

I'm not worrying about anything.
They think they are the best.
So do we.
One of us is wrong.
Worrying about it ain't increasing our odds.
I'm enjoying the theatre of 25-0.

The ACC doesn't officially recognize the regular season winner but everyone else in the world does. Screw the ACC, never liked the conference. If it was up to me we'd still be in the BE. But it is what it is so I guess we have to make the best of it.

feels like we are playing against the entire acc every night. one game at a time, regardless of uva's bogus schedule, we still control our destiny.

additionally, we need to stop worrying about an acc "regular season" title, I read it on the duke board that nothing matters besides the tourney winner, there is no such thing as regular season winner. I love how they are setting the table to give themselves outs for anyone winning the conference besides Syracuse.

I've always valued the regular season conference championship over the League Tournament championship. Conference tourneys are a lot of fun, but it's a 3-4 day tournament playing back to back to back(to back!). That literally never happens at any other point in basketball. Not the regular season, not in the NCAA tournament, not in the NBA, not in high school. Never!

Playing for the 4th day in a row with the less beat up team winning...doesn't necessarily prove much. There were times where we were definitely the best team in the Big East and didn't win the conference tournament(2012, 2010, 2003, 2000 all stand out), and there were times where we definitely were not the best team in the league and we did win it(1992, 2006)

Last edited:
Not bogus but they got to play bottom of the league acc teams twice, while we had to play pitt and duke twice, and they get us at home.

I see, admittedly not that familiar with them or their schedule. They're an afterthought in my mind.

Briancuse said:
Not bogus but they got to play bottom of the league acc teams twice, while we had to play pitt and duke twice, and they get us at home.

Hate unbalanced schedules but not much you can do in the ACC.

Of the 3 teams above .500 in ACC play (excluding SU and UVA), UNC, Pitt and Duke, they have them each once. We got Pitt and Duke twice each. Plus the one game vs each other, it's @UVA. They got a nice schedule advantage this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom