Here is some hope | Syracusefan.com

Here is some hope

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
The ACC is bad this year, might do all right.

I always had hope, 2 games, loss to #1, which I would have predicted anyway, and lots of FB to go. The center will come back, line will be better and they’ll win some games. Devito wasn’t bad last night, showed toughness under pressure and made some plays under duress. It all comes down to the oline, if it gets better they’re good. If not it’s a long season.

Just a comparison that I think if you do the old read between the numbers, the story makes sense. Kind of like the old haves verses the have nots. Trevor Lawrence to this point season stats: Attempts/Completions 59-97 831 yards 60.8% 5 Td's 5 Int's been sacked twice. 139.5 QBR.
Tommy DeVito Attempts/Completions 60/101 678 yards 59.4% 3 td's 4 Int's been sacked 14 times 117.7 QBR.

If you don't think that what you have around you makes a difference. Must be nice to have time to throw. Must be nice to be able to throw 50-50 balls that are more like 95-5 balls in your favor. Must be nice to make some questionable decisions on throws that end up picks and not have to worry because your defense will take care of you. It does suck when you do the bone headed throw and your team gets torpedoed because you can't afford a mistake. That is what Tommy DeVito needs to understand. His decisions effect his team a lot more than some others who have lots of layers to protect their mistakes. Here is to Tommy DeVito learning that he can't afford to make any mistakes. That his play in many ways is more important to his team than some of the quarterbacks who will be playing in much bigger games later in the season. You don't have a choice Tommy DeVito. The lessons have to be learned and the mistakes eliminated. You are very important to your teams success. Here's to you never ever touching the element on the stove again. If you do not learn, eventually the powers to be will go out and find somebody else who won't even go into the kitchen. Go Orange!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom