Here we go again | Syracusefan.com

Here we go again

The ACC will be the best BB conference and may be the best all sports conference. While it would be nice to also have the most highly regarded FB conference, the main thing is we are safely ensconced in a great and (for us) most appropriate league. That said, I'll probably root for ACC FB teams when playing out of conference. At least until I start hating one (or two) more than I care about league image.

The perception is likely to change soon.

The B1G just added two weak football teams diluting their overall product. Add to that their woeful bowl performance over the last several years eeewwweeeeeeee

The PAC 12 is, well, USC and a couple other-rans (currently Oregon and Stanford)

The Big 12 (who cannot count) is Texas and Oklahoma. Everyone else is a novelty when they win 10 games. Besides, with no defense in the conference, they do not perform well when it matters.

The ACC has several teams on the rise and the defense is much better than the Big 12.

The SEC is NOT going anywhere for a while (no one can pay as well as they do, players that is)

I always root for the conference teams to beat everyone they play, unless its us. I want Clemson to clobber Georgia and then lose by 20 to us in the Dome.

Yeah, it blows my mind why people want their in conference opponents to lose every game and then cry when they lack the SOS to get a good bowl game. By the way, it is OK to hate one team, a.k.a. Georgetown, and hope THEY alone lose every game, but the others are expected to win all OOC games. :D

We did our part last year. Our OOC SOS was good for us and is far better than playing St Mary's. The only way to get respect to best good teams.

Perception is reality, unfortunately. What is it going to take for the ACC (and Syracuse, more specifically) to change that? Beat the **** out of Penn State on national television to start the season and embarrass Northwestern on that mid-western public access channel later in the year.

RU playing Howard brings a lot of SOS to the B1G...

Perception is 9-10ths of the truth even if untrue...

Yeah, it blows my mind why people want their in conference opponents to lose every game and then cry when they lack the SOS to get a good bowl game. By the way, it is OK to hate one team, a.k.a. Georgetown, and hope THEY alone lose every game, but the others are expected to win all OOC games. :D

I enjoy UCONN and WVU losing when we were still BE and even now, and I've never stopped rooting against Va Tech, or Miami (FL). Old habits die hard I suppose. :noidea:

I enjoy UCONN and WVU losing when we were still BE and even now, and I've never stopped rooting against Va Tech, or Miami (FL). Old habits die hard I suppose. :noidea:

I still root for WVU to beat the snot out of the Big 12. For a few years, they are old BE in my mind.

UCONN and Rutgers don't get that same respect. Why? Upstarts.

I still root for WVU to beat the snot out of the Big 12. For a few years, they are old BE in my mind.

UCONN and Rutgers don't get that same respect. Why? Upstarts.

I will always root against UConn OOC the same way I've actively rooted against Duke. Their basketball teams are both in my top 5 hated so I also root againt their football teams although never pay more attention than the final score. Rutgers is a non player since they've never had a mens basketball team or a football team on the level of WVU, Miami, or Va Tech. Schiano was a pr*ck but now he's Tampa's problem and I now feel indifferent about Rutgers under Kyle Flood to the same degree I do/did USF.

As we've always said, it doesn't matter who you are, FSU or lowly Buttgers, if you want respect, you have to beat Big Name teams out of conference. Yes, schools like SU and Pitt and BC and NCSt and GTech have to pick it up. But schools like VT and Clemson and FSU and Miami have to win games for the ACC to be better regarded.

Florida St, Miami need to get back to the 1980-1990 schools who everyone feared. Clemson, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, North Carolina had some very good teams in that time. They were as good if not better then the SEC , during that time, and can be again.

Perception is reality, unfortunately. What is it going to take for the ACC (and Syracuse, more specifically) to change that? Beat the **** out of Penn State on national television to start the season and embarrass Northwestern on that mid-western public access channel later in the year.

^THIS!^

By the way, it is OK to hate one team, a.k.a. Georgetown, and hope THEY alone lose every game, but the others are expected to win all OOC games. :D

I hope the Chokies get dysentery and crabs. Everyone else...rah, rah, rah!!!

With so many teams jumping conferences, it will take a season or two for the dust to settle before relative conference strength can be better determined. As satated by otehrs above, OOC success is the critical factor, especially on national TV.

Didnt wanna start a new thread, so I'm just going to drop this here

Went down to Denali National park this weekend, rocking an SU shirt (of course) and ran into some Clemson fans. "Hey, you guys play in a dome right?" They asked about attendance, for both football and basketball. They said they were excited about SU joining, and were planning to head up to the Dome.

I'll always root for our conference to win OOC games. Then I'll root for the preseason favorites to beat up on the lower ranked teams within the conference. Finally, I'll root for the 'cuse to beat up on all of the teams it plays.

With so many teams jumping conferences, it will take a season or two for the dust to settle before relative conference strength can be better determined. As satated by otehrs above, OOC success is the critical factor, especially on national TV.
I found it funny, living here in SEC country, that with Texas A&M's success they were immediately embraced as a SEC team but Missouri was just some team that came from the Big XII and didn't really belong.

I found it funny, living here in SEC country, that with Texas A&M's success they were immediately embraced as a SEC team but Missouri was just some team that came from the Big XII and didn't really belong.

beating Alabama earns you props.

beating Alabama earns you props.
That wasn't my point. That team was essentially assembled while being part of the Big XII. Since they were good, SEC fans accepted them as their own (a switch from preseason opinions BTW). Since Missouri wasn't that good, SEC fans still viewed them as outsiders. SEC fans are the ultimate homers. Living amongst them as made me hate this conference so much more than I did when I was in CNY.