Hendrix-Queeley- the WRs | Syracusefan.com

Hendrix-Queeley- the WRs

upperdeck

Living Legend
Nice to see him get on the field.

Queeley is becoming dependable. Really missed Harris without him no deep threat except like the Johnson throw you get the perfect matchup.. but he is the perfect #3 guy.. We really need that 1B guy to match up with harris

If hendrix has lost a step I still think at his size he would be useful in the redzone or possession plays. Maybe we see him a bit more.

Nice to see him get on the field.

Queeley is becoming dependable. Really missed Harris without him no deep threat except like the Johnson throw you get the perfect matchup.. but he is the perfect #3 guy.. We really need that 1B guy to match up with harris

If hendrix has lost a step I still think at his size he would be useful in the redzone or possession plays. Maybe we see him a bit more.

I’d be fine moving on from Harris all together. I don’t like how he represents the university.

I’d be fine moving on from Harris all together. I don’t like how he represents the university.

Showing frustration on the field then the finger isn’t grounds for kicking him off.

I really hope he responds from it and locks in. He’s the equivalent of a R-SO who has shown some grit in YAC with all of his 164 pounds.

I like them as well and both showed toughness and caught contested balls. I noted Hedrix’s speed on one of the interception returns where he closed very quickly on the ball carrier. Maybe he hasn’t lost much if anything.

I would love to see Hendrix in the slot if that’s how he can get on the field with AQ and Taj. He’s too talented to not get serious burn.

A four wide set with those three and Benson or Nykeim is a legit group. Add in Tucker in the backfield and that’s a skill position unit that can compete with anyone in the ACC

AQ looks very good, needs to improve his awareness though, can’t be giving in on targets short of the first down marker without trying to make a move.

They are headed in the right direction I want fi see Rex throw some 50/50 balls up and see if they can get them . I want to see Williams and Barron and Alford before the season is over
Agreed. Hendrix has a physical presence that you cant coach.

I like what we have seen from Queely these last couple of games. I love Hendrix getting play and showing hands. We don't need Hendrix to be a 4.4 guy. Let him be our possession receiver. Looking forward to Alford, William's and Barron getting minutes and touches. At this point I would really like to see both of our freshman QBs to get snaps to see if there is something there. I also liked Lutz out there some yesterday.

Showing frustration on the field then the finger isn’t grounds for kicking him off.

I really hope he responds from it and locks in. He’s the equivalent of a R-SO who has shown some grit in YAC with all of his 164 pounds.
The finger is definitly grounds for being kicked off team. U let that crap slide and u lose ur players respect. Turns into a cancer that spreads. We do not need him.

Agree w/ all of the above posts- check that: not the ones suggesting Taj gets kicked off the team. That’s overboard, IMO.
Question is why did it take injuries and suspensions before AQ and Hendrix got some regular run on the field? It wasn’t like the starters were tearing things up in their absence, no? And in all fairness i do acknowledge that Hendrix has been hurt. Generally, I hate it when coaches don’t seem open to trying something different, especially when it’s obvious that 1st thing isn’t working.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if it's us. Running fast isn't always the whole story.

Hackett dropping that bunny, which cost us a first down, was not comforting.
That was a key drop, we had some momentum at that point. Hackett makes that easy catch and it's a first down and the drive continues. That drop killed our momentum.

Agree. I don't think we go deep enough in our skill position sometimes

You see other schools bringing out 8-9 WR a game, 3-4 TE, 4-5 RB
Agree w/ all of the above posts- check that: not the ones suggesting Taj gets kicked off the team. That’s overboard, IMO.
Question is why did it take injuries and suspensions before AQ and Hendrix got some regular run on the field? It wasn’t like the starters were tearing things up in their absence, no? And in all fairness i do acknowledge that Hendrix has been hurt. Generally, I hate it when coaches don’t seem open to trying something different, especially when it’s obvious that 1st thing isn’t working.

It is odd to me that we bring in a lot of WRs, but it's a small group that sees the snaps.

Bingo. I’d make an example out of him.
If this was an isolated incident, I’d agree with you. It’s not.

He comes from a very difficult situation and needs mentorship - which Babers and company are doing. He is by all means a good kid that is extremely competitive and can let his emotions get the best of him.

I am rooting for him, and believe that kicking him off the team is exactly what you don’t do in his situation. He isn’t stealing from teammates or breaking the law. Hopefully he learns from this and we all move on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom