Here comes 3 and 9 | Syracusefan.com

Here comes 3 and 9

Here come the negative Nelly's. How the hell that is your takeaway from this game makes me feel sorry for you as a fan. For real.
Excellent point Ragman. If you don’t like what you see than stop watching. This team is going to make some noise in the back half of this season. If you are going to be so negative, don’t bother watching.

1. Barring colossal injuries, etc., we are NOT going 3-9.
2. The losses may be mindnumbingly painful, especially if it is on the coaches, but this team can hang with anybody.
3. We are playing exciting football! This is a team that is fun to watch and the growth is there to see.
4. Enjoy this season, because it ain't over! Not by a long shot. And look at the trajectory this team may have going into next season!
5. C'mon...Enjoy the Ride!

Here come the negative Nelly's. How the hell that is your takeaway from this game makes me feel sorry for you as a fan. For real.

I know people post in frustration, but sometimes I question if they’re really fans, or if they find the hard times more interesting than the good times.

I will say, Dino needs to tighten up his thought process. We’re going to be involved in a lot of close games. That’s not a bad thing after being blown out so often last year. I don’t see us running away with any games though, so all those decisions will continue to be magnified.

Time to realize that his kicking game isn’t anything close to what he’s normally had. Giving up 3 points isn’t a bad thing with his offense playing like it is. And no more 2 point conversions until the 4th quarter. And to have everyone ready if we are going to do it.

This is the second best team under Dino and it's not a foregone conclusion 2018 beats this team. This one would land a few punches on that one but Dungey would ultimately do what was needed to win.

Edit: Put Dungey on this team and it's better than that one.

This is the second best team under Dino and it's not a foregone conclusion 2018 beats this team. This one would land a few punches on that one but Dungey would ultimately do what was needed to win.

Edit: Put Dungey on this team and it's better than that one.
A healthy 2017 team beat #2 Clemson and almost won at LSU and Miami. But just couldn’t overcome injuries. 2021 may be better than them but I have to see more.

I know people post in frustration, but sometimes I question if they’re really fans, or if they find the hard times more interesting than the good times.

I will say, Dino needs to tighten up his thought process. We’re going to be involved in a lot of close games. That’s not a bad thing after being blown out so often last year. I don’t see us running away with any games though, so all those decisions will continue to be magnified.

Time to realize that his kicking game isn’t anything close to what he’s normally had. Giving up 3 points isn’t a bad thing with his offense playing like it is. And no more 2 point conversions until the 4th quarter. And to have everyone ready if we are going to do it.
As a lifelong CNY'er, we as a population, have a baked-in pessimistic attitude about pretty much everything. I honestly didn't really learn that until I moved away and lived somewhere else for a few years. It's almost like a sport to see how irritated you can get and how irrational you can become. And yes, I know all fans are like this but CNY fans are a breed apart.

A healthy 2017 team beat #2 Clemson and almost won at LSU and Miami. But just couldn’t overcome injuries. 2021 may be better than them but I have to see more.
Good points. Dungey on this team has us undefeated right now. Look at the progress we've made since naming Shrader starter. It has taken time to figure things out with him and he's barely been in this offense. Dungey is a better passer and brings the same mobility. This team has a better defense, oline, and Tucker. The one thing it lacks compared to those, outside of Dungey, is a WR like AET, Ishmael, or Custis.

As a lifelong CNY'er, we as a population, have a baked-in pessimistic attitude about pretty much everything. I honestly didn't really learn that until I moved away and lived somewhere else for a few years. It's almost like a sport to see how irritated you can get and how irrational you can become. And yes, I know all fans are like this but CNY fans are a breed apart.
You're painting with quite a broad brush. I am nothing like the CNYers you are a part of. It's a choice and I choose to look for the bright side and keep negativity to a minimum. I'm happier doing that.

I thought that after Rutgers.
We aren’t going 3-9.
It’s either 5-7 or 6-6.
I hope we get to 6-6.

If we don’t make a bowl and keep Dino then John Wildhack is an eternal fraud to me as long as he remains AD.

You're painting with quite a broad brush. I am nothing like the CNYers you are a part of. It's a choice and I choose to look for the bright side and keep negativity to a minimum. I'm happier doing that.
I know I'm painting with a broad brush. This is why I said, "as a population." Obviously, not everyone falls under that umbrella. I'm glad you don't. I don't either. The fact of the matter is a lot of CNY'ers are constantly looking around for the other shoe to drop, and when it does some of them have an odd sense of satisfaction that it did.

Nah. I think we beat BC. Louisville will be a toss up. Who knows what will happen Friday against Clemson. I'm not scared of NC State.

VaTech beatable but being on the road I'll say no. We aren't beating Pitt this year.

Shame we missed on those three losses that could (should) be wins.

I'll go on record and say we go 4-2 to finish year.

W
Clemson, BC, Ville, NC State

L
VaTech, Pitt

So what's going on with Clemson? Has anybody watched them? It looks like the most they've scored against an FBS team is 21. Is their offense that bad? Can we score on them like we did against WF and FSU or is their defense gonna make this a rock fight?

I’m disappointed too bro but we could easily be 5-1 right now. This season has been exciting so far and it feels like the flood gates will open any minute. I think we finish 6-6.
Let's hope for 6- 6. And Bowl game. Remember this is a young team.

Nah. I think we beat BC. Louisville will be a toss up. Who knows what will happen Friday against Clemson. I'm not scared of NC State.

VaTech beatable but being on the road I'll say no. We aren't beating Pitt this year.

Shame we missed on those three losses that could (should) be wins.

I'll go on record and say we go 4-2 to finish year.

W
Clemson, BC, Ville, NC State

L
VaTech, Pitt
All 4 games you listed Cuse will be underdogs. Not saying optimism is not a good trait...but retreating from reality is not.

All 4 games you listed Cuse will be underdogs. Not saying optimism is not a good trait...but retreating from reality is not.
Yeah, we'll be underdogs because that's our reputation and Vegas understands the betting publics perception. It doesn't account for how different this team has played the last couple games versus early in the year and last year. I'm not saying we should be considered favorites, but a fan should be able to look beyond Vegas and see how things may be different.

We've been underdogs every game except Albany.

Won three games and should have won at least two others.

We've covered the spread how many times this season?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom