Hello Again Cuse Fans (Your Favorite Hoosier is back) | Syracusefan.com

Hello Again Cuse Fans (Your Favorite Hoosier is back)

Hoosier1987

Walk On
First and foremost--Congrats on beating us in the Sweet 16 and your team did it with class. I remember when we beat Duke back in 2001-02 and it was a great feeling to pull that upset. Your team did it with class and you were simply amazing during that contest. I love college hoops and have no problem admitting when a team simply beats your butt. I was hoping your all would hang another Banner and was shocked when you all did not win it all.

Second--I would have come back to the board; however, my sister had given birth and my niece was born with fluid in her lungs. She consumed my time for a month and a half in the ICU; nevertheless, today she is in perfect health and preparing for the Syracuse Zone with me.

Third--When it is all said and done Coach Boeheim will go down as one of the finest collegiate coaches in history. I hope you all can appreciate what he means to the game of basketball throughout the world. I hope I am able to travel to Syracuse and meet him before he retires from the game. If any of you know how to make that happen please send me a message. I am located in the Houston, TX; however, my schedule is wide open starting in February of 2014.

Fourth--I was in love with our IU team in 2011-12; however, last year left so much to be desired from our Hoosiers of 2012-13. Don't get me wrong I loved last season but it was a season on the edge for me. The 2013-14 Hoosiers are fun for me to watch on the floor. They play the game the right way and give a lot of effort on both ends of the floor. I am 100% ok with our team losing some games and learning along the way to the tourney. Facing your zone early in the season will give us an advantage for any other team that zones us after this game.

Fifth--It's days like this during college basketball where all I can think about is my Hoosiers will be playing in a great venue versus another Blue Blood Program. It should be a heck of a game and I will sit back and appreciate the beautiful game of basketball tonight.

Sixth--Key players on our squad/others
Yogi Ferrell--Special talent that is just coming into his own this season.
Noah Vonleh--Has an ability to rebound and score; however, he plays within the team concept which I love about him.
Jeremy Hollowell--Needs to play lower to the ground and can be a bit erratic at times.
Will Sheehey--Seems to be letting the younger players learn how to play in order for IU to have an extended season. He is a coach on the floor and I will be excited when we get to Big Ten Season.
Evan Gordon--He is finding his groove on the floor and has a nice running floater. I imagine that is what he used to score on his brother Eric Gordon throughout those formative years. P.S. The younger Gordon is a heck of a talent in the 2016 Class.
Troy Williams--Athlete who will have some ups and downs but he is a high wire act. He is Boo Williams nephew and if he gets comfortable watch out.
Devin Davis--Heady Freshman that will be the ultimate glue guy doing the little things that count.
Luke Fischer--Coming off injury he has been a wildcard this season but the kid is a winner.
Jeff Howard--Senior walk-on that plays the game the right way
Stanford Robinson--Limited minutes but looked pretty good with the ball in his hands. He is originally from the DC Area and has a bright future.
Hanner Perea--A freak athlete that is still putting things together. I look forward to his Junior Year in Bloomington.
Collin Hartman and Austin Etherington--I hope that one of them is able to shoot a few 3s in this contest.

Ok--I look forward to a great contest tonight Cuse Fans! Have a great Tuesday and if any Cuse Fans are in Houston let me know if you need a bar to watch the game.

Paul

I wish all our competition had knowledgeable and decent fans to post like the OP.
We're looking for a great game, but expect the result to be similar to last year. Interesting on your podcast that DB(?) said he thinks Yogi will make Ennis look like a freshman. That will be an absolute first but extremely unlikely. Yogi needs to remember what he looked like last year. He couldn't break the zone then and I question he can do it now.

Interesting on your podcast that DB(?) said he thinks Yogi will make Ennis look like a freshman. That will be an absolute first but extremely unlikely. Yogi needs to remember what he looked like last year. He couldn't break the zone then and I question he can do it now.
All I remember is how much the talking heads had decided that Indiana was the greatest team in the history of the NCAA's. The Cuse defense was awesome and ended up with 12 steals and Indiana only shot 33%. Ferrell and Oladipo combined for one assist and seven turnovers. I'm not sure Cuse gets 12 steals tonight, but I think Cuse still wins at the end. Should be a nice Tuesday night at the dome.

Dear Hoosier, I hope that both of our teams play well and that it is a great game! And I hope we win, but one of these days we will lose. I always hope that we will lose "tomorrow."

I love how you love your Hoosiers! It reminds me of the Dr. Seuss line: "A Fan is a Fan wherever they be, but nowhere is a Fan quite like Me!"

Hey Paul... good to see ya back, always glad to see fans of other teams that can root hard for their team while still having a rational discussion about basketball. I won't go into quite the depth scouting that you did (its much appreciated) but here's a bit of info on this year's cuse team so far.

Our starters will be Ennis, Cooney, Fair, Coleman, and Christmas but our guys out there when it counts will be Ennis, Cooney, Fair, Kieta, and Grant.

The zone is still good, but it certainly hasn't come close to the defensive buzzsaw you guys ran into last march. A lot of it, of course, comes from the smaller guys up top (Cooney and Ennis vs Triche and MCW). We're getting steals at nearly the same rate, but teams have been able to get good shots otherwise. We're hoping it improves as the year goes on.

We actually seem to be a bit better on the offensive end this year. Cooney is a different player entirely and, so far, looks to be that shooting threat we hoped he would be when he came in highly touted. Fair may be the quietest great player cuse has ever had. He rarely does anything jaw dropping. He just makes the right play, gets the rebound, gets a good shot and makes it, and at the end of the night he's carried us to a win. Ennis isn't the defensive force MWC was, although he isn't bad, but he's smooth, in control, and doesn't play like a freshman. Grant is super talented and can jump out of the gym. He is also the guy that will sometimes make me want to pull my hair out as he tries to show everyone how talented he is by making the incredible sportscenter move instead of the smart basketball play. It almost might be good for you guys if he makes a couple very hard shots early because if he does, he tries 10 more. Kieta is the classic senior role player. Smart, knows his role, very good defender... hands of complete stone.

The "bench". Christmas is slowly progressing into a pretty good big man. Maybe not what we hoped when he came in as a McD AA... but a good defender and rebounder with at least SOME offensive game this year. As I said, Coleman will start but won't get a ton of minutes most likely. Huge body and can rebound and has a soft touch. But gets lost on defense and just has this inexplicable need to dribble into traffic after an offensive rebound. Gbinije will back up both guards and has been solid if unspectacular. His shooting touch hasn't really arrived yet, although we're told he's a good shooter. At 6'7 he adds that length to the zone we lost this year when he's in although he doesn't have the knack for it quite yet.

Those guys are likely all you'll see barring an injury or a blowout either way. Good luck with the rest of your season... just not tonight lol. Win or lose, feel free to visit and talk hoops anytime.

In order to avoid being shot, a traveler would call out from afar to let themselves be known. The inhabitants of the cabin would then reply "Who's here?" which – in the Appalachian English of the early settlers – slurred into "Who'sh 'ere?" and thence into "Hoosier?" A variant of this account had the Indiana pioneers calling out "Who'sh 'ere?" as a general greeting and warning when hearing someone in the bushes and tall grass, to avoid shooting a relative or friend in error.

Hoosier:

One word of advice: Learn to loath everything Rutgirls.

I want to save you a few wasted years of thinking they might be okay.
I don't know. I think Hoosier 1987 and Rutgers Al could be good friends going forward.

Fifth--It's days like this during college basketball where all I can think about is my Hoosiers will be playing in a great venue versus another Blue Blood Program. It should be a heck of a game and I will sit back and appreciate the beautiful game of basketball tonight.

thank-you-gif-1.gif

Gee, uh, sorry but 1987 still hurts for me. I think we need at least one more national championship before I can be completely healed!

For us to win tonight, we MUST win the rebounding battle!

First and foremost--Congrats on beating us in the Sweet 16 and your team did it with class. I remember when we beat Duke back in 2001-02 and it was a great feeling to pull that upset. Your team did it with class and you were simply amazing during that contest. I love college hoops and have no problem admitting when a team simply beats your butt. I was hoping your all would hang another Banner and was shocked when you all did not win it all.

Second--I would have come back to the board; however, my sister had given birth and my niece was born with fluid in her lungs. She consumed my time for a month and a half in the ICU; nevertheless, today she is in perfect health and preparing for the Syracuse Zone with me.

Third--When it is all said and done Coach Boeheim will go down as one of the finest collegiate coaches in history. I hope you all can appreciate what he means to the game of basketball throughout the world. I hope I am able to travel to Syracuse and meet him before he retires from the game. If any of you know how to make that happen please send me a message. I am located in the Houston, TX; however, my schedule is wide open starting in February of 2014.

Fourth--I was in love with our IU team in 2011-12; however, last year left so much to be desired from our Hoosiers of 2012-13. Don't get me wrong I loved last season but it was a season on the edge for me. The 2013-14 Hoosiers are fun for me to watch on the floor. They play the game the right way and give a lot of effort on both ends of the floor. I am 100% ok with our team losing some games and learning along the way to the tourney. Facing your zone early in the season will give us an advantage for any other team that zones us after this game.

Sixth--Key players on our squad/others
Yogi Ferrell--Special talent that is just coming into his own this season.
Noah Vonleh--Has an ability to rebound and score; however, he plays within the team concept which I love about him.
Jeremy Hollowell--Needs to play lower to the ground and can be a bit erratic at times.
Will Sheehey--Seems to be letting the younger players learn how to play in order for IU to have an extended season. He is a coach on the floor and I will be excited when we get to Big Ten Season.
Evan Gordon--He is finding his groove on the floor and has a nice running floater. I imagine that is what he used to score on his brother Eric Gordon throughout those formative years. P.S. The younger Gordon is a heck of a talent in the 2016 Class.
Troy Williams--Athlete who will have some ups and downs but he is a high wire act. He is Boo Williams nephew and if he gets comfortable watch out.
Devin Davis--Heady Freshman that will be the ultimate glue guy doing the little things that count.
Luke Fischer--Coming off injury he has been a wildcard this season but the kid is a winner.
Jeff Howard--Senior walk-on that plays the game the right way
Stanford Robinson--Limited minutes but looked pretty good with the ball in his hands. He is originally from the DC Area and has a bright future.
Hanner Perea--A freak athlete that is still putting things together. I look forward to his Junior Year in Bloomington.
Collin Hartman and Austin Etherington--I hope that one of them is able to shoot a few 3s in this contest.

Ok--I look forward to a great contest tonight Cuse Fans! Have a great Tuesday and if any Cuse Fans are in Houston let me know if you need a bar to watch the game.

Paul
Others here could tell you if I am wrong, but my guess is that if you called the basketball office and said that your are traveling up to SU specifically to attend a game at the Dome, and for a chance to meet coach Boeheim, he would meet you, if only for a few minutes. If you made a contribution to his Foundation, he will certainly meet with you.

While I won't go so far as to say that "Favorite" and "Hoosier" should never be used in the same sentence, I will point out that "Favorite Hoosier" has to be some sort of oxymoron.

Maybe somewhere along the lines of "Literate Hoya".

I will cut you some slack, since you have posted well here. You're my "Tolerable Hoosier". Cute little thing! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom