Here are your 12th Annual IGGY AWARD winners | Syracusefan.com

Here are your 12th Annual IGGY AWARD winners

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Ok, Syracusefan Orange fans. After much consideration, the IGGY COMMITTEE has finally come to a near unanimous decision on how to handle to shortened season and are ready to award the winners of the 12th annual IGGY AWARDS. Due to factors beyond the wheelhouse of the IGGY COMMITTEE, we have had to eliminate a couple of the categories plus the tiebreaker. Due to this, the IGGY COMMITTEE has decided to change the rules a bit, similar to when the Cuse were forced to play in a play in game a couple seasons ago vs ASU.

Once again, the season ended prematurely. Since nothing good ever ends prematurely, we will skip all of the juvenile jokes and go right to the results. However, the IGGY COMMITTEE would be remiss if we neglected to mention the COVID-19 virus and say a quick moment of prayer that we get through this safe and sound and get our life back to normal (if that is even possible).

First category-REGULAR SEASON RECORD-17-14

We know we didn't win any big games except one vs Virginia. We know we lost a couple games that we should have and could have won which ultimately would have kept us out of the NCAA's. We know the OOC was brutal and we had five losses before Xmas. One of the records that JAB set. We know the last regular season game and loss vs Miami threw this category into a twister. So we had eight people pick 17-14. Since we threw out the Buddy Boeheim tiebreaker, we looked at the in conference record. Well none of the eight picked 10-10, so we decided to go with an award split eight ways. So in a very benevolent spirit, the IGGY COMMITTEE awards the first IGGY to the following (and please keep your speech to 30 seconds and keep politics out of it): Guy Fawkes, Fly Rodder, Cisco Cuse, Bomber Orange, Madbiker, pfister1, OrangeOnions and SUOrange08. Congrats.

ACC RECORD 10-10

So we had 17 people pick 10-10. Probably the category with the most right answers in the history of the IGGY'S. The IGGY COMMITTEE knew they couldn't award 17 IGGY'S and none of the tiebreakers really stood out, so in an act of chivalry, the IGGY COMMITTEE has awarded the second IGGY of the night to one of the leading ladies of Syracusefan.com, so congratulations to Cheriehoop.

LEADING SCORER-ELIJAH HUGHES 19.0

First thing the IGGY COMMITEE wants to say is that we wouldn't win ten fricken games this year without Eli. Eli was the heart of sole of our team and had a great season. Good luck to him in the future. Less than 1% chance he returns, but we can still be optimistic. No surprise that Eli was our leading scorer. Most everyone picked him. Only one was almost dead on. With a guess of 18.9 ppg, our next IGGY goes to Seng85 (who btw, I have never understood what your name stood for).

LEADING REBOUNDER-BOURAMA SIDIBE 7.6

Not everyone picked the big man from Mali. Hughes and Q were also considered and maybe one person guessed Marek. But BS deserved to win this category and let's give him props. Often injured, underweight, foul prone, he made it through the entire season and got stronger as the season went on. I mentioned in a post that he needs to spend all off season chasing chickens, like in Rocky, to work on his dexterity and lateral movement to help cut down on his almost season record of personal fouls. Otis, my man, you still hold the record. So we had two people nail this right on the nose, very similar to how Cole Anthony's elbow caught Boo on the nose. Congrats to the next IGGY winners: Shermstheman and 721Comstock. Your IGGY AWARDS are in the mail.

MINUTES PER GAME-ELIJAH HUGHES 36.7

Eli very rarely came off the court and as Syracuse's best player, he deserved the court time. Seventeen times this season he played all 40 minutes (45 in one game due to OT). And this number would have been higher had he not gotten injured vs NC State (3 minutes) and Miami (20 minutes) which coincidentally were games we were favored in and lost. So, a lot of people picked Eli and we had one person pick 36.6 mpg as the closest, so the next IGGY is awarded to dan7800.

FRESHMAN LEADING SCORER JGIII- 12.4

Wow. Hardly anyone picked the all time leading scorer in New York State Basketball History. Did you know that he even outscored Lance Stephenson in high school? So, in a category that is controversial in many ways, even continuing into the off season, we had two people come very close. So we are awarding two IGGY's again. With a guess of 12.2, we have Delmar and with a guess of 12.6 we have DNabb. We could have gone with the Price is Right rule, but chose instead to award both, so congrats guys.

Our other categories will be back next season and hopefully you will also. The IGGY COMMITTEE thanks you all for your participation in the 12th annual IGGY AWARDS and promise some special surprises for the lucky 13th. Practice safe hygiene and social distancing. Thank you.

Ok, Syracusefan Orange fans. After much consideration, the IGGY COMMITTEE has finally come to a near unanimous decision on how to handle to shortened season and are ready to award the winners of the 12th annual IGGY AWARDS. Due to factors beyond the wheelhouse of the IGGY COMMITTEE, we have had to eliminate a couple of the categories plus the tiebreaker. Due to this, the IGGY COMMITTEE has decided to change the rules a bit, similar to when the Cuse were forced to play in a play in game a couple seasons ago vs ASU.

Once again, the season ended prematurely. Since nothing good ever ends prematurely, we will skip all of the juvenile jokes and go right to the results. However, the IGGY COMMITTEE would be remiss if we neglected to mention the COVID-19 virus and say a quick moment of prayer that we get through this safe and sound and get our life back to normal (if that is even possible).

First category-REGULAR SEASON RECORD-17-14

We know we didn't win any big games except one vs Virginia. We know we lost a couple games that we should have and could have won which ultimately would have kept us out of the NCAA's. We know the OOC was brutal and we had five losses before Xmas. One of the records that JAB set. We know the last regular season game and loss vs Miami threw this category into a twister. So we had eight people pick 17-14. Since we threw out the Buddy Boeheim tiebreaker, we looked at the in conference record. Well none of the eight picked 10-10, so we decided to go with an award split eight ways. So in a very benevolent spirit, the IGGY COMMITTEE awards the first IGGY to the following (and please keep your speech to 30 seconds and keep politics out of it): Guy Fawkes, Fly Rodder, Cisco Cuse, Bomber Orange, Madbiker, pfister1, OrangeOnions and SUOrange08. Congrats.

ACC RECORD 10-10

So we had 17 people pick 10-10. Probably the category with the most right answers in the history of the IGGY'S. The IGGY COMMITTEE knew they couldn't award 17 IGGY'S and none of the tiebreakers really stood out, so in an act of chivalry, the IGGY COMMITTEE has awarded the second IGGY of the night to one of the leading ladies of Syracusefan.com, so congratulations to Cheriehoop.

LEADING SCORER-ELIJAH HUGHES 19.0

First thing the IGGY COMMITEE wants to say is that we wouldn't win ten fricken games this year without Eli. Eli was the heart of sole of our team and had a great season. Good luck to him in the future. Less than 1% chance he returns, but we can still be optimistic. No surprise that Eli was our leading scorer. Most everyone picked him. Only one was almost dead on. With a guess of 18.9 ppg, our next IGGY goes to Seng85 (who btw, I have never understood what your name stood for).

LEADING REBOUNDER-BOURAMA SIDIBE 7.6

Not everyone picked the big man from Mali. Hughes and Q were also considered and maybe one person guessed Marek. But BS deserved to win this category and let's give him props. Often injured, underweight, foul prone, he made it through the entire season and got stronger as the season went on. I mentioned in a post that he needs to spend all off season chasing chickens, like in Rocky, to work on his dexterity and lateral movement to help cut down on his almost season record of personal fouls. Otis, my man, you still hold the record. So we had two people nail this right on the nose, very similar to how Cole Anthony's elbow caught Boo on the nose. Congrats to the next IGGY winners: Shermstheman and 721Comstock. Your IGGY AWARDS are in the mail.

MINUTES PER GAME-ELIJAH HUGHES 36.7

Eli very rarely came off the court and as Syracuse's best player, he deserved the court time. Seventeen times this season he played all 40 minutes (45 in one game due to OT). And this number would have been higher had he not gotten injured vs NC State (3 minutes) and Miami (20 minutes) which coincidentally were games we were favored in and lost. So, a lot of people picked Eli and we had one person pick 36.6 mpg as the closest, so the next IGGY is awarded to dan7800.

FRESHMAN LEADING SCORER JGIII- 12.4

Wow. Hardly anyone picked the all time leading scorer in New York State Basketball History. Did you know that he even outscored Lance Stephenson in high school? So, in a category that is controversial in many ways, even continuing into the off season, we had two people come very close. So we are awarding two IGGY's again. With a guess of 12.2, we have Delmar and with a guess of 12.6 we have DNabb. We could have gone with the Price is Right rule, but chose instead to award both, so congrats guys.

Our other categories will be back next season and hopefully you will also. The IGGY COMMITTEE thanks you all for your participation in the 12th annual IGGY AWARDS and promise some special surprises for the lucky 13th. Practice safe hygiene and social distancing. Thank you.
Nice job Clifton. I believe I have updated all the titles for the winners. If I missed someone, please let me know. Congrats to everyone, especially the winners!

Last edited:
I'm still furious at us for blowing the Miami game and costing me my first IGGY award! This is something I'm going to have to learn to live with over this very long offseason. :mad:

First, I'd like to thank God, without him nothing is possible. I'd like to thank my mother, father, wife and children for their support during this season. It is such an prestigious award and I am over the moon to win my 1st IGGY.

Thanks for doing this each year, Clifton! To answer your question, beginning of my last name + year I graduated from SU.
And I’ve lived in the Capital District all my life! Enjoy your insight (along with others) on Section II athletics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom